Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Agree with all this apart from Justin. I think he will be just fine in that role a division below. Ricardo and Justin had tough asks tonight. Personally think Nacho needs benching for a long time and we persist with Vardy and Daka until Cannon is ready. Albrighton just not made for all this, and Casadei is probably a years development behind where we need him to be. 

Worth pointing out we are not coming up against anything like Liverpool (albeit with changes) unless we draw something tough in the FA cup. This is as tough as its going to get for us.

He was responsible for the first and second goal through simply being poor - first playing the goalscorer onside (no excuse), second getting pushed off the ball to open our entire defence.  But beyond those mistakes he got beat several times, watched the ball go over his head a few times, either overcommitted or just stood watching, and he was lucky (given the ref) not to have given away a pen with a sloppy challenge.  But even if we accept that he just had a bad game, it's just his confidence and awareness, everyone else is making one touch passes, while he dithers and then goes back to the keeper.  I thought he'd improved the last few games, but tonight he was just terrible.  I can't see Maresca accepting that sort of a performance, especially with souttar and coady coming back and looking far better on the ball and defensively.

Liverpool had so many chances but we defended very well. Some hair raising moments playing put from the back, largely from Stolarczyk. However, we weren't ruthless enough in the final 20 mins when we had 2 or 3 chances to claw it back to 2-2.

Our set pieces are fcukin pointless at the minute too, need to improve in that regard.

I thought 1st half Hamza, Souttar, McAteer, Coady and Yunus were impressive.

2nd half defended resolutely from Souttar and Coady but it was difficult to get any momentum. I rated Yunus non stop attitude though and was our most dangerous player at getting the ball on the counter out wide or through to the extremely poor Iheanacho.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Doesn't have an issue with Justin but you seem to dig him out a lot

I mentioned four fuching players! 

But do you honestly  think Justin was good tonight? At fault for two goals and contributed little either defensively or going forward.  If i 'dig him out a lot' it's because i don't rate him, and when i do criticise him i'll always explain and give examples of what i believe he lacks.

But, in the spirit of fairness: 

Casadei:  looks unfit, got caught often in possession, didn't contribute much defensively or, given his size, in the air.

Nacho:  Did little, poor decision making, poor passing, poor touch - looks disinterested.

Albrighton: Too slow, caught often in possession, poor distribution in the final third.

Before the game today I really wasn't too fussed about the result, but after 10 minutes of listening to that tw@t on ESPN, I was frothing at the mouth and rabidly desperate for us to win at all costs, preferably in the most sh1thouse way possible so we could hear how salty he became. For a while my wish was being granted but sadly it wasn't to be in the end.

Having to endure the horrifically biased commentary and being totally outclassed by a big 6 team on the pitch served to underline why being out of the PL is not all bad. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I mentioned four fuching players! 

But do you honestly  think Justin was good tonight? At fault for two goals and contributed little either defensively or going forward.  If i 'dig him out a lot' it's because i don't rate him, and when i do criticise him i'll always explain and give examples of what i believe he lacks.

But, in the spirit of fairness: 

Casadei:  looks unfit, got caught often in possession, didn't contribute much defensively or, given his size, in the air.

Nacho:  Did little, poor decision making, poor passing, poor touch - looks disinterested.

Albrighton: Too slow, caught often in possession, poor distribution in the final third.

Reckon I could search his name and you'd pop up being negative about him regardless though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Daka played a nice ball to Ndidi (the £5 million ball!). One more nice ball compared to Nacho. Thought Casadei was poor, but Liverpool give you no space to breathe. Casadei as concern for me now.

Thought the rest of them did themselves proud. Souttar can't play out the back but defended well. Stolarczyk had the best learning experience he could hope for, but has a lot to work on. But in a way I am glad they persisted with the style even though Liverpool were over us like a rash everytime we played out the back. Coady did well for first game back, so will be just fine against the dross in the division below. Souttar and Coady blowing hard at the end, but fair play.

Fatawu should probably have had a Pen, and Ndidi should have done better. But to be fair, i'm glad we're out of the damn thing after holding ourselves to account pretty well. 

Special awards to the ref and the amazing commentary. I think we could all come up with our top 5 moments. My personal favourite was when Nunez scuffed a shot wide:

He's not hungry, he's ravenous

Bellend.

This also made my blood boil! 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Reckon I could search his name and you'd pop up being negative about him regardless though

I've tried to be positive, you'll find me regularly saying that i hope he comes good, but when he puts in performances like that i'm going to call them.... It's hard to discuss a match and be complimentary to a defender at fault for two goals.

I don't think he's a bad player, i've said, in most discussions, I believe he's just fuched confidence-wise and that his abilities (even his position) don't lend themselves to the type of football we're playing.