Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

1 hour ago, ChrisFilter said:

Could have been 6-1 on another night, but treated as a training exercise (an Enzo probably did) it was a good one. We stuck to our game and had periods of looking very accomplished. 

I feel pretty encouraged, actually. Had more about us than last season, that’s for sure. 

...pretty important to hold to his beliefs and Maresca must feel good that he didn't waver in his beliefs!!!

On another day the scoreline could have been worse, but we should have been looking to feed McAteer more at the start of the game as Curtis was struggling to stay with him. Akgun had a good game, held onto the ball a bit too long, and should have been looking to release McAteer and move the ball quicker.

Great atmosphere from the travelling faithful some funny moments in the crowd especially the bloke a few seats from me berating Jota at every moment of the first half, thought we played pretty well first half didn’t really see it go in but Kassey Mac he’s becoming a bit of a beast on the ball need to hide him in January but tonight has shown we are in need of a quality striker !

Officials definitely not on the ball tonight quite a few decisions went against us a couple of penalty shouts and fouls against us, this cup is out of the way now time to get on with the business end of getting out of the championship and back to the Premier League!

thought there was plenty of positives to our game, especially first half.

although the playing out from the back almost had us in bother, i liked that we stuck to the plan against one of the best pressing teams in world football. 

Thought Akgun was quality, really good on the ball, busy off it and always seems to want it and has a knack of finding space. Think he is much more suited to a central role than a winger.

Really hope Nacho isn't gonna do a Tielemans on us. Everything about his personality says he won't do that, but it's quite obvious he was looking to leave and if he's agreed something for end of the season then it's gonna be more about staying injury free than committing 100% and we seen enough of that last season.

Our biggest obstacle this season will be the lead up to the window and the window itself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Absolutely abysmal refereeing performance. Worst thing was when Jones was substituted, the ref told him to go off behind the goal but Jones acknowledged him but refused; the ref did nothing. Lack of bottle if I’ve ever seen it. 

He didn't give that potential foul by Justin in the box and could tell it was in the back of his mind for the rest of the game. If we win them Klopp makes an example of him and this has been an issue since the Fergie days. Referees will always side with big clubs because decisions that go against them are back page news and ones that go against us are barely spoken about.

VAR was supposed to cut out that bias but only reaffirmed it. 

• Like 2

Useful if you view it as a training exercise.

Think it showed Souttar and Coady can slot in if needed, Akgun is interesting in a number of positions.

Unfortunately also highlighted how we are going to really struggle if we’re without Winks at any point, and that JJ might struggle slotting in for Doyle - which I’d assumed would be a straight swap. Doyle had made mistakes defensively but his cross field balls are so important to us.

• Like 1

I think the manager has done a great job, but I can’t understand why u pull the opposition on to u in ur 6 yard box then try to play out to a bloke who has his back to the opposition and nowhere to go . By all means play short but wide , would have thought the manager would have changed tactics once he seen Liverpool pushing right up on us to more long balls hoping to catch them out . 
but overall our ball control and passing was really pure tonight , but this happens when u step up in class 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Really hope Nacho isn't gonna do a Tielemans on us. Everything about his personality says he won't do that, but it's quite obvious he was looking to leave and if he's agreed something for end of the season then it's gonna be more about staying injury free than committing 100% and we seen enough of that last season.

Our biggest obstacle this season will be the lead up to the window and the window itself. 

We have a lot that can leave on a free next summer and as you say this coming window will be a massive distraction. Legacy from our poor management of our contracting situations, obviously complicated by our relegation.

Nacho, Ndidi, Praet, Vardy, Albrighton amongst those who will be out of contract. The Tielemans situation is a lesson learnt (but remember we also got zero for the likes of Perez, Soyuncu and Mendy who are all decent players).

With us being in the Championship, it would be hard for us to keep their heads in the right place in January, unless they are absolutely committed and we are flying high still in the Championship with guaranteed bonus if we get promoted.

4 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

He hasn't, that's the problem.

He hasn’t been good in a single game in the league thus far, nearly had his penalty saved at the weekend and the best performance we’ve turned in all season was the game he didn’t feature. 

I mean, I’m not saying he’s the issue….. but he’s the issue. Seen time and time again on here “his ability to link the play” or “he drops deep and gets us playing” .. his first touch is absolutely abysmal, more moves and passages of play break down due to him than any other player, or even from the opposition defending efficiently. He is an absolute mile off it. Mistake after mistake chasing his first touch that’s just hit some poor fan in the disabled row square in the coupon. 

Start the King, bring Daka on and wait for Cannon to get fit. Iheanacho can run the social media or something because the bloke couldn’t trap a bag of cement. Dismal. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Anyone know why that Ben Doak is so angry? He reminded me of a typical school yard bully who always angry and hates everyone for no reason. Proper odd little creature. 

He’s played for Celtic and Liverpool mate. 

Part of representing those clubs is you’re angry at Tories, the monarchy, Glasgow Rangers, Israel, Northern Ireland, every place in the UK that isn’t Liverpool and newspapers. 

It ain’t something you just switch on and off, it’s perma-anger with them lot. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thought all our players minus the goalie did ok tonight. Dont feel comfortable with him in goal at all. 

Interesting I didn’t have that take at all really. Looked very comfortable on the ball and was coming well for crosses.

Let's face it, we all knew it would be a big ask tonight. I'm really not fussed. What I was fussed about was the bias ref. Can we check he's not a former Liverpool player! We made 10 changes, and still scored 1st. We really didn't need the extra games this would have brought, so it's not a big deal. 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'd be staggered if Maresca continued to play a player free wheeling like that, certainly not after Xmas anyway. 

I also think Daka might have a real point to prove in the coming weeks and there's absolutely no place for half arsed performances and getting away with it, like Brendan fostered.

• Like 1