Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

Just now, JayTheFox said:

I agree with keeping with the philosophy of passing out from the back but after you’ve just scored a the opponent have just nearly nicked it 2 mins before just kick it long for the next couple maybe. It’s all game management 

The principle is solid, the best managers in the world utilise it, but they aren't hardliners on it. When Man City have 5 opposing players in their 18 yard box they clear it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Twice in two minutes is brain dead. "He picked the pass? "😂

I'm not denying it's a mistake. But acting like it's some heinous unforgivable crime when he's doing exactly what the game plan is is over the top. 

Everyone was bored of Rodgers football, nobody wanted that. So we've increased the risk and reward, it's working, we're playing well this season. But that's the risk. 

You get out what you put in. 

• Like 1

We'll be fine, I think these will drop gears as we up them.

We just need to go back to basics, calm things down, and do what we do best.

These ain't good, anything they've done that's looked remotely threatening has only come off the back of our errors.

They’ve got four or five players in the area of the pitch that Winks and Ricardo play, they’ve done their homework.

We have to go direct and hit the pace of Mavididi, Vardy and Fatawu to beat the press. That’s what Man City would do here, they’d bypass Rodri and go straight to Haaland.

I’d hook Fatawu here actually, playing like a moron.

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm not denying it's a mistake. But acting like it's some heinous unforgivable crime when he's doing exactly what the game plan is is over the top. 

Everyone was bored of Rodgers football, nobody wanted that. So we've increased the risk and reward, it's working, we're playing well this season. But that's the risk. 

Indeed.  Attempting to pull this off game after game in the PL next season will be... interesting?  lol

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

But twice in two minutes....