Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

Just now, Finnegan said:

KDH man. I swear he has a phobia of passing to Mavididi. Just get it away to him ffs. 

This could be an absolutely killer combination on the left. We really need KDH to tune in. It was the same in the Bristol City game.

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Within minutes we are making the same tired mistakes from Mads being forced to play it out.

Best way to think about it is that this is all progress building for when this team will play better teams who can press consistently like Blackburn. 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

This could be an absolutely killer combination on the left. We really need KDH to tune in. It was the same in the Bristol City game.

They're probably the two best players in the league in their respective positions. If they get it in sync they're gonna be immense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Best way to think about it is that this is all progress building for when this team will play better teams who can press consistently like Blackburn. 

I mean, I get that, but overall I just think it's stupid really. When we find better teams than Blackburn we will also be playing teams positioned better than them and have less passing options potentially. I just don't see how a manager with such a dynamic philosophy in terms of modern formations etc can have such a hardline approach to suicide ball. Plenty of teams pass it around at the back, none of them do it in their own box and make the same tired mistake 5+ times a match lol

Just now, RumbleFox said:

People need to calm down with the “pratting about at the the back” stuff. It’s a necessary evil and there will be occasions where it backfires but we can’t play how we play without it. At least it’s interesting. 

It’s a necessity for if we want to be serious if we go up. Mistakes are part of the process. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

From everyone. The entire team dropped deep, our back 4 was 3 feet ahead of him. This shite has to be coming from Enzo.

I don't agree that it's shite, but against a team that presses this aggressively it is a calculated risk.

I just don't like how often Mads telegraphs that pass down the middle. He took far too long then and it wasn't on. Couple of times today he's played it to a player I'd say was under too much pressure when there were options either side.

I'm fine with Enzo and the system.

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

People need to calm down with the “pratting about at the the back” stuff. It’s a necessary evil and there will be occasions where it backfires but we can’t play how we play without it. At least it’s interesting. 

It gets right on my tits, as stated many times, it’s risk and reward

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

There's nothing necessary about doing it in our own box, everything we are trying to achieve can be done in a safer position. Every team in the world that plays this way does it further up the pitch.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

Fatawu is having a big impact on this game, not sure how long he'll stay on after HT though because of that booking

Both wingers in the book is testament to the relentless pressure. Hopefully Blackburn wear themselves out

• Like 1