Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I mean, I get that, but overall I just think it's stupid really. When we find better teams than Blackburn we will also be playing teams positioned better than them and have less passing options potentially. I just don't see how a manager with such a dynamic philosophy in terms of modern formations etc can have such a hardline approach to suicide ball. Plenty of teams pass it around at the back, none of them do it in their own box and make the same tired mistake 5+ times a match lol

Pep, Klopp and Arteta are the same. It’s a feature of modern coaching I’m afraid. Who needs a plan B when you’re so accomplished at an artful plan A.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

People need to calm down with the “pratting about at the the back” stuff. It’s a necessary evil and there will be occasions where it backfires but we can’t play how we play without it. At least it’s interesting. 

nah im sorry but players literally standing still with the ball for extended periods is not football... and entertainment is part of the game.. that is just crap

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I don't agree that it's shite, but against a team that presses this aggressively it is a calculated risk.

I just don't like how often Mads telegraphs that pass down the middle. He took far too long then and it wasn't on. Couple of times today he's played it to a player I'd say was under too much pressure when there were options either side.

I'm fine with Enzo and the system.

It's shite. The principle is fine, where we are doing it is stupid. No team in world football that plays it out from the back does it in such a risky way. There is absolutely no reason to be doing this in our own box.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

He’s such an odd player…… one minute he’s like a fly trapped between the blinds and a window, the next he’s like a Rolls Royce….

It’s called a winger. They’re usually inconsistent unless they’re world class. It’s the nature of their game. 

• Like 1