Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It's shite. The principle is fine, where we are doing it is stupid. No team in world football that plays it out from the back does it in such a risky way. There is absolutely no reason to be doing this in our own box.

Early days. Fortunately up to now the teething problems haven't been costing us points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We can only dream of being close to this, but at present we have barely anything in the final third relative to the chances we create, and we are very susceptible to mistakes at the back. 100% agree if it eventually clicks it will be fine, but Pep, Klopp and Arteta also change the way they play. Hopefully it works out and we can stamp out the silly mistakes

Of course but these are the things that will come up in getting there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Winks metronome is uncharacteristically out of sync a bit today. Same with KDH. Just need to sharpen up a bit. 

I was just thinking the same thing, he’s taking an extra touch that he usually doesn’t take, and he’s been a bit loose in his touch too……

Just now, SafewayFox said:

People are entitled different opinions right?

I understand the system/process but something that needs to improve is the in game management, their goal was one of the most obvious things to happen as we didn’t take the sting out of the game by playing safer, getting the home fans on their back etc.

That's where I'm at, there is this really odd attitude on this forum atm where people just assume if you disagree with the way we play it's because you don't understand it, or this strange how dare you question Enzo attitude.
I'm perfectly happy with the tactical approach, perfectly happy with what we are trying to achieve, I absolutely detest the way in which we are trying to do it, and where on the pitch we are trying to do it. Of all of the best teams in the world that adopt this style of having full backs that shift into midfield, and defenders that pass it around to pull the opponent into pressing to create space, not a single one of them do it in their own box as much as us.

There is nothing necessary about this suicide brand of football, all of this can be done further outside of our own box. It's not resulting in tangible statistic that shows it works better than the teams we are aspiring to play similar to. All we are doing is gifting unnecessary chances to the opposition whilst not really producing more for ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

KDH refusing to release that ball to Mavididi was one of the most baffling things I've seen. 

Mavididi did the same thing to him 3 minutes earlier.

I’m assuming they’ve had a lovers tiff.