Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Early days. Fortunately up to now the teething problems haven't been costing us points.

Yeah I think if we are going to transition into a new blueprint for the club, going down has probably helped us, if we had made these mistakes in the prem we would be in big trouble, every cloud!

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I know that Enzo looks to be tactically superb and that we are currently top of the table.

So you can’t knock it.

But footballers ain’t the brightest.

I wonder whether there IS a time just to launch it long from the goal kick. Particularly when the opposition are having a good spell?

This insistence on playing it short, most of the time, is really risk-reward.

IF it works, it’ll bring players on and create space behind. If it don’t work, we’ll likely concede.

We’ll see what we do second half.

Not the sharpest and we're the makers of our own downfall but just goes to show that our style of play will get us goals. 

Need to be more concentrated and sharper on the ball. Winks and KDH need to improve or we need to see the runs being made further up when we do have it. 

Their midfield gets a lot of space. If we can restrict the balls into Szmodics, Moran and Sigurdsson we'll be fine. 

And get the ball to Mavididi quicker when he's in acres of space. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

A process of what? It's suicide football and we do it every week multiple times a game. There is no process here, it's just poor.

classic example of someone who will never be satisfied with what they see on the pitch

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Enzo needs to sort out afew players at halftime.....else Blackburns going to back into the game

Blackburn are absolutely in the game.  50% more attempts ... we've just been more clinical.  We will need at least a third to win this.

halfstats.thumb.JPG.38da927134a5016409a485e8e414b438.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Said it for ages, KDH is a weak link in the midfield. 

Horribly one footed, takes so many touches and Slows attacks down. 

Him and Winks playing like right duffers today. 

Wouldn't say the weak link, more he's trying to play as something he isn't. 

Trying to do the spectacular, trying to be the star. Simply just needs to do his role 

• Like 2

Don't feel like we have any control. Blackburn are making it difficult with press and man marking when we have the ball. Interesting to see how Maresca combats this but going back infront means he probably won't change anything. 

Fatawu has got back well and made some crucial interceptions but he's making me nervous and feel a 2nd yellow will happen. 

Annoying from KDH in that half, looks to be playing with a bit of selfishness. 

• Like 1

Ended up being pretty boring after 15 mins once we realised they would give our cbs all the time they want.

Thought we looked fairly sloppy overall. Poor defending and a fantastic bit of work by Vardy aside, weve not made enough of the positions we've got ourselves into.

Expect Blackburn will come and press us higher 2nd half. Hopefully we come out with a bit more zip in our step.

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Said it for ages, KDH is a weak link in the midfield. 

Horribly one footed, takes so many touches and Slows attacks down. 

Him and Winks playing like right duffers today. 

I think Winks has been pretty good. Always moving, always giving options.

KDH has been poor though. He has an elite motor. He is so fast. But he keeps making poor decisions. He is bang out of form.

We will lose pace and dynamism if he is subbed but I definitely think Akun could do well with all the space on offer.

• Like 2