Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

Just now, Corky said:

Both wingers on a yellow makes it tough, I'd keep Fatawu on out of the two.

I think that's probably about right if you're taking one off, but Mav would  have had some really good opportunities to hurt Blackburn if KDH released him when he's been in acres of space on the break. So although he's been the less effective of the pair, I think that's because he's not being played in when the oportunities arise.  The only issue with eitehr wing so far is the yellows. Otherwise I'd rather Kasey or Yunus took KDH's spot.

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Don't feel like we have any control. Blackburn are making it difficult with press and man marking when we have the ball. Interesting to see how Maresca combats this but going back infront means he probably won't change anything. 

Fatawu has got back well and made some crucial interceptions but he's making me nervous and feel a 2nd yellow will happen. 

Annoying from KDH in that half, looks to be playing with a bit of selfishness. 

We have had spells of control but nothing like previous games or periods of dominance. 

Blackburn make it difficult for us because they're quicker on the ball and to the second balls. It's why our passing has to be better. 

18 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

There's nothing necessary about doing it in our own box, everything we are trying to achieve can be done in a safer position. Every team in the world that plays this way does it further up the pitch.

I understand what you’re saying, and obviously I don’t want us to make mistakes. But our start to the season proves we’re getting more right that wrong. Of course we need to get better at it and of course there may be very valid concerns which can be well stated, like your own. But the general “stop messing about and get it forwards” mentality of some posters frustrates me. You, of course, are not one of those. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah I think if we are going to transition into a new blueprint for the club, going down has probably helped us, if we had made these mistakes in the prem we would be in big trouble, every cloud!

Yeah it's obviously a terrible thing to go down, but given the rot that had set in I think the club is making the best of the opportunity to reset the culture in an easier division.

Guest Kopfkino

First 15 were so so poor goal aside, really sloppy and poor decision making. Thought we were determined to do a Southampton.

Quite a few players that just seem miles off it as well. One moment (fantastic as it was all round) is what has us ahead and it could be more if we actually put something together in transition. Some credit to Blackburn turning it into an uncomfortable basketball game but we should have punished them more for it

As for the ref, seems the bar for a Leicester decision is about twice as high as it is for Blackburn

Edited by Kopfkino

It’s this situation that is giving us issues. 

They are allowing us to have the ball on the halfway line. They are picking up Winks and Ricardo, hoping to nick it and turn us over. Then overload on the slow pace of Vestergaard. 

Fatawu and Mavididi weren’t close enough until the 30th minute-ish. 

We did change it up. 

IMG_0188.jpeg

• Like 2

Think it’s fair to say Blackburn look far more energetic than we do.

Enzo clearly wants Vesty to receive the ball and start the attack but FFS he takes forever to pass the ball, and 99% of the time chooses the short safe pass, hardly ever pings the ball into the channels or do much creative. I don’t get it.

Edited by The Guvnor

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Regarding the atmosphere.... 

Shhhhhhhhhhh

Like a game played during Covid. 

A muted "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" was my personal highlight.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

nah im sorry but players literally standing still with the ball for extended periods is not football... and entertainment is part of the game.. that is just crap

I suppose it’s personal preference. Yes I understand your very valid viewpoint and, in isolation, there are moments that can look boring, you are correct. However viewed as a whole, I find the new system a breath of fresh air. I can only speak for myself obviously but all I know is that for the first time in over a year I’m actually ENJOYING watching us play football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That's where I'm at, there is this really odd attitude on this forum atm where people just assume if you disagree with the way we play it's because you don't understand it, or this strange how dare you question Enzo attitude.
I'm perfectly happy with the tactical approach, perfectly happy with what we are trying to achieve, I absolutely detest the way in which we are trying to do it, and where on the pitch we are trying to do it. Of all of the best teams in the world that adopt this style of having full backs that shift into midfield, and defenders that pass it around to pull the opponent into pressing to create space, not a single one of them do it in their own box as much as us.

There is nothing necessary about this suicide brand of football, all of this can be done further outside of our own box. It's not resulting in tangible statistic that shows it works better than the teams we are aspiring to play similar to. All we are doing is gifting unnecessary chances to the opposition whilst not really producing more for ourselves.

Agreed.

If you don't genuflect to tactical decisions and call it 'the process' then you didn't go to football university and can't criticise. 

People like to think that  they are clever saying 'it pulls attackers out of position' which to an extent I understand. However their attackers have been placed on the defenders and Mads. We're not pulling them out of position. That IS their position and we're giving them the ball. The in fact we're engaging the effectiveness of their tactics. It's needless and we really need to change it.

We're winning which masks a lot but we're doing the same things as Rodgers but different. Doing something that is actively dangerous and, in the Premier League, will 100% cost us games. We're winning though so suggesting this is dangerously subversive thinking.

• Like 1

Blackburn are playing pretty well, and probably our toughest opponents yet in the league. Their pressing really hurts us, so we just have to keep finding ways to play through it.

Getting a third early in the second half is key.

• Like 3

Just now, CloudFox said:

Blackburn are playing pretty well, and probably our toughest opponents yet in the league. Their pressing really hurts us, so we just have to keep finding ways to play through it.

Getting a third early in the second half is key.

Fully agree with this. 

These are by far the best team we’ve played so far. 

• Like 1