Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

1 minute ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Why does our keeper always do that ?

Gives the ball to a defender & puts him under pressure, handing the opposition an opportunity / today giving them a goal 

It's the process don't you know?

Any tactical error is just the process. That way nobody can argue otherwise.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We have had spells of control but nothing like previous games or periods of dominance. 

Blackburn make it difficult for us because they're quicker on the ball and to the second balls. It's why our passing has to be better. 

There was an odd tempo from us where when we took the lead we looked very casual and lackadaisical but once it was 1-1 we started playing like we were a goal down in a cup tie and about to go out, but not in the good way, hurried, with a lack of composure. Since the Vardy goal we've looked a lot more on it and I think we've looked the more likely to score next.

1 minute ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Why does our keeper always do that ?

Gives the ball to a defender & puts him under pressure, handing the opposition an opportunity / today giving them a goal 

Mads is quality. Its a risk reward thing and we were sloppy. Currently has created more chances than we have conceded.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Think it’s fair to say Blackburn look far more energetic than we do.

Enzo clearly wants Vesty to receive the ball and start the attack but FFS he takes forever to pass the ball, and 99% of the time chooses the short safe pass, hardly ever pings the ball into the channels or do much creative. I don’t get it.

Waiting for them to press him and then play around it

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

It's the process don't you know?

Any tactical error is just the process. That way nobody can argue otherwise.

No, you can still make mistakes following the process, just that in this case those mistakes lead to an immediate attack. 

I remember we did this to Villa when we beat them 1-4 last season. KDH was all over their playing out the back. Did Emery stick to his plan, or resort to Dycheball? 

If we sort the passing out then there'll be lots of opportunities should we beat the press. At times our passing wasn't up to beating it though and we've got into bother. Not over by a long shot and the yellow cards is a worry.

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Waiting for them to press him and then play around it

They've clearly picked up on it and are looking to exploit it. It'll be interesting to see how we reshape or change our build up second half.

Good test for Enzo's tactical nous, this one.

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

I suppose it’s personal preference. Yes I understand your very valid viewpoint and, in isolation, there are moments that can look boring, you are correct. However viewed as a whole, I find the new system a breath of fresh air. I can only speak for myself obviously but all I know is that for the first time in over a year I’m actually ENJOYING watching us play football. 

In the main i agree with you and ive loved most og this season so far, fast and creative... but we have been completely worked out in this match and just standing on the ball is just crap.

While we are infront theyll be allowed to do it... what would we do if we were  down by a goal?... we wouldnt be standing around and nor should we when we are drawing or leading by 1 in the first half... the game is not just about results

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Started the Bristol game.

He's just rotating with Preston coming up, he'll probably do the same with Mavididi at some point.

My sentiments were right…..Fox hub bamboozled me..

And agree..

I reckon we will see the front 6 especially go through a few phases of rotation.

Just at present who fills that Vardy position…Mcateer..??

Mads just played Winks a bad ball. It should have been onto his other foot. 

Winks should maybe have been stronger as well watching it back. 

It’ll happen and we potentially need to upgrade on KDH long term, so we’re not so one dimensional from that opposition press.

• Like 2

This has been the sloppiest i have seen us, but that is largely down to Blackburns approach which is stifling out Winks and Ricardo, and forcing the back 3 into errors. Ndidi and KDH have struggled, although Ndidi played a lovely ball for Vardy's brilliant goal.

Impressed with Fatuwu, but he's a red card waiting to happen.

Interesting to see if Blackburn can keep this up. I think they struggled in the last 15 minutes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I understand what you’re saying, and obviously I don’t want us to make mistakes. But our start to the season proves we’re getting more right that wrong. Of course we need to get better at it and of course there may be very valid concerns which can be well stated, like your own. But the general “stop messing about and get it forwards” mentality of some posters frustrates me. You, of course, are not one of those. 

Yes. Exactly. You put it perfectly.

We got flustered. Blackburn executed their press very well. It happens. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Blackburn have been very impressive so far, don’t understand why they’re so far down the league tbh

Well I guess it’s because it’s against Leicester City where every game against us will be seen as a cup final and a free hit