Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

No, you can still make mistakes following the process, just that in this case those mistakes lead to an immediate attack. 

I remember we did this to Villa when we beat them 1-4 last season. KDH was all over their playing out the back. Did Emery stick to his plan, or resort to Dycheball? 

'The Process' and 'ManagerNameBall' in one post. You must be doing your football PhD.

In as simple terms as I can - 'the process' isn't an excuse, it's a deflection. The tactics can be criticised. It isn't healthy to ignore problems. Teams putting players onto our keeper and us NOT changing that tactic is a problem. 

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's the process don't you know?

Any tactical error is just the process. That way nobody can argue otherwise.

One can quite easily believe in the process yet call out individual errors. The two are not mutually exclusive and I don’t think anyone has ever said that people can’t complain. There’s a very big and very real difference between countering someone’s argument and silencing it.

Also, an overall successful system can still be successful whilst containing flaws. In fact, its impossible not to have flaws. It it wasn’t we’d win every game and never concede. The goal we let in today was stupid, especially when viewed in isolation and we need to try and not do it again but overall the system is demonstrably working. Now and then this season the keeper and defenders are gonna look proper simple but I’m happy with a 4% Frank Sinclair ratio if overall it brings us success. So far it’s almost impossible to argue it hasn’t been successful given that this is, statistically, the best start we have had to any season in our entire history as a football club. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1