Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Match Thread

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Agreed.

If you don't genuflect to tactical decisions and call it 'the process' then you didn't go to football university and can't criticise. 

People like to think that  they are clever saying 'it pulls attackers out of position' which to an extent I understand. However their attackers have been placed on the defenders and Mads. We're not pulling them out of position. That IS their position and we're giving them the ball. The in fact we're engaging the effectiveness of their tactics. It's needless and we really need to change it.

We're winning which masks a lot but we're doing the same things as Rodgers but different. Doing something that is actively dangerous and, in the Premier League, will 100% cost us games. We're winning though so suggesting this is dangerously subversive thinking.

I think the scoreline does mask over the cracks and gives people a massive barrier to sit behind. 
This isn’t the premier league, but if this is how Enzo wants to play in the premier league should we get promoted, we are in massive trouble. 

On the other hand if this is all part of the plan and the only reason we are doing this in our own box is purely because of the way championship teams play (I don’t really buy that) then I could accept it more. 

But the main problem I have is the vast majority of people defending this style of play, most of them can’t give me any data, statistic or example of where it’s actually benefitted is compared to doing it slightly further up the pitch in a safer position on the pitch. I’ve not seen a single example where playing 10 passes in our own box has led to a goal or a chance created that could not have been created doing it 25 yards infront of goal. So to me it seems unnecessary. 

The only defence of doing this that I’ve seen so far is “it’s part of the process” “risk and reward” or just “we are winning though” or other equally vague defences. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think the scoreline does mask over the cracks and gives people a massive barrier to sit behind. 
This isn’t the premier league, but if this is how Enzo wants to play in the premier league should we get promoted, we are in massive trouble. 

On the other hand if this is all part of the plan and the only reason we are doing this in our own box is purely because of the way championship teams play (I don’t really buy that) then I could accept it more. 

But the main problem I have is the vast majority of people defending this style of play, most of them can’t give me any data, statistic or example of where it’s actually benefitted is compared to doing it slightly further up the pitch in a safer position on the pitch. I’ve not seen a single example where playing 10 passes in our own box has led to a goal or a chance created that could not have been created doing it 25 yards infront of goal. So to me it seems unnecessary. 

The only defence of doing this that I’ve seen so far is “it’s part of the process” “risk and reward” or just “we are winning though” or other equally vague defences. 

The process works. We’ll massively need to upgrade the parts in the machine though.