Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Blackburn 1-4 Foxes - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I do find it funny when opposition managers come out with the score line didn’t reflect how well their team played. Jdt today and Martin after the Southampton game. Fvck knows what nonsense they’ll come out with when we start playing at our best. 

"Looking back, actually, can I just say that we were very happy to only lose 1-4. Having seen other teams having had their arses handed to them in a spectacular way, we're retrospectively delighted and now realise the errors of my previous statements. Sorry to all Leicester City FC fans. Truly. Please don't hurt us tomorrow."

- Jon Dahl Tomasson, 3 May 2024

55 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I assume it’s a process because our defenders/keeper are still coming to terms with what our manager wants. 

Constantly playing from the back obviously comes with certain risks and we will concede silly goals what ever division we are in.

But the manager has calculated the benefits outweigh the costs (keeps possession, pulls opposition players out of position, can tire the opposition, can be used against counter attacks……)

Against Blackburn I thought in the 1st half we got duped into adopting their gung ho attitude. We were much better when we passed it around in a slower more composed way. 

moreover, I don’t think we actually have the players to play any differently now. Rightly or wrongly, the club had fully supported the manager and his footballing philosophy. 

This. Under Rodgers we tried something similar but then rarely got the ball forward from our defence and we seemed to lack the confidence to play out from the back and then just played it repeatedly sideways and back. At least now, despite Mads error, we seem to be getting to grips with this style and as you say, it draws the opposition front line onto us, leaving space behind and in midfield.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Enough Reddit for today :nigel:

Screenshot_20231001-192444~2.png

Damn if making a single error is dropped and banished to the phantom zone then what punishment for Ward (who's competition winner style of play is why we're in this division) and Iversen (who chucked in a couple at Fulham).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coalman said:

Is it just me or ( and I know we're doing exceptionally well and I shouldn't really be being critical as results go our way ) are we playing with fire with this, in my opinion, idiotic 'passing out from the back' system?  Todays giveaway goal was an example of it.  And why we have a fullback passing our goal-kicks to the goalie to then kick  the ball downfield is totally bewildering to me. Why 'risk' an extra pass when the ball is going long anyway?  Please help me and give my brain a reason!

Don’t worry..everybody is in the same boat,but won’t admit it…

Silence is golden…because most FTers are posting trying to find reasons themselves…

Great innit..though

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ok performance with a great result, we can't expect to turn up and roll teams over. All this talk about winning the league by March is stupid.

Win against Preston in the week and we'll be laughing, nice to have a bit of a cushion to 3rd currently, will be extended if we win.

Couldn’t agree more, it’s very obvious it will be done by Christmas.

• Haha 1