Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Blackburn 1-4 Foxes - Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Yes you may be correct, but he most definitely isn’t going to be losing his place in the side to Coady after how he’s been playing. 

Personally think Vesty is integral to how Enzo wants the team to play, coming from the centre back, who is used to control the tempo and also has that killer pass (which we expected when he signed). The fact he can't run is not a problem when you are not very often chasing the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Enough Reddit for today :nigel:

Screenshot_20231001-192444~2.png

lol bloody hell. This is where I'll concede criticism has gone too far.

It was absolutely shit and I'm not having anybody pretend it wasn't but you can already see the benefit of having him in the side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

lol bloody hell. This is where I'll concede criticism has gone too far.

It was absolutely shit and I'm not having anybody pretend it wasn't but you can already see the benefit of having him in the side.

Without even mention that crucial save he makes at 2-1….

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's an over-reaction.

Pathetic. He is an unreal goalkeeper….. is it is fault, or was it the team not doing their jobs? As some of us said Winks had an iffy game today.

Mads is absolutely quality, his shot stopping it ridiculously good, like any goalkeeper who likes to play he will make mistakes, but it’s a team game.

I think he will go on to become one of the best keepers in the world. Lad pisses gold on my opinion. Absolute fanboy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Pathetic. He is an unreal goalkeeper….. is it is fault, or was it the team not doing their jobs? As some of us said Winks had an iffy game today.

Mads is absolutely quality, his shot stopping it ridiculously good, like any goalkeeper who likes to play he will make mistakes, but it’s a team game.

I think he will go on to become one of the best keepers in the world. Lad pisses gold on my opinion. Absolute fanboy. 

Agreed, think he may well go on to be the best signing we made this summer.

For this incident looked like Winks offered himself but the Blackburn player was on him immediately. Neither Winks or Made seemed to recognise that the ball was just not on at all, both Faes and Vestergaard were available wide. Don't think it will be the last one we get this season and thought we adapted after this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

ItS tHe PrOcEsS

How is ****ing about with the ball as the attackers pressure is part of a big system that nobody can see?

Possession at the back is intended to draw teams out of their position to take advantage. Today the attackers were positioned on our defenders back knowing that we would play that way. It nearly cost us. What picture does that fit into?

Fans are utterly entitled, even if are winning, to point out that a slavish dedication to playing one way and one way only led us to ruin very recently.

...a learning curve for Maresca!!!

There are questions being asked and he has to find solutions and he gains that insight from the problems he encounters. Passing around at the back as we do is reliant on our players making decisions and they are not always going to make the right ones. Conceding a goal due to a misplaced pass on our own doorstep is something that you would deem to be a risk too far, and before Maresca came, we were in no way at this level in retaining possession as a fundamental part of our play.

There will always be the extra pass that is not warranted and a poor touch that allows the individual to be closed down, but it is the system our manager has put in place, we just need to make better decisions whilst in possession, if it needs to be sent long, then do so, as long as the pass has a purpose.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

How is ****ing about with the ball as the attackers pressure is part of a big system

I'd imagine that in percentage terms you're better off playing out than you are competing for second balls.

Yes it relies on good decisions and quick passes under pressure, and if you **** those up you concede dangerous chances - learning that style of play *is* the process. It's hours in rondos and receiving/retaining the ball under pressure, and getting players comfortable doing that is a process that will reduce the percentage of errors further.

Playing it long from the keeper has more variables - accuracy, movement of players with the ball in the air, a chance of not being first to the ball, a chance of losing the second ball. 

With a set shape and less ball-travelling distance you control those variables and have a higher chance of springing the press. Throw in a well-drilled second phase of fast ball progression and you're going to keep the ball more often than not.

Meanwhile your opponent is chasing shadows until they're knackered by 75 minutes and start getting sloppy.

5 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Against Blackburn I thought in the 1st half we got duped into adopting their gung ho attitude. We were much better when we passed it around in a slower more composed way. 

...it was like the Liverpool game, relentless pressure and we had no answer on how to slow the game down or take the sting out of the game!!!

I was looking for Winks to be more involved, where his control on the ball could get us out of trouble and allow us to counter, and force them to sit a bit deeper to take the pressure off us.  For a team that passes the ball so well, it seemed we had no control when we gained possession and defensively we were just clearing our lines anyhow, as opposed to someone transitioning the play themself, we lost composure in these periods.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

So do I, thought I was just dehydrated. 

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Satisfying win in difficult circumstances. 

Not the best performance in the slightest but fitness and game management wins :appl:

Vestergaard and Ndidi the best of the bunch. 

4 point gap over 4th already... 

Throughout the whole season we keep saying “not the best performance”. Maybe this is our level at this time?

Too good for the Championship but we are not exactly going to walk over the Premier League next season, if we get promoted.

By the way, I don’t like seeing how other clubs fans complain about our finances.

Look at Leeds and Southampton.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

KDH’s engine is unbelievable, he’ll score another 5 or so late on in games because he can just blitz past opposition midfield and defensive lines 

Different topic, but why does Enzo choose Hamza instead of KDH as captain? He emphasised Hamza coming from the academy but so is KDH?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not really close to our best and we've beaten a side who'll probably finish in midtable 1-4 away from home.

I'm not saying it to be disrespectful but we are absolutely miles better than this league. It just emphasises everything we said about the mismanagement last season.

There'll be the odd bump in the road but I'm quite confident we hit 100 points. You feel like we still have levels to go up.

Absolutely. We are miles better than this league, even after losing Maddison (who is absolutely killing it with Tottenham at the moment and he is going to become even better - a steal by the way for only £40m considering all the duds others have paid more for), Barnes (who had a great start at Newcastle before his injury), Castagne (in Serie A), Soyuncu (top class and an absolute travesty he was out of the team last year under Rodgers; one I think Enzo would particularly like given his ball control), Tielemans (but yes he had a horrible season last year and should have been moved on last summer), Thomas (back in Premier League), Perez (in La liga), Evans (back in Man U side which does to show he is still very well regarded), etc.

Even Maddison alone - any team with him should not have been relegated. While relegation strangely may be giving us the kick we need to refresh, the biggest regret for me is losing Maddison. Even when we go back up next season, we will find it hard to find someone like him. Winks is a different player but Maddison is really another level.

Barnes is also coming good too under Howe. Imagine what Enzo can do with him.

Edited by Tom12345

I love the style of play but we are “overplaying” at times and need to be more wary of threats. 

The pass to Winks just wasn’t on and Faes or Justin would’ve been much better options. 

But we’re nine league games in and we will make mistakes. You’d like to think down the line there will be fewer. 

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I love the style of play but we are “overplaying” at times and need to be more wary of threats. 

The pass to Winks just wasn’t on and Faes or Justin would’ve been much better options. 

But we’re nine league games in and we will make mistakes. You’d like to think down the line there will be fewer. 

Yeh.  I don’t mind the way we’re playing but the point about that goal was that we’d literally just been warned 2 minutes before.  I understand what we’re trying to do and I’ve stopped getting nervous by it, but when you’ve very almost conceded a goal from it at least give yourself 5 minutes to settle back down, hoof one up the field or out wide.  

Either way this will happen the way we’re playing.  City conceded a lot of goals in the first few years from this and Stones almost had his career ruined by it.  It will take time and conditioning, but we really can’t complain looking at the table and at least you can see the purpose behind the play unlike Rogers ball side to side.

• Like 1