Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Blackburn 1-4 Foxes - Post Match Thread

That was the sort of win that wins you Championships. Although entertaining, In the first half I thought we we’re duped into matching Blackburn’s ‘youthful enthusiasm’. Much more composed and patient in the second half. 

At the beginning of the season I was critical of Wilf and couldn’t see he remained in the starting 11 (especially after his performance against Hull). But he’s been outstanding in the last 4 games. 

I watch this team and think to myself “if only”. Rodgers/Ward and a general malaise across the club cost us our Premiership status. If we survived in the Premiership, we would of had a golden opportunity to rebuild and progress. Especially when you consider 2 of the three relegation spots are already possibly decided (Luton/Sheffield United). 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1

Great win but can’t help thinking that if we want to play this style we need to get much better at it or we’re going to get found out soon. For what seemed like quite large sections of the match their press looked much more effective than ours.

Still all’s well that ends well, and this ended very well indeed.

Edit: Great pity about McAteer. Hope he’s ok.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I am worried for the state of English football. All the promoted teams looking like they are going to be relegated from the premier league and the championship just seems to be rubbish. 

None of the opposition players have stood out in any games we have played apart from maybe Gustavo Hamer who went to the premier league in the end anyway.

Tbf last season was a bit of an anomaly with two sides that had no right on paper to get promoted and a side that had no right on paper to go down going down

Shithoused a 4-1 win!!

Seriously, we were too good today against a Blackburn who looked threatening after 1-1 but otherwise crap.

Mcateer injury hit me like a defeat.

We have cover but it seems the only way to stop a young lad in good form is injury and reminds me of how Justin was interrupted like that.

Fùck you God:@

14 minutes ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

What on earth has happend to Vestergaard? Absolutely bossed it again today! 

Great result from the team, even if it was an ugly performance.

All aboard.

I think he's found a better level of fitness compared to last season.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Good job we turned it round from it going 1-1 else I’d have been complaining about us stupidly gifting their goal but we duly did turn it round.

Don’t think Enzo seemed very happy with the performance and it wasn’t that good but the score line says different. Very impressive score line! Looked quite comfortable and easy!

...we had the counterattacks and were butchering them as usual, this game should have had us in the ascendency early on!!!

Like the Coventry game, KDH came to life late in the second half and was influential in breaking forward with threats on goal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Fantastic to see a man like Enzo doing so well. A true professional. Organised team. Hopefully some of the professionalism of Enzo runs off on Top, Rudkin and co and we will be flying.

Trouble is tho he’s doing so well with us that those EPL sharks will be circling round Enzo come January if he’s got us quite a few points above the 4 below us,just hoping we have enough clout to keep hold of this Italian stallion of a manager who has reorganised this team into a Promotion chasing squad of quality players !!

#HIDEENZO 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Not sure if the standard of the Championship is woeful or if we just have no business being in the league. Probably a bit of both but honestly we are beating teams without getting out of 2nd gear and it’s not a great look for the EFL. Even against Hull they were lucky to not concede and we should have at least came away with a draw. 

We have no business Being in this league but we are due to Brenda’s incompetence.

I think the difference between us and teams like Blackburn and Norwich is depth. 

Teams in this division have good players. Some have a good defence or attack, but few are good all over the pitch. 

We’re fairly solid right through the team, which means that we can absorb other teams good spells. We also have players on the bench who’d start for most sides at Championship level. 

The biggest threat to our success this season is injuries. First Doyle and now McAteer. Losing a few of our better players would be a great leveller for other teams. I’m just hoping that we have a bit of luck this season. We’re overdue after two or three seasons of a horrendous injury list. :fc:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Said this when we beat Coventry, this league is just terrible. The gulf between 17th in the Prem and Championship is massive. Didn’t think we were great today, some players wasteful but still won 4-1! 

And 18th, but not so much 19th and 20th (2022-23)