Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Blackburn 1-4 Foxes - Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Trouble is tho he’s doing so well with us that those EPL sharks will be circling round Enzo come January if he’s got us quite a few points above the 4 below us,just hoping we have enough clout to keep hold of this Italian stallion of a manager who has reorganised this team into a Promotion chasing squad of quality players !!

#HIDEENZO 

I believe he turned down Southampton, with that and not lasting long in previous management position, I reckon he has a lot of trust in the club and maybe even belief that a club he has been hands on with for a season in the championship is a better deal in the premier league than jumping to another club…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Trouble is tho he’s doing so well with us that those EPL sharks will be circling round Enzo come January if he’s got us quite a few points above the 4 below us,just hoping we have enough clout to keep hold of this Italian stallion of a manager who has reorganised this team into a Promotion chasing squad of quality players !!

#HIDEENZO 

People said the same about Kompany last year. 

I'd like to think that he'll want to see his project through. 

11 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

#HIDEENZO 

I cant imagine any of the top 8 would be chasing him, and (assuming we continue) cant see him wanting to leave a club on the rise.

Guest Sideshow Faes

But if a weird game. For large parts I thought Blackburn played some fantastic football, their players looked so comfortable twisting and turning on the ball, but they didn't really create a killer chance. We were just tough to break down and they couldn't defend our breakaways. Great win.

8 minutes ago, tinpot_fox said:

And 18th, but not so much 19th and 20th (2022-23)

Agree the old cliche that the championship is a hard league to get out of is continually trotted out just look at at least 2 of the teams promoted  and in 9 times out of ten at least 2 of the relegated teams are in the running for promotion  

20 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

#HIDEENZO 

That’s just not going to happen unless one of the top top clubs comes in for him. Which they won’t. 

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

#HIDEENZO 

I’ve had the same thought but I think he’s the type of bloke who won’t bail.

He seems too classy and I think he’ll want to establish himself before he takes on another project.

I hope I’m not wrong on this but if we do go up (I think we will), I even think he’ll stay on for probably one more season before he left for a ‘bigger club’.

For all of the misgivings of last season or two, whoever secured Maresca to sign for City, did a very good job.

Anyone looking hard enough knew he knows his onions right from the first few games. 
For the life of me, any team securing more points than we do this season deserve to go up!

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know where the talk of Enzo being poached is coming from. Anyone looking for a manager won't be looking for a Enzo type of manager and he isn't proven enough to be approached by anyone good. 

Oh he’s good enough! 
But I doubt he’ll leave anytime soon.

53 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I am worried for the state of English football. All the promoted teams looking like they are going to be relegated from the premier league and the championship just seems to be rubbish. 

None of the opposition players have stood out in any games we have played apart from maybe Gustavo Hamer who went to the premier league in the end anyway.

...this season is not over yet, so let us do what we have to do to get out!!!

The process of loaning players to get you out of the Championship is a big gamble, as the team that takes you up becomes dismantled and although you may bring in better players with the extra money it does not guarantee a better team dynamic.

Should we get out of this league, this season, let us hope we retain the essential players that got us back up.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this season is not over yet, so let us do what we have to do to get out!!!

The process of loaning players to get you out of the Championship is a big gamble, as the team that takes you up becomes dismantled and although you may bring in better players with the extra money it does not guarantee a better team dynamic.

Should we get out of this league, this season, let us hope we retain the essential players that got us back up.

I reckon we will stay up easily but its English football as whole I am worried about.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve had the same thought but I think he’s the type of bloke who won’t bail.

He seems too classy and I think he’ll want to establish himself before he takes on another project.

I hope I’m not wrong on this but if we do go up (I think we will), I even think he’ll stay on for probably one more season before he left for a ‘bigger club’.

For all of the misgivings of last season or two, whoever secured Maresca to sign for City, did a very good job.

Anyone looking hard enough knew he knows his onions right from the first few games. 
For the life of me, any team securing more points than we do this season deserve to go up!

He would benefit from staying another year as there would be a lot of goodwill here and lower expectations, so would be given far more leniency.

2 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Is it just me or ( and I know we're doing exceptionally well and I shouldn't really be being critical as results go our way ) are we playing with fire with this, in my opinion, idiotic 'passing out from the back' system?  Todays giveaway goal was an example of it.  And why we have a fullback passing our goal-kicks to the goalie to then kick  the ball downfield is totally bewildering to me. Why 'risk' an extra pass when the ball is going long anyway?  Please help me and give my brain a reason!

We will get away with it at this level. Should we go up, we will have either needed to get significantly better at it (still best part of 40 games and another pre-season to do so) or tweak how we approach it whilst retaining the style. What we were doing today, we will get eaten alive even by the lower Premier League sides. 

In the second half, from the camera angles, it seemed a good half of Blackburn’s players were right on the edge of our area when we were restarting from our goal kicks. You couldn’t see from the angles what was happening further back but I was thinking is there not another ball on, clipped balls out to the wings for example. 

• Like 3