Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Blackburn 1-4 Foxes - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Is it just me or ( and I know we're doing exceptionally well and I shouldn't really be being critical as results go our way ) are we playing with fire with this, in my opinion, idiotic 'passing out from the back' system?  Todays giveaway goal was an example of it.  And why we have a fullback passing our goal-kicks to the goalie to then kick  the ball downfield is totally bewildering to me. Why 'risk' an extra pass when the ball is going long anyway?  Please help me and give my brain a reason!

Its difficult to watch at times admittedly. But when it goes right we are at our most threatening. I think even Enzo would admit that at times we need to just get rid and second half Hermansen did go long. But bringing the centre backs in mean the attacking side commit more players to the edge of our box. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Is it just me or ( and I know we're doing exceptionally well and I shouldn't really be being critical as results go our way ) are we playing with fire with this, in my opinion, idiotic 'passing out from the back' system?  Todays giveaway goal was an example of it.  And why we have a fullback passing our goal-kicks to the goalie to then kick  the ball downfield is totally bewildering to me. Why 'risk' an extra pass when the ball is going long anyway?  Please help me and give my brain a reason!

I think i'm fairly qualified to answer this seeing as it's a pet hate of mine.

I'll say no, it's not a problem, at this level, We do it, but in fits and starts, not exclusively, as we have done for the past 2 years+, it's all about time and place, that's fine by me.

Don't get me wrong, if we'd not won today i'd have been lambasting it but we did and we didn't do too much of it afterwards, neither have I seen that much of it so far this season at all.

This is where I do get where it's claimed some of our fans are shouting "Forwards!" come from, i've not heard it, besides if people didn't have a problem/haven't been shouting that for the past 2 years+ then I don't know what they've been watching/why they have a problem now, it's nothing of the like, we are going forwards!

I understand and agree with why we're doing it at this level, what I am concerned about is if we go up and continue it, we're not a top team (in the next level) and haven't been a top team, teams have not and will not come to us and sit in/behind, there is no reason, rhyme or logic to do it, all it does is invite pressure on ourselves as inferior opposition, as shown last Wednesday, it was a matter of time until we conceded, it's footballing suicide at a higher level.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Doesn't matter if you concede goals (actually, we have the best defensive record in the league) when you score more than the opposition.

I fail to see what's idiotic about passing out from the back. The vast majority of successful teams do that (though maybe less so as you go down the leagues).

Goodness knows the times we've all complained about our distribution from the back in past seasons.

7 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Think we started going longer because the press was catching us out. And presume the extra pass invites that press which means the pitch is more open should we go long.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coalman said:

ItS tHe 'PrOcEsS'

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

I am worried for the state of English football. All the promoted teams looking like they are going to be relegated from the premier league and the championship just seems to be rubbish. 

None of the opposition players have stood out in any games we have played apart from maybe Gustavo Hamer who went to the premier league in the end anyway.

No-one was saying this when all the promoted team stayed up last year.

Worth noting that Burnley are fairly unique too, the likes of Norwich, West Brom, Hudds, Cardiff etc didn't bounce back. At this stage Leeds and Saints are by no means certain to be in the shake up either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coalman said:

I disagree and don’t think we’re playing with fire at this level, where the opposition are poor. Yes todays goal was directly attributable to the method of play, but you’re forgetting how many goals playing this way has, and will continue to, create for us. I love it but if we try and do it for 90 mins next l season in the prem we’ll be battered 

• Like 1

Just now, iancognito said:

No-one was saying this when all the promoted team stayed up last year.

Worth noting that Burnley are fairly unique too, the likes of Norwich, West Brom, Hudds, Cardiff etc didn't bounce back. At this stage Leeds and Saints are by no means certain to be in the shake up either.

Last year they did well sure but this year the Championship just has no one that looks Premier league level. Its all just sludge. No players have really stood out when we have played them. The championship is much worse than I remember it to be a decade ago.

15 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Is it just me or ( and I know we're doing exceptionally well and I shouldn't really be being critical as results go our way ) are we playing with fire with this, in my opinion, idiotic 'passing out from the back' system?  Today’s giveaway goal was an example of it.  And why we have a fullback passing our goal-kicks to the goalie to then kick  the ball downfield is totally bewildering to me. Why 'risk' an extra pass when the ball is going long anyway?  Please help me and give my brain a reason!

Done right it’s the right thing to do as it creates space further up the pitch. We need space there as a low block brings our attack threat down significantly.  Hull showed how we find it difficult to break a disciplined defensive unit down.

• Like 2

Must be somewhat unique in so far as Vardy scoring his first league goal for us at Ewood Park back in 2012 and then today there scoring his latest one, 11 years apart - wow! One can't question the GOAT's loyalty....! If we do go straight back up maybe he will go out on that high and then leave - or perhaps stay for cameo appearances in the Prem. next season....?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know where the talk of Enzo being poached is coming from. Anyone looking for a manager won't be looking for a Enzo type of manager and he isn't proven enough to be approached by anyone good. 

Bang on, like I have my concerns how well he’d do in the prem, it won’t be until we have a good season there that it’ll be a concern. It could be a bit like kompany where he was kinda touted with clubs ****ed when promotion was pretty much a formality where it’s not really worth switching anyway

1 hour ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

What on earth has happend to Vestergaard? Absolutely bossed it again today! 

He's not attempting to compete in the Premier League anymore. 

Fair play to him though. 

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

Must be somewhat unique in so far as Vardy scoring his first league goal for us at Ewood Park back in 2012 and then today there scoring his latest one, 11 years apart - wow! One can't question the GOAT's loyalty....! If we do go straight back up maybe he will go out on that high and then leave - or perhaps stay for cameo appearances in the Prem. next season....?

It’s so hard ain’t it, on one hand I kinda hope he goes out after a roaring season get us back where we belong, but at same time I want him playing till he’s 50. He’s the last man standing, I’ll probably never love a player as much as him again, it’s bittersweet whatever the outcome 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Last year they did well sure but this year the Championship just has no one that looks Premier league level. Its all just sludge. No players have really stood out when we have played them. The championship is much worse than I remember it to be a decade ago.

Let's be honest it's always been a bunfight. There's been exceptions where the likes of us Newcastle and Reading have piled over 100pts but it gets billed as the most competitive league for a reason - all the teams are much of a muchness and no-one stands out. Boro were in the play offs last season and are down with the deadmen this year.

Just now, Craig said:

The football that has taken us clear at the top of the league (dropping points in just one match) is "idiotic"? lol 

We weren't at our best today, but that football saw us win comfortably in the end.

Insane isn’t it. Genuinely beggars belief 

• Like 1