Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Blackburn 1-4 Foxes - Post Match Thread

Just now, ARM1968 said:

I said they need to learn when and when not. Stop being pedantic. The passing under pressure has happened in a number of games. Close control and slick passing then opens up the opposition. Sometimes it isn’t wise. THAT is a learning process. 

Anyway, you’d have to say it’s going ok. 

Nobody ever says 'it's a learning process' and everyone says it's 'the process'. I want to know what that actually means?

These aren't learning a new game. Not ****ing about with the ball in the box is not a new idea and is fairly ingrained at all levels of football. Why is suddenly part of a nebulous process.

Yeah - it is going okay. But I can also see issues that are not being addressed. Parallel to when we were fourth in the premier league and going okay and there were issues that were being unaddressed. In that instance it was just part of Rodgers system. Now it's Maresca's process. 

6 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I felt like us going long was as much a response to Blackburn putting pressure on Winks and Ricardo in the centre and going narrow. Particularly for periods in the second half they seemed to up the pressing of our defenders while closing off the pass into midfield. Even if it did make it's way through they were good at getting a leg in and nicking it off us. As a result we went long a lot more. Haven't seen the stats (and could well be wrong!) but felt like Winks was less of a dominating force as a result.

It definitely felt like Winks had less impact today 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Look at Villa and Brighton. Its taken time and there have been bumps along the way (including us exploiting it against Villa early in Emry's tenure). 

If promoted, it's going to take a difficult season and additional rebuilds before we can make it comfortably work. The big question will be if we end up where Burnley are and if we can cope with that wobble. 

Yeah I’m not dismissing that either, I have reservations in terms of his pragmatism because he can get away with a lot at this level especially based on the talent he’s working with we also don’t have a lot to go off based on his cv.Look, a lot of these concepts arent exactly miles away what from Brendan implemented when we were effective and subsequently ineffective. But again at end of the day why are we even get hung up on it, we’ve had two dire seasons and this is almost a bit of a holiday season, enjoy the away days for people who go and let’s smash the league. Like this is what I don’t get man, why can’t people just enjoy the game anymore it’s all doom and gloom on the back of a ****ing 4-1 win like lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Trouble is tho he’s doing so well with us that those EPL sharks will be circling round Enzo come January if he’s got us quite a few points above the 4 below us,just hoping we have enough clout to keep hold of this Italian stallion of a manager who has reorganised this team into a Promotion chasing squad of quality players !!

#HIDEENZO 

I think we have nothing to worry about this season. He is a manager with a distinct style of football that wants to be given time to build something. He won't want to take on a relegation threatened team with no pre-season, especially if we look set for promotion. 

Guest Kopfkino
5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

What's the process then? Everyone mentions it. What is it?

Is it like Brendan's system that everyone referenced but couldn't adequately explain.

Just outline why it's essential that our keeper must pass to the defenders even if they're under pressure and we don't deviate to that all how, what the process actually is, and how the two meet?

Perhaps then I'll understand why my saying 'that needs to change' is dangerous.

It’s Maresca’s game idea. All coaches have different ways to look at the game and ways they believe is best to play it. If you’re gonna whinge about fans not giving you enough meat on the bone about the process at least have the decency construct an argument about 

So then once you accept it’s his game idea, you can see how keep doing it is part of a process. The players don’t get better at it if they stop doing it as soon as there’s some difficulty. The goal today comes from initially Hermansen’s poor pass into Winks which creates an opportunity they waste, an execution problem and Winks has a go at him.The second comes because Hermansen making the wrong decision (interestingly playing the pass more how winks wanted the first one). Maresca doesn’t want him to play that there and we’ve seen this season in those situations us go long usually to a wide player drifting inside (unless you see a better camera it’s impossible to see what these options were). Hermansen by keep doing it should get better at it, certainly better than if he doesn’t do it. Players are going to cock up sometimes, opposition teams are gonna nail their press sometimes. It’s always interesting to me that you don’t hear a sniff when teams concede after they’ve given the ball up by pumping it long - Faes second OG at Anfield last year being an example.

It’s a risk and not always one you’ll get right but the reward is clear because get it right and you have a transition situation where you can advance upfield quickly with the first line of defence breached.

And the players are clearly capable of doing it at this level. It’s not like he’s asking Iversen to do it nor is he Sousa asking Jack Hobbs and Michael Morrison to do. Completely pointless worrying about whether we’d be punished if we’re a league higher when we’re not and the squad would need significant additions anyway.

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

Maresca will continue to play out from the back and he absolutely should. 

There is calculated risk and then there is just brain fart beyond stupid. It’s about minimising the latter, and to do that the coaches need to point out what’s acceptable to them and what’s not. I can’t imagine they were happy with the goal today, no matter what they say to the press. That was a silly risk. 

• Like 4

Let’s be honest we all hate watching us knock it about the back because we all have PTSD from rodgersball. 

This is different. Yea, we have hearts in mouth moments but it has a point. We draw them in to create space in behind. It’s called beating the press.

it’s not going anywhere and we’ve won 8 out of 9 so there is zero point moaning because it’s working. We all know we struggle a lot more when they have 11 men behind the ball in a narrow formation so let’s just embrace it. It’s not Rodgers style, thus has purpose and as much as it scares me I’m enjoying the football we play again which is a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 3

Remember when we won the championship back with Nige. We accumulated a very high amount of penalties. Despite what opposition nimrods said, it was because with pace, we penetrated the box a ridiculous amount of time being quite ahead in our thinking then most if not all of our opponents. It was the basic mark of a good team. 

For very different reason we seem to be doing the same so far this season. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Remember when we won the championship back with Nige. We accumulated a very high amount of penalties. Despite what opposition nimrods said, it was because with pace, we penetrated the box a ridiculous amount of time being quite ahead in our thinking then most if not all of our opponents. It was the basic mark of a good team. 

For very different reason we seem to be doing the same so far this season. 

Is there a better recipe for winning penalties than what we had that season:

Vardy

Dyer

Mahrez

Knockaert

lol

All experts in that particular craft!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ok performance with a great result, we can't expect to turn up and roll teams over. All this talk about winning the league by March is stupid.

Win against Preston in the week and we'll be laughing, nice to have a bit of a cushion to 3rd currently, will be extended if we win.

It’s ridiculous, I’ll be fuming if it’s not done by Feb at the latest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Not really sure what you're on about. We saw it wasn't working and changed it by going longer more than in any other game this season. 

And all that's meant by 'process' is getting used to taking the ball under pressure and knowing when and who to put somebody under that pressure.

Chill out. 

I could even hear Enzo telling hermandsen to send it long on at least two occasions 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I think i'm fairly qualified to answer this seeing as it's a pet hate of mine.

I'll say no, it's not a problem, at this level, We do it, but in fits and starts, not exclusively, as we have done for the past 2 years+, it's all about time and place, that's fine by me.

Don't get me wrong, if we'd not won today i'd have been lambasting it but we did and we didn't do too much of it afterwards, neither have I seen that much of it so far this season at all.

This is where I do get where it's claimed some of our fans are shouting "Forwards!" come from, i've not heard it, besides if people didn't have a problem/haven't been shouting that for the past 2 years+ then I don't know what they've been watching/why they have a problem now, it's nothing of the like, we are going forwards!

I understand and agree with why we're doing it at this level, what I am concerned about is if we go up and continue it, we're not a top team (in the next level) and haven't been a top team, teams have not and will not come to us and sit in/behind, there is no reason, rhyme or logic to do it, all it does is invite pressure on ourselves as inferior opposition, as shown last Wednesday, it was a matter of time until we conceded, it's footballing suicide at a higher level.

...the style does work, it is only the quality of the players and a tweak of the system that is required!!!

I think we really missed Doyle today as a left-footer who could have fed Mavididi with an out ball. We are going to be missing opportunities without a natural left-footed defender.

• Thanks 1