Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

The danger is, this goes like the Hull game and we get caught. 

They’ve ridden their luck a bit (more-so than us I’d say)

The difference is that Hull had some kind of goal threat. A lot of Preston's games have an XG of less than 0.5 for North End. They are most definitely a safety first team.

If we can keep it tidy at the back and not throw them a goal, I'll back us to break through and score.

Fatawu looked good today, Mavididi is consistently dangerous, Yunus looks promising - even without MacAteer I think we'll have enough.

Another late goal, 2-0 

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Toughest game of the season so far 

Not sure. Preston are a bit of an enigma so far. They had some of the easier fixtures to start the season with, but you still have to deliver. Last 2 results not great for them and they were walloped yesterday. I personally think they are going to park the bus and this will be a little bit like the Hull game. It won't be the toughest game in my opinion - its going to feel like one of those annoying games where we need to break them down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not sure. Preston are a bit of an enigma so far. They had some of the easier fixtures to start the season with, but you still have to deliver. Last 2 results not great for them and they were walloped yesterday. I personally think they are going to park the bus and this will be a little bit like the Hull game. It won't be the toughest game in my opinion - its going to feel like one of those annoying games where we need to break them down.

A repeat of the Bristol City game I think..

We'll have a huge amount of possession and lots of shots, just need to convert 1 or 2...

Which we will.

6 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Preston are a far stronger side then Stoke so resting that many key players would be crazy

Don’t think that’ll bother Enzo as he proved against Norwich.

I’d expect to see a few changes in all of the midweek games. We’ve got good squad depth and Enzo isn’t afraid to use it.

I think Coady, Hamza, Akgun and Kel all come in at a minimum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Preston may react after that poor performance against wba. But last fixture they needed next was a trip to a red hot leicester. 🥵 think a 2-0 win is coming

Hope their confidence level has been floored!!  Early goal and it could be a real hammering.

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Is it?

I would suggest Norwich were the toughest test. 

Allied to which they've hit the wall (already), couldn't win at Rotherham (2nd bottom and only pt in the last 12) AND tanked at home by Albion.

BUT as for every slightly tough game this season, a dirty 1-0 will do for me.

And so far NOBODY in the League has scored more than 2 goals against us in the League.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maresca unlikely to start Vardy Sunday / Wednesday. I'd like to see Daka start over Kel but either ought to be a danger vs Preston.

Agree, Daka given the chance to play with Mavididi/Fatawu would be brilliant. Makes very similar runs to Vardy, so would be great to see how he does.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hermansen

Faes - Coady - Justin

Ricardo - Winks

KDH 

Fatawu - Casadei - Mavididi

Vardy

Personally think harsh to drop Wilf, if he's feeling fit and isn't in the red, I'd start him still. KDH and Casadei are too either on or off with form