Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Personally think harsh to drop Wilf, if he's feeling fit and isn't in the red, I'd start him still. KDH and Casadei are too either on or off with form 

You know what, I didn't even realise I left the great Wilf out lol

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Agree, Daka given the chance to play with Mavididi/Fatawu would be brilliant. Makes very similar runs to Vardy, so would be great to see how he does.

I'd also like to see Daka given a chance. However, given that Maresca has only used Vardy and Iheanacho in league games, and again declined the opportunity to give Daka any minutes yesterday, I'd say the chances of him playing Daka on Wednesday are fairly slim. 

Hermansen

Faes -  Coady - Justin

Hamza - Winks

Fatawu - Akgun - K D H - Mavididi

Daka

I think we're going to need a fair bit of rotation with the number of games in the Championship

As others have said, It concerns me the limited options we have to cover the Justin and Winks roles.

I fear we will run them into the ground. They both have pretty poor injury records too! Hope I'm wrong.

Save the old legs of Ricardo, Vardy and Ndidi for the weekend. Maybe give them a run out off the bench if needed.

Would be ideal to bring on Vardy for the last 15-20mins to get on the scoresheet.

For Stoke, rest Faes and Vestergaard (if Coady does well) bring in Souttar against his old club

Edited by FoxinNotts

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I'd also like to see Daka given a chance. However, given that Maresca has only used Vardy and Iheanacho in league games, and again declined the opportunity to give Daka any minutes yesterday, I'd say the chances of him playing Daka on Wednesday are fairly slim. 

No,we want to win

24 minutes ago, Andy W said:

No,we want to win

Given the transformation of Ndidi and the impressive performances from Vestergaard, I'm personally loath to write off any member of the squad based on my opinion of them before Maresca arrived. Who knows what Enzo's coaching might do for Daka? However, as I said, if Daka was genuinely close to the first team I think we'd have seen more of him from the bench, so I'm expecting Iheanacho to start on Wednesday.

Edited by ClaphamFox

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bit concerned about Ricky playing four games in ten days and JJ three in eight 

can see hamza starting at RB and Ricky playing on the left and inverting for one half and then JJ playing the second with hamza inverting 

Yeah, you'd not be surprised if either pick up an injury soon. I hope Choudhury plays the next two and both get a games rest. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

...with Iheanacho not firing and Vardy coming to grips with the system, Daka has to be an option with a tweak to his game!!!

We brought him in to replicate Vardy, but sitting on the shoulder of the Centrback is not all that Vardy brings, he has created a lot of his goals himself and Daka needs to drop a few yards and become more involved in games. He should be looking to be taking balls on the half term rather than relying on being played in, as we fall down on our accuracy in this department.

I watched Gift Orban come on for Gent and he spent all his time on the pitch, level with the opponent's backline and not getting a touch on the ball. He attempted to make a run but was never found and his body language is pure frustration as he is not kicking on as I believe he thought that he would be. He is not getting much game time and zero minutes on the ball, I cannot see him being there for much longer.

Like Daka, I think he needs to drop deeper to get on the ball and get a feel of the play. He has the pace and skill to beat defenders but he is killing his own game with the way he is playing at this moment.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, you'd not be surprised if either pick up an injury soon. I hope Choudhury plays the next two and both get a games rest. 

Enzo has shown a willingness to rotate players, I'd be surprised to see RP play against PNE and Stoke.   

would love to see Yunus get a go in the centre of midfield with KDH, but could easily see Casadei starting too looking back at things now

certainly think we'll see a few changes with one defo with Vestergaard out

what id like to see after thinking it over again
Hermansen

Hamza

Coady

Faes

RickyP

Winks

KDH

Yunus

Fatawu

Kel

Mav

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with Iheanacho not firing and Vardy coming to grips with the system, Daka has to be an option with a tweak to his game!!!

We brought him in to replicate Vardy, but sitting on the shoulder of the Centrback is not all that Vardy brings, he has created a lot of his goals himself and Daka needs to drop a few yards and become more involved in games. He should be looking to be taking balls on the half term rather than relying on being played in, as we fall down on our accuracy in this department.

I watched Gift Orban come on for Gent and he spent all his time on the pitch, level with the opponent's backline and not getting a touch on the ball. He attempted to make a run but was never found and his body language is pure frustration as he is not kicking on as I believe he thought that he would be. He is not getting much game time and zero minutes on the ball, I cannot see him being there for much longer.

Like Daka, I think he needs to drop deeper to get on the ball and get a feel of the play. He has the pace and skill to beat defenders but he is killing his own game with the way he is playing at this moment.

I think that is a fair assessment,but it does beggar the question,what was and is Daka asked to do.. If he is being left to do his own thing 100% agree…He has disappeared too often in games.. Holding this thought..this was always the reason Vardy was better than the parts most credited him for..Vardy has the gift of a good eye,and always put to use his taking defenders away and setting up a teammate,often teammate not gifted enough to read the play,or take up the chance of gifted potential conversions. An as equal 2nd striker like Vardy,Vardy would have had a higher amount of .assists

So it’s a question I suppose, can Enzo/coaching team, get Daka to open up better channels or opportunities for himself & teammates. Can Enzo also make or help Daka,play to what Enzo wants him to do…

I might be seeing it totally wrong..But I reckon Vardy & Mavididi have been given run of the park,a bit of carte Blanche but with the odd Enzo influence. Mcateer simular,but to search and drive into those open spaces.

It seems Fatawu is being coached,to also take care of team’s defensive cover needs,but explode forward when opportunity opens up for him..On Daka I just want to see him given his opportunity to irritate and take advantage of opponents weaknesses. I don’t want him to be a 2nd of anybody,but to show us who Daka is.with Enzo support & advice…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Bit concerned about Ricky playing four games in ten days and JJ three in eight 

can see hamza starting at RB and Ricky playing on the left and inverting for one half and then JJ playing the second with hamza inverting 

Agreed, Enzo seems to be managing them both pretty well so far, so expect he'll get it right.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Given the transformation of Ndidi and the impressive performances from Vestergaard, I'm personally loath to write off any member of the squad based on my opinion of them before Maresca arrived. Who knows what Enzo's coaching might do for Daka? However, as I said, if Daka was genuinely close to the first team I think we'd have seen more of him from the bench, so I'm expecting Iheanacho to start on Wednesday.

But he has played Vestergaard & Ndidi and you can see the improvement. He doesn''t think Daka fits in. Too risky to give him a run, why change a winning team. 

Just now, Andy W said:

But he has played Vestergaard & Ndidi and you can see the improvement. He doesn''t think Daka fits in. Too risky to give him a run, why change a winning team. 

I'm very happy to trust Maresca's judgment on Daka's suitability, and on any other matter pertaining to the squad. How refreshing to be able to say that after Rodgers' inexplicable alienation of certain key players and blind loyalty to others who were horribly underperforming...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Well we have changed a winning team ,every week…

God knows what we do if we have a long period of downers…

28 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Enzo might want to give Daka more time,we don’t know one way or other what Enzo at the moment thinks,or thoughts of alienating players….My suggestion is let’s wait to see what,who,when,how this season pans out on form, injuries,tweaks in the system. At present not quite 10 games gone,we have a couple of  big long time out hits on players,Enzo seems to have put trust in..

I am only really guessing,but I can see Enzo using many variants tactics and players through the season…

So Braybrooke,Daka,Alves,Souttar  returning Mcateer, Casadei, & Coady will I think play a major part through this long season..

Cannon is the unknown ( for me), one wonders if he can make a big statement for this season…

Too early to put one’s thoughts to what Enzo thinks..!!