Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Mads

Faes Coady Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi Yunus Mavididi

Iheanacho

KDH, Hamza, Vardy, Albrighton and Casadei off the bench.

...it would be interesting to see how this team operates without KDH, Yunus seems more creative and with more awareness!!!

We will miss his energy in the team, but would that be tempered with better decisions? In 2 games this season, KDH came through in the final quarter and seemed to grow stronger, Braybrroke gives us that and for me, is a feature in his game.

Watching from the sides, he must be eager to play in this setup.

8 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Could Souttar play the holding midfield role?

Not but I've thought for a while given the amount of times he carries the ball forward or sprays a crossfield pass that Faes could do the inverted role on the left side covering Doyle.

I've seen enough of Akgun to think he's capable of covering Winks for a game or two as well. Casadei not so much.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I'd also like to see Daka given a chance. However, given that Maresca has only used Vardy and Iheanacho in league games, and again declined the opportunity to give Daka any minutes yesterday, I'd say the chances of him playing Daka on Wednesday are fairly slim. 

Thank god

• Haha 2

Not sure if this has been discussed on here before, but I’d start Nacho for this one and not for rotation reasons but more because this is a home game.

We’ve seen enough evidence so far that teams come to the KP and camp back and play a low block, whilst teams that we visit at their place would typically play a more open-branded style of football, which I can assume why Vardy has only scored goals from open play away from home so far. So yeah, I’d be more inclined to play Nacho in the home games and Vardy away from home if we can help it.

1 minute ago, Fox42 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed on here before, but I’d start Nacho for this one and not for rotation reasons but more because this is a home game.

I can see that happening. Vardy still needs to be managed and he is playing his way into form right now. We should play him smartly and the ideal would be to win the game without needing him to come on. 

I do fear Nacho is still a way off it though. He seems rushed and balls bouncing off him and we haven't seen that lovely turn he does so well when receiving the ball deep. He does that when he is in form. I'd still start him though and hope he begins to show signs of coming to life again. 

Otherwise, Enzo may start looking to introduce Daka before too long. Nacho has a handful of games left to impress before Daka is tried. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I can see that happening. Vardy still needs to be managed and he is playing his way into form right now. We should play him smartly and the ideal would be to win the game without needing him to come on. 

I do fear Nacho is still a way off it though. He seems rushed and balls bouncing off him and we haven't seen that lovely turn he does so well when receiving the ball deep. He does that when he is in form. I'd still start him though and hope he begins to show signs of coming to life again. 

Otherwise, Enzo may start looking to introduce Daka before too long. Nacho has a handful of games left to impress before Daka is tried. 

Daka's in his last 2 months with us anyway. He was so close to going in August, I'd be amazed if Bournemouth or someone else in that bottom half aren't pushing for him again in Jan. If Nacho does play we've got to get better at getting the wingers running in ahead of him because he drops so deep he's almost playing with Winks and Ricardo. He's almost a false 9.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Daka's in his last 2 months with us anyway. He was so close to going in August, I'd be amazed if Bournemouth or someone else in that bottom half aren't pushing for him again in Jan. If Nacho does play we've got to get better at getting the wingers running in ahead of him because he drops so deep he's almost playing with Winks and Ricardo. He's almost a false 9.

Ironically, Daka has a longer contract with us while Nacho, Vardy, Ndidi, Praet, Vesty, Albrighton, can all leave on a free in the summer and can sign a pre agreement with another club come January which will be a major distraction.

I think the Club needs to have a smart way of sorting this out before it all becomes a big mess like last year.

Edited by Tom12345

No idea why anyone thinks Nacho deserves a start (it was a penalty ffs and he did not even win it), although it probably says more about how poor Daka must be in training.

Assume its just favouritism or entrenched positions.  :dunno:

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No idea why anyone thinks Nacho deserves a start (it was a penalty ffs and he did not even win it), although it probably says more about how poor Daka must be in training.

Assume its just favouritism or entrenched positions.  :dunno:

I don’t!! Not really sure how much longer we can justify picking him at all, but we have to rotate Vardy and it still seems Daka is out of favour in this regard. Only consolation is that if Nacho stinks the place out for 70minutes, Vardy comes on as impact and creates havoc. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-notebook-enzo-maresca-8798833

By

Callum Doyle’s injury was the “worst-case scenario” for Leicester City with the club doubling up on nearly every position bar the one occupied by the Manchester City loanee.

He’s not going to play again until the new year, and it looks like James Justin will be the man occupying the slot most often, although he will need breaks at some point. However, it seems Maresca won’t yet turn to the player who played in Doyle’s position during the international break.

With Doyle representing England Under-21s in the September matches, Maresca called up Tom Wilson-Brown to first-team training. He is a left-footed centre-back who can operate as a left-back, and so ticks the boxes. He’s also been a consistent presence for City’s Under-21s this term.

But Maresca has said it is too early to consider the 18-year-old. That’s despite the likes of Kasey McAteer and Wanya Marcal stepping up from the development squad and performing well this season.

“(Wilson-Brown) was with us two or three times just to use in the same position as Callum,” Maresca said. “But at this moment he is with the second team and we are not thinking about him in Callum’s position. But yes he could help us (in the future). He still needs to work.”

Kristiansen’s unbeaten start

If Maresca had had his way, Victor Kristiansen would still be at the club and would be filling in for Doyle. But the Dane had no interest in taking on the hybrid role that would see him play as a centre-back for most of each game, and so he left in the final week of the window to join Bologna in Italy.

And it’s going rather well. At the weekend, Kristiansen played 90 minutes as Bologna beat Empoli 3-0. It means that in the left-back’s five Serie A games, his new side are unbeaten, and it’s the longest such streak in the division. They’ve also kept clean sheets in their last four matches.

Marcal could return in form

Replacing Doyle is not the only matter at hand for Maresca. He now has Kasey McAteer on the sidelines for at least a month after he pulled his hamstring at Blackburn.

Even though McAteer is top scorer, it’s not such a problem for City, with plenty of wide options available, and with Wanya Marcal available to turn to. The Portuguese winger has not played in any of City’s last six matches and has not even been on the bench for the past five, and so has returned to the Under-21s.

But if he is called back up to the first team for the game with Preston, he will do so in good form. He has two goals and an assist in his four outings for the development squad, with the first of those goals and his assist both dribbles from inside his own half. He then scored a tap-in as the Under-21s ended their losing run with a 3-1 victory at Fulham on Friday night.

7 hours ago, iancognito said:

.. Daka has 3 more years on his contract with us!!!

Nacho's instinct is to take up the #10 position, so he is to all intents playing as a false #9. He shouldn't have to drop so deep to get hold of the ball, but he wants the play in the last third to go through him, that is not how we are set up, hence part of his problem.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

On 01/10/2023 at 16:09, steveherbe said:

Only problem i can see is me. Been to one game this season, only game we've lost in the league - and I'll be there Wednesday. May be an idea for FT to organise a whip round to persuade me to stay away 😀

The only game I've not been to so far this season was Hull (which we obviously lost) and won't be there tomorrow because of thee train strikes. So if they could also do a whip around for a taxi for me that would be great thanks 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

although it probably says more about how poor Daka must be in training.

I feel like a bit of a stuck record at this point but I don't really think it's likely overly performance related at all. 

I mean, sure, don't get me wrong, if Daka was performing like peak (real) Ronaldo then yeah we'd probably play him regardless of personal issues. 

But I still think Daka is out of the squad because we've got no long term intention of keeping him. He probably still wants to leave, is expected to go in January and so we're relying on Vardy and Iheanacho as much as possible. 

If we were losing games and struggling to score then he'd probably be rotating more but why the need at the moment? 

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-notebook-enzo-maresca-8798833

By

Callum Doyle’s injury was the “worst-case scenario” for Leicester City with the club doubling up on nearly every position bar the one occupied by the Manchester City loanee.

He’s not going to play again until the new year, and it looks like James Justin will be the man occupying the slot most often, although he will need breaks at some point. However, it seems Maresca won’t yet turn to the player who played in Doyle’s position during the international break.

With Doyle representing England Under-21s in the September matches, Maresca called up Tom Wilson-Brown to first-team training. He is a left-footed centre-back who can operate as a left-back, and so ticks the boxes. He’s also been a consistent presence for City’s Under-21s this term.

But Maresca has said it is too early to consider the 18-year-old. That’s despite the likes of Kasey McAteer and Wanya Marcal stepping up from the development squad and performing well this season.

“(Wilson-Brown) was with us two or three times just to use in the same position as Callum,” Maresca said. “But at this moment he is with the second team and we are not thinking about him in Callum’s position. But yes he could help us (in the future). He still needs to work.”

Kristiansen’s unbeaten start

If Maresca had had his way, Victor Kristiansen would still be at the club and would be filling in for Doyle. But the Dane had no interest in taking on the hybrid role that would see him play as a centre-back for most of each game, and so he left in the final week of the window to join Bologna in Italy.

And it’s going rather well. At the weekend, Kristiansen played 90 minutes as Bologna beat Empoli 3-0. It means that in the left-back’s five Serie A games, his new side are unbeaten, and it’s the longest such streak in the division. They’ve also kept clean sheets in their last four matches.

Marcal could return in form

Replacing Doyle is not the only matter at hand for Maresca. He now has Kasey McAteer on the sidelines for at least a month after he pulled his hamstring at Blackburn.

Even though McAteer is top scorer, it’s not such a problem for City, with plenty of wide options available, and with Wanya Marcal available to turn to. The Portuguese winger has not played in any of City’s last six matches and has not even been on the bench for the past five, and so has returned to the Under-21s.

But if he is called back up to the first team for the game with Preston, he will do so in good form. He has two goals and an assist in his four outings for the development squad, with the first of those goals and his assist both dribbles from inside his own half. He then scored a tap-in as the Under-21s ended their losing run with a 3-1 victory at Fulham on Friday night.

Surprised there was no mention of Ben Nelson in that.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I feel like a bit of a stuck record at this point but I don't really think it's likely overly performance related at all. 

I mean, sure, don't get me wrong, if Daka was performing like peak (real) Ronaldo then yeah we'd probably play him regardless of personal issues. 

But I still think Daka is out of the squad because we've got no long term intention of keeping him. He probably still wants to leave, is expected to go in January and so we're relying on Vardy and Iheanacho as much as possible. 

If we were losing games and struggling to score then he'd probably be rotating more but why the need at the moment? 

I get it, its difficult to come to a different conclusion, but even if we let Daka go in January or next Summer, as it stands right now that is no different than Kelechi so why not share? The only other outcome involves a belief that Kelechi would sign a new contract, an outcome needed to desired by both club and player if we go back up. 

Or they think **** them both, we got Cannon coming back in the New Year lol