Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Anyone know if you can you watch red button games through the NowTV app?

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I checked this yesterday and apparently you can. You have to scroll to the bottom and it's listed as 'bonus content' or something like that.

Yep, it's right at the bottom, very easy to miss!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, iancognito said:

Doesn't look like it

tbc.JPG

Shame he’s been replaced. I was looking forward to hearing ‘You fell asleep on the job’ or similar, quickly followed by ‘**** VAR’ 

VAR is one thing I’m not missing one bit this season, although it took me a good while to mentally adjust from half-hearted goal celebrations whilst wondering if the VAR process would interfere.

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Shame he’s been replaced. I was looking forward to hearing ‘You fell asleep on the job’ or similar, quickly followed by ‘**** VAR’ 

VAR is one thing I’m not missing one bit this season, although it took me a good while to mentally adjust from half-hearted goal celebrations whilst wondering if the VAR process would interfere.

After L'pool's debacle against Spurs only a few days ago,Championship for a few seasons,might be a comfortable respite..

• Haha 1

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Preston

McAteer?

“Yes, between four and six weeks.”

Dealing with congestion?

“It’s been a problem. It will be a problem because we have more games. It is what it is. It’s the same for all of the clubs. It’s not easy to find a solution. We can adapt and make rotations. Sometimes we have to lose quality because of the rotation. But it’s better to have balance and not risk injuries, even if we lose quality.”

Missing McAteer?

“Kasey is top scorer, that means we are in big trouble! No, he was doing very well. He was happy and hungry. It’s a shame for him. But it’s a good time for him to have some rest.”

Fresh injuries?

“No, the only one is Kasey.”

Preston?

“They are a team that defends very well. They defend with 5-4-1, so nine players always. It will be a game where we need to be patient. It’s a game we may need to win in the last 20 minutes because it won’t be easy. We need to be patient.”

Preston attack?

“They attack very well, they try to switch play very well. They are one of the clubs, with Ipswich, who start perfect.”

Back at home?

“Two games in a row. The last five games, we have played four away. Especially tomorrow, it’s an important game. We need them to support us from the beginning until the end.”

VAR?

“It’s impossible not to see something about VAR. It’s everywhere. I still think it helps a lot.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I don't know why but can see Enzo doing something different at the back. Resting Ricardo and Justin and maybe going for a Souttar, Coady, Faes back 3 with Hamza and Winks in front.

That would be more than plausible. Preston play with physicality, not pace. Souttar, Faes and Hamza are great in that regard.

However, if it's a game where we have over 70% possession, which is likely, then you probably want your best ball players in the team.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester City vs Preston Pre-Match (Serious)

This is so far the most defensive team in the league. They have made a great start, but the underlying data suggest they've over performed quite significantly

• Typically, play a 541 shape. Don't let their 3-5-2 lineup on the pre-match graphic fool you, these guys are safety first and have 9 men behind the ball at almost all times.
  • Whilst they don't create much, they really don't give much either. They just lost 4-0, but that was a harsh scoreline. It is telling though that despite being 4 down, they only had one shot on target in the entire game.
  • An early goal here would be the ideal scenario.
    • Equally, conceding early will mean we are in for a long night.
  • Be prepared for a frustrating evening, these guys will make the Bristol City game look like an open game of football.
  • I expect Iheanacho to start instead of Vardy, this is one of those games where a false 9 is good, as you ideally want to draw the centre backs out to make space in behind them.
    • That said, there is a big chance they will just sit in their block and let us play in their third. If ever there was going to be a game for a 25 yard banger from Abdul Fatawu, this game has his name on it.
  • Most likely it will be a case of tiring them out and grabbing the win late on with subs.
    • Casadei could be a good option in this game. They play quite a physical style, his size and frame could give us an additional focal point when attacking.

SHHFLGK.png

^ As you can see, Preston are one of the least attacking teams in the league. That said xGA of 0.3 and 0.5 is some going.

a109Qe0.png

^ A recent away game at Stoke. Did they even play a striker? lol

Boring Bas***ds!!

• Haha 3

We have to be very carefull of this team…They won the double…& since then their Back line has been lost in the North End.

Scot got lost in the South Pole,still looking for them,Shackleton lost his ship searching , hence the modern Endurance tests.

And that’s why Penguins & Polar bears are not seen together & both until this day become Invincibles..

Preston loved 2nd place and took it several times..

The 50s seen them produce Englands best ever player Tom Finney considered  by greats like Shankley,Mathews,Charlton,has the best dribbler & player,who ever played,but like our Harry ,won many caps,but never a trophy..

But in their day a well loved club,with many famous loved names playing for the Lilywhites..

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've gone all out for my pre-match preview this time round folks:

C2QLint.png

Are those blue dots our only shots?  Prime launch spots for Ndidi into Row Z ...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That would be more than plausible. Preston play with physicality, not pace. Souttar, Faes and Hamza are great in that regard.

However, if it's a game where we have over 70% possession, which is likely, then you probably want your best ball players in the team.

Yeah agree re: Physicality vs Technical skill.

If we were to go more physical at the back I'd like to see Akgun in as an 8 to help unlock.

• Like 1