Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester City vs Preston Pre-Match (Serious)

This is so far the most defensive team in the league. They have made a great start, but the underlying data suggest they've over performed quite significantly

• Typically, play a 541 shape. Don't let their 3-5-2 lineup on the pre-match graphic fool you, these guys are safety first and have 9 men behind the ball at almost all times.
  • Whilst they don't create much, they really don't give much either. They just lost 4-0, but that was a harsh scoreline. It is telling though that despite being 4 down, they only had one shot on target in the entire game.
  • An early goal here would be the ideal scenario.
    • Equally, conceding early will mean we are in for a long night.
  • Be prepared for a frustrating evening, these guys will make the Bristol City game look like an open game of football.
  • I expect Iheanacho to start instead of Vardy, this is one of those games where a false 9 is good, as you ideally want to draw the centre backs out to make space in behind them.
    • That said, there is a big chance they will just sit in their block and let us play in their third. If ever there was going to be a game for a 25 yard banger from Abdul Fatawu, this game has his name on it.
  • Most likely it will be a case of tiring them out and grabbing the win late on with subs.
    • Casadei could be a good option in this game. They play quite a physical style, his size and frame could give us an additional focal point when attacking.

SHHFLGK.png

^ As you can see, Preston are one of the least attacking teams in the league. That said xGA of 0.3 and 0.5 is some going.

a109Qe0.png

^ A recent away game at Stoke. Did they even play a striker? lol

Great analysis, thanks.

regarding your point made ‘drawing out the defence’, I thought Vardy was excellent at this against Blackburn. He was pulling his defender so deep at times. Think he’s adding this to his game to great affect 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester City vs Preston Pre-Match (Serious)

This is so far the most defensive team in the league. They have made a great start, but the underlying data suggest they've over performed quite significantly

• Typically, play a 541 shape. Don't let their 3-5-2 lineup on the pre-match graphic fool you, these guys are safety first and have 9 men behind the ball at almost all times.
  • Whilst they don't create much, they really don't give much either. They just lost 4-0, but that was a harsh scoreline. It is telling though that despite being 4 down, they only had one shot on target in the entire game.
  • An early goal here would be the ideal scenario.
    • Equally, conceding early will mean we are in for a long night.
  • Be prepared for a frustrating evening, these guys will make the Bristol City game look like an open game of football.
  • I expect Iheanacho to start instead of Vardy, this is one of those games where a false 9 is good, as you ideally want to draw the centre backs out to make space in behind them.
    • That said, there is a big chance they will just sit in their block and let us play in their third. If ever there was going to be a game for a 25 yard banger from Abdul Fatawu, this game has his name on it.
  • Most likely it will be a case of tiring them out and grabbing the win late on with subs.
    • Casadei could be a good option in this game. They play quite a physical style, his size and frame could give us an additional focal point when attacking.

SHHFLGK.png

^ As you can see, Preston are one of the least attacking teams in the league. That said xGA of 0.3 and 0.5 is some going.

a109Qe0.png

^ A recent away game at Stoke. Did they even play a striker? lol

9 Championship games.  Goals for:  13          Goals against:     10      xGoals for:  9.4    xGoals against   9.2

In the 1-1 draw v Rotherham, Rotherhans xg was 0.1

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Great analysis, thanks.

regarding your point made ‘drawing out the defence’, I thought Vardy was excellent at this against Blackburn. He was pulling his defender so deep at times. Think he’s adding this to his game to great affect 

Yep, plus he's bang at it, that goal he scored was something I think only he could do in this division.

But with 3 games a week, I expect he's the one that comes on, but doesn't start. That's not even a slight on his name, this game might be one where the impact subs need to make exactly that. Vardy against tired players works in our favour.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LVFox said:

I don't know why but can see Enzo doing something different at the back. Resting Ricardo and Justin and maybe going for a Souttar, Coady, Faes back 3 with Hamza and Winks in front.

Exactly my thinking.

For the Yanks -- this match is not on the ESPN+ schedule.

For all -- the FoxesHub portion of the lcfc.com website claims the match is available in the UK and globally.

FoxesHub video cost -- £10 per match, £25 per month, £170 per season (the £140 price was an early-season discount price that is no longer available).

Edited by lnkstern

I’m wondering if this game will be better suited for this team. 

Mads 

Faes        Coady        Justin 

Hamza       Winks 

Ricardo       Akgun           KDH        Mavididi 

Kalechi 

I’m thinking keep Ricardo in but on the right, and slot Akgun in to the high 8. If it’s going to be a tight game we will need players who are better in tight spaces, better first touch and ability to beat a player with little grass in front of them. Also, N’didi for as good as he’s been will only frustrate I think because he isn’t quite good enough on the ball, Akgun could be ideal hear as he’s more agile and arguably better on the ball.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lnkstern said:

For the Yanks -- this match is not on the ESPN+ schedule.

For all -- the FoxesHub portion of the lcfc.com website claims the match is available in the UK and globally.

FoxesHub video cost -- £10 per match, £25 per month, £170 per season (the £140 price was an early-season discount price that is no longer available).

Is FoxesHub really worth the £10, though? :dunno:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Preston, Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley are the most depressing places I’ve ever visited.

Never been to Nottingham then?

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Never been to Nottingham then?

It pains me to say it, and I’ll have to jump in the shower after, but take Forest out of the equation, and Nottingham is one of my favourite cities…. Architecturally, it’s lovely, got some fantastic coffee houses and great places to grab a beer. It’s a fallacy to life that Forest are there…. The fans of Forest are next level though, they’re definitely more deluded than Liverpool fans….

• Like 2