Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

45 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have never been to Preston.

Is there much there?

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Preston, Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley are the most depressing places I’ve ever visited.

I'm not sure Preston deserves to be thrown in with the other three tbh. 

In my head I always used to have it down as a dreary northern industrial shit hole like the rest

It's actually not too bad. Got some friends that live there and tbf I don't hate it. 

Burnley however should just be wiped from the map. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:
7 hours ago, lnkstern said:

For the Yanks -- this match is not on the ESPN+ schedule.

For all -- the FoxesHub portion of the lcfc.com website claims the match is available in the UK and globally.

FoxesHub video cost -- £10 per match, £25 per month, £170 per season (the £140 price was an early-season discount price that is no longer available).

Is FoxesHub really worth the £10, though? :dunno:

Sky Sports is £20\month and we’ve been on then 3 times in the last month.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Preston notably better than the other three in my opinion. Decent enough town

Preston has a big university which makes it a reasonably vibrant place. Blackburn, Bolton and particularly Burnley are very down at heel though.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Preston, Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley are the most depressing places I’ve ever visited.

Not a patch on Northampton. I made the mistake on walking through their town centre at night. Never again.

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Sky Sports is £20\month and we’ve been on then 3 times in the last month.

You can only get Sky Sports for £20 a month as an add on after you've paid for the other add-on's. They take your money by stealth. Don't fall for it. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

15 years ago this day when Lloyd Dyer scored one of the greatest late winners of all time 

Unbelievable that was. When people say they tumbled several rows down the stand at games, they're usually exaggerating. Not that day, I've never seen bodies like it.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

You can only get Sky Sports for £20 a month as an add on after you've paid for the other add-on's. They take your money by stealth. Don't fall for it. 

You can get Nowtv sport for £35 a month without a contract just on a rolling subscription. I think if you want HD it might be something like another £6 bolt on? 

£40 all in with no commitment. Or you can currently get a deal to have it for £21 a month if you do commit for 6 months. 

And you get to keep sky sports for the whole month and whatever else is on it. 

Now, I don't say all of this to shill for Sky but more to make the point that £10 a game for an EFL digital pass ticket is fvcking horrific value. 

To put this another way, a Nowtv day ticket to watch all of sky sports is £11 I think. 

Got a feeling this is going to feel like playing through treacle. Think we will be hearing a lot of screams of 'forward!!!' or 'get it in the box' in the stands. 

Have horrible feeling it's going to be 0-0.  If we win its only going to be by 1. Don't expect a rip roaring evening.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Got a feeling this is going to feel like playing through treacle. Think we will be hearing a lot of screams of 'forward!!!' or 'get it in the box' in the stands. 

Have horrible feeling it's going to be 0-0.  If we win its only going to be by 1. Don't expect a rip roaring evening.

Yeah agreed, think this will be a really tough test and turn out to be a frustrating 0-0! 

Herse to hoping that's not the case! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You can get Nowtv sport for £35 a month without a contract just on a rolling subscription. I think if you want HD it might be something like another £6 bolt on? 

£40 all in with no commitment. Or you can currently get a deal to have it for £21 a month if you do commit for 6 months. 

And you get to keep sky sports for the whole month and whatever else is on it. 

Now, I don't say all of this to shill for Sky but more to make the point that £10 a game for an EFL digital pass ticket is fvcking horrific value. 

To put this another way, a Nowtv day ticket to watch all of sky sports is £11 I think. 

I don't watch any live football other than City games. I keep up with others via radio and highlights programmes. I go to all weekend home matches and some midweek if I can. I can't go tonight so treating myself with the money I've saved by paying a tenner to watch. I won't be doing it often unless they make it available to UK viewers on a regular basis. I might then reconsider. However, £35/£40 a month for NowTV is still expensive and don't want to commit to 6 months. I won't go anywhere near Sky for many reasons and not just cost. 

• Like 2