Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Preston (H).. Wednesday.

24 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Anyone know if you can access red button games. If you have Sky Sports via Now TV subscription. Specifically on devices like mobile / tablet. It says our game is available on red button. But I only use a device to watch. I'm not sure red button works on them. 

I couldn’t get last nights games on my NowTv phone app, but they were all there on my PS5 app, I think you can only access them on certain devices 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester City vs Preston Pre-Match (Serious)

This is so far the most defensive team in the league. They have made a great start, but the underlying data suggest they've over performed quite significantly

• Typically, play a 541 shape. Don't let their 3-5-2 lineup on the pre-match graphic fool you, these guys are safety first and have 9 men behind the ball at almost all times.
  • Whilst they don't create much, they really don't give much either. They just lost 4-0, but that was a harsh scoreline. It is telling though that despite being 4 down, they only had one shot on target in the entire game.
  • An early goal here would be the ideal scenario.
    • Equally, conceding early will mean we are in for a long night.
  • Be prepared for a frustrating evening, these guys will make the Bristol City game look like an open game of football.
  • I expect Iheanacho to start instead of Vardy, this is one of those games where a false 9 is good, as you ideally want to draw the centre backs out to make space in behind them.
    • That said, there is a big chance they will just sit in their block and let us play in their third. If ever there was going to be a game for a 25 yard banger from Abdul Fatawu, this game has his name on it.
  • Most likely it will be a case of tiring them out and grabbing the win late on with subs.
    • Casadei could be a good option in this game. They play quite a physical style, his size and frame could give us an additional focal point when attacking.

SHHFLGK.png

^ As you can see, Preston are one of the least attacking teams in the league. That said xGA of 0.3 and 0.5 is some going.

a109Qe0.png

^ A recent away game at Stoke. Did they even play a striker? lol

You’ve upset some dense wet wipe on their forum with your light hearted comment about a striker there lol

I am noticing that some championship fans are a bit weird - do you develop a chip on your shoulder when you’ve spent years doing nothing?

39 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Anyone know if you can access red button games. If you have Sky Sports via Now TV subscription. Specifically on devices like mobile / tablet. It says our game is available on red button. But I only use a device to watch. I'm not sure red button works on them. 

Hopefully this helps

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/Can-t-Find-Bonus-Sports-Streams-Help-Instructions-Here/m-p/597153#M4891

Can't Find Bonus Sports Streams (Help Instructions Here).

Since the latest NOW App layout with the gear wheel icon symbol towards the top right of the NOW App home screen, there has been a few reports on both the NOW Community and NOW Twitter that Bonus Sports Streams can't be found.

With the newer App main screen layout (with the gear wheel symbol top right of screen) you will not find Bonus Streams at the bottom of the home screen main page has previously found before.

What you need to do is open the dedicated Sports section and then navigate to the bottom of the Sports section screen to find Bonus Streams (when Bonus Streams are available).

The method I use, is from the top line where you see the gear wheel icon, highlight and click on Sports, the screen page below it should then refresh to the dedicated Sports screen page, then navigate down the screen to the bottom to find Bonus Sports Streams. Hope this will help somebody.

Here's some further information below on what else you need to watch Bonus Sports Streams.

Got a full blown Monthly Sports Membership and one of the devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• Amazon Fire TV Edition – all supported models
  • LG and Samsung Smart TVs – all supported models
  • Amazon Fire TV – 2nd gen (2015), 3rd gen (2017)
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick – 2nd & 3rd gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition
  • Apple TV – 4th gen or later
  • NOW Smart Stick or Box
  • Roku boxes and streaming players
  • YouView box
  • PS4, PS5
  • Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Further down in the thread I linked above was this

Screenshot_20231004-1358182.png.dfe4a02067a23173ab62580590d646db.png

On 03/10/2023 at 10:38, Drew Peacock said:

Shame he’s been replaced. I was looking forward to hearing ‘You fell asleep on the job’ or similar, quickly followed by ‘**** VAR’ 

VAR is one thing I’m not missing one bit this season, although it took me a good while to mentally adjust from half-hearted goal celebrations whilst wondering if the VAR process would interfere.

Never understood this thinking. I celebrate the same as I ever have done. You can be stopped in mid-celebration by a Lino's flag and plenty of us have done that. We've also benefitted from it plenty of times too. The only downside to VAR as the last few days have shown is that it's being operated by buffoons.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Never understood this thinking. I celebrate the same as I ever have done. You can be stopped in mid-celebration by a Lino's flag and plenty of us have done that. We've also benefitted from it plenty of times too. The only downside to VAR as the last few days have shown is that it's being operated by buffoons.

I know what you mean, but the last couple of seasons I've not celebrated a goal properly, purely because you feel like it's always going to be snatched away from you. Even goals that aren't potentially offside, goals you'd expect would be 100% legitimate I always had this niggling feeling that it would be pulled back for a foul in the minute or so before or something would spoil it.

Knowing VAR's not there at all just means you can go mad and the chances of a flag going up are a lot less that VAR deciding something was amiss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top cop said:

I am in Miami on holiday today. Anybody from the States know how I might be able to watch it? 

Someone said it’s on ESPN, but I can’t see it. Think you’re probably best buying a $10 Foxes Hub pass

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

You’ve upset some dense wet wipe on their forum with your light hearted comment about a striker there lol

I am noticing that some championship fans are a bit weird - do you develop a chip on your shoulder when you’ve spent years doing nothing?

That's too bad, I've got quite the soft spot for PNE, it's a team I like to pick in Football Manager. An iconic club that was once legendary, who graced us with the incredible Sir Tom Finney. It would be great to see in the Premier League at least once, it's a shame they couldn't do it with David Moyes all those years ago.

Also, as I've said elsewhere, whilst they play defensive, it's good management in many ways. They will be at worst 3rd after tonight's game with 10 games played, above Southampton, Leeds and many more. Who knows, maybe if their manager was better backed, he could make something happen with his team? At the same time I feel a bit sorry for their fans because sometimes even if you are getting results, if the football is boring it's a tough watch. Look at the Puel era here!