Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We need a KDH replacement. Who could that be, that is realistic? Others might have better opinions than me on that, but some interesting candidates here would be Finn Azaz and Stuart Armstrong:

q1tpqsE.png

BmfDjD5.png

Jack Clarke would be a good buy, couldn’t imagine Sunderland letting him go for anything less than £15-20 mil though. 

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We need a KDH replacement. Who could that be, that is realistic? Others might have better opinions than me on that, but some interesting candidates here would be Finn Azaz and Stuart Armstrong:

q1tpqsE.png

BmfDjD5.png

Nebel and Timber would be interesting though not sure about them being direct replacements.

I think that list highlights the limitations with stats based scouting. The fact Jack Clarke is on there, who not only plays a different position, but has a completely different style of play, shows it's not always very accurate and you need a lot of cross referencing to get to the right players.

• Like 1

Does anyone know anything about Conway at Bristol city? He has been their top scorer for a couple of years and will be out of contract next year. Has been linked with a few clubs and Pearson liked him.

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

q1tpqsE.png

BmfDjD5.png

Both myself and Ric were eying up Azaz in January for one of the ‘8’ slots, but of course Leicester didn’t have the money and he ended up at Middlesbrough. 

Of course it depends on what formation we go with, do we go with two 8’s again or a single 10, but if we’re willing to chuck £30 odd million at Soule, then the following five are the standouts for me...

Matt O’Reilly

Gabriel Sara

Oscar Gloukh

Sebastian Szymanski 

Cameron Puertas(Who you’ve mentioned yourself)

33 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Both myself and Ric were eying up Azaz in January for one of the ‘8’ slots, but of course Leicester didn’t have the money and he ended up at Middlesbrough. 

Of course it depends on what formation we go with, do we go with two 8’s again or a single 10, but if we’re willing to chuck £30 odd million at Soule, then the following five are the standouts for me...

Matt O’Reilly

Gabriel Sara

Oscar Gloukh

Sebastian Szymanski 

Surprised there’s been no noise around Sara at all. He would be an ideal like for like replacement for KDH. Surely he won’t be spending another season in the Championship? 

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Azaz - yes

Stuart Armstrong - :nigel:

I don't get the Armstrong hate, he's a very good player, and was one of the only players Southampton had that put in good performances the last time they were in the Premier League. He had a very strong season last time round too. I doubt he will be coming here, but you could do far, far worse than him!

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

Jack Clarke would be a good buy, couldn’t imagine Sunderland letting him go for anything less than £15-20 mil though. 

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Nebel and Timber would be interesting though not sure about them being direct replacements.

I think that list highlights the limitations with stats based scouting. The fact Jack Clarke is on there, who not only plays a different position, but has a completely different style of play, shows it's not always very accurate and you need a lot of cross referencing to get to the right players.

Yep don't get why Clarke is here, he's a winger! I suspect it's because KDH pushed so high up the pitch that at times he occupied the spaces Clarke did. Timber I think would go to a bigger club than us.

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Matt O’Reilly

Gabriel Sara

Oscar Gloukh

Sebastian Szymanski 

Good list that. Sara and Szymanski are lefties. Gloukh is only 19, probably expecting a bit much of him to perform right away, even though he looks very good.

Any other under the radar types you can think of?

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Surprised there’s been no noise around Sara at all. He would be an ideal like for like replacement for KDH. Surely he won’t be spending another season in the Championship? 

Roma were supposedly very interested in him, but those links seem to have cooled in recent weeks. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good list that. Sara and Szymanski are lefties. Gloukh is only 19, probably expecting a bit much of him to perform right away, even though he looks very good.

Giannis Konstantelias of PAOK would probably be a little cheaper than those I’ve mentioned. 

Santiago Rodriguez of New York City would probably be too much of a gamble, but his creative numbers at the start of the MLS season have been excellent. 

A couple of others in Belgium in Hong Hyun-seok and Bilal El Khannouss are coming off good seasons. 

Final shout would be Cristo Gonzalez of Arouca, he posted some excellent numbers in Portugal last season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't get the Armstrong hate, he's a very good player, and was one of the only players Southampton had that put in good performances the last time they were in the Premier League. He had a very strong season last time round too. I doubt he will be coming here, but you could do far, far worse than him!

Yep don't get why Clarke is here, he's a winger! I suspect it's because KDH pushed so high up the pitch that at times he occupied the spaces Clarke did. Timber I think would go to a bigger club than us.

Armstrong hate comes from the fact he can’t get in the Scotland side. If I had any Scottish in me I’d have half a chance 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

Does anyone know anything about Conway at Bristol city? He has been their top scorer for a couple of years and will be out of contract next year. Has been linked with a few clubs and Pearson liked 

I thought he was going to kick on last season but regressed a bit. Don't think the system Bristol City play suits him though. 

Very good finisher but lacks pace and I think performs best when he has a strike partner.

Not good enough for us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Would Soule have been on your list before the recent speculation?
Genuine question.

I’m guessing this is aimed at me? lol

If so, as he played off the right last season he wasn’t really someone I looked at, I was focusing more on players that had played central. 

After digging into Soule’s underlying creative numbers from last season, they compare very similarly to KDH, so I can see why we’re heavily interested in him. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Definitely not for me. I think he's an oustanding player, but I'm suprised we are linked with him, because he's not a like-for-like replacement for KDH. He has played the 10, but really played as a winger last season. So I'm not sure he's being recruited for a formation change either.

Yunus returned to Galatasaray and we do need cover. Bobby Reid probably fills in for one position, but we need another. Personally I would have thought that we could loan such a player, or perhaps someone like Clarke or Phillogene would come in as competition for Fatawu.

The reason why people are rightfully excited about Soule is that he looks the absolute business. Fans love flair players, and a trick argentine with a left foot that can dribble and score... well that's usually a killer combination. Over the last 10 years, players like Knockaert, Mahrez and now Fatawu were beloved.

For me we must get in a high quality box-to-box midfielder with proven end product. It's from a weak league but O'Reilly scored 18 times and got 13 assists last season, so for me is the standout player to sign of those we've been linked with. If not him, then it needs to be someone used to playing in the middle of the park, scoring, assisting but also tackling and pressing too.

Agree with every word of this

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

We were linked with Zalazar last summer, can play in a deep midfield role or further forward, maybe we revisit the interest 🤔

D9-EB5-C25-8634-4806-A168-F5-E126-EA0073

Now THAT'S  some stats!

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

We were linked with Zalazar last summer, can play in a deep midfield role or further forward, maybe we revisit the interest 🤔

D9-EB5-C25-8634-4806-A168-F5-E126-EA0073

Never heard of him but those stats are great!

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Percy saying a striker is a priority

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/07/19/matias-soule-leciester-city-juventus-new-bid/

Another forward is thought to be a priority, with Cooper looking for an alternative option to Jamie Vardy, Tom Cannon and Patson Daka.

Youssef En-Nesyri is the one we should go for !!!

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/07/19/matias-soule-leciester-city-juventus-new-bid/

Another forward is thought to be a priority, with Cooper looking for an alternative option to Jamie Vardy, Tom Cannon and Patson Daka.

I think it's important to note that he's not saying another striker is the priority, he's saying another FORWARD is, of which Soule is one.

Soule is such a saucy signing but also totally out of the blue in the sense that on paper it really doesn't make that much to sign someone who isn't neccessarily going to start!

That said, in the article it refers to Soule as a winger, not a forward, so maybe another striker is on the cards...

Edited by StriderHiryu

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

#WelcomeFotisIoannidis(Probably off to Bologna or Sporting but one can dream) 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's important to note that he's not saying another striker is the priority, he's saying another FORWARD is, of which Soule is one.

Soule is such a saucy signing but also totally out of the blue in the sense that on paper it really doesn't make that much to sign someone who isn't neccessarily going to start!

That said, in the article it refers to Soule as a winger, not a forward, so maybe another striker is on the cards...

I think as he says it is as an alternative to Vardy, Daka, and Cannon that it would be someone who is primarily an actual striker rather than someone who mainly plays in another forward position but can also play striker

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think as he says it is as an alternative to Vardy, Daka, and Cannon that it would be someone who is primarily an actual striker rather than someone who mainly plays in another forward position but can also play striker

I imagine it'll be someone who can come deep and hold the ball up and bring others into play. Our 3 options as is are all similair players, having a plan B makes sense. 

• Like 1