Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

At this point, I think we need to potentially start looking elsewhere.

I’d be considering Hannibal from

Manchester United. Who you’d like to think we might be able to pick up on loan. He’s a better option than having a midfield containing Choudhury and Ndidi.

Baturina at Zagreb is another. He’s a special talent and he’d give us some creativity in the middle of the pitch we desperately need. Bring Noa Skoko with him as well, as although he’s Croatian, he was born in England. 

If we want attackers, Joaquín Lavega is worth a look, as he can play across the line in all three positions. 

Aleksandar Kahvic would have been worth a punt as a big centre forward for the others to play off. 

Or go and loan Youssoufa Moukoko

as his transfer to Marseille has collapsed. He’s available for £13,000,000 apparently. 

We are going to have to start shopping in the Championship and EPL loans for U21 players and taking a gamble on players who could make the step up. If we are relegated they are back to where they started. If they do well we can sell for a profit should we go back down or they return to parent club. 

The European market just doesn't seem to be working.

Still need 3 more in at least.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

At this point, I think we need to potentially start looking elsewhere.

I’d be considering Hannibal from

Manchester United. Who you’d like to think we might be able to pick up on loan. He’s a better option than having a midfield containing Choudhury and Ndidi.

Baturina at Zagreb is another. He’s a special talent and he’d give us some creativity in the middle of the pitch we desperately need. Bring Noa Skoko with him as well, as although he’s Croatian, he was born in England. 

If we want attackers, Joaquín Lavega is worth a look, as he can play across the line in all three positions. 

Aleksandar Kahvic would have been worth a punt as a big centre forward for the others to play off. 

Or go and loan Youssoufa Moukoko

as his transfer to Marseille has collapsed. He’s available for £13,000,000 apparently. 

I've suggested Lavega before, he's very good but ultimately one for the future I think and with how poor our windows been we definitely need to prioritise players we'd actually give game time.

Tanner has done a piece about the club’s issues in the transfer market - inference is we’ve been going for overly ambitious deals (where this is more competition/higher wages) given our PSR position and think the market will open up closer to the end of the transfer window - it reeks of complacency. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5702809/2024/08/16/leicester-city-transfer-window-psr/

Edited by lcfc_forever

8 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

We need a long term striker solution & ready for the champo, I’d pluck for Stansfield from Fulham tbh rather than waste any money on Ayew

We have one in Cannon. Sure he wont bag 20+ this season , but at least lets give the lad a go. 

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rob Tanner has published a new article on our (lack of) transfer activity:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5702809/2024/08/16/leicester-city-transfer-window-psr/

The whole article is ridiculous and if true would show the incompetence of the board despite the article intending to do the opposite. “Let’s be ambitious and try competing with the likes of Brighton and Brentford even though we know we can’t afford to”. Great plan that.

As others have said, we should probably go for a same model to last summer. People who have something to prove, whether than be someone who has fallen out of favour at a prem club or someone from lower leagues or lesser European leagues.

It worked with the likes of Fatawu, Mavadidi, Winks and Hermansen. In my opinion there was even a player in Akgun, but maybe just lacked the physicality for the league. 

But mainly Younger players with room to grow and that alongside blooding some of the Academy Prospects, I think that would be a model that many of the fans could get behind.

• Like 2