Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure I read we were offered him for €8m when he was at Koln and opted not to sign him.

Unsure but if I remember rightly cooper wanted him at forest the other year 

On 12/08/2024 at 11:14, moore_94 said:

I don’t think Cooper would use Ricardo as the right centre back of the back 3 or in a 2 with Winks so unfortunately I expect he would be on the bench

Personally I don’t think I would start Buonanotte ahead of any of those other forwards

Surely Ricardo playing as the attacking full back and the left back tucking into the back three is the better option and much more cost effective. Justin played that role last year, maybe Okoli can too?

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Surely Ricardo playing as the attacking full back and the left back tucking into the back three is the better option and much more cost effective. Justin played that role last year, maybe Okoli can too?

A couple of issues with that. One, I don't like the idea of having 3 right footed players at the back. The LCB at least should be left footed for balance. 

Two, on the side that has the wingback, the winger tucks into the 10 position to make room, I don't think that's as suited to Fatawu as it is Mavididi. 

It's good to have the option to do that and I think we have that with JJ being the defensive option at RB and Ricardo the attacking but we don't have that balance on the other side. I think we need an attacking LB however we look at it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Scotch said:

A couple of issues with that. One, I don't like the idea of having 3 right footed players at the back. The LCB at least should be left footed for balance. 

Two, on the side that has the wingback, the winger tucks into the 10 position to make room, I don't think that's as suited to Fatawu as it is Mavididi. 

It's good to have the option to do that and I think we have that with JJ being the defensive option at RB and Ricardo the attacking but we don't have that balance on the other side. I think we need an attacking LB however we look at it. 

I agree about the balance argument and having three right footed players at the back, but people forget that Vesterguard is left footed (I know he has other weaknesses though!). I just don't think we can move forward without playing Ricardo playing an important role. 

11 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

We are in dire need of a LB.

I can't believe there's actually a chance of Kristiansen starting for us in the Premier League.

He's absolutely horrendous.

Hes not though is he. Hes a Denmark international that played regularly for a side that qualified for the Champions league 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes not though is he. Hes a Denmark international that played regularly for a side that qualified for the Champions league 

I also don't think he's "horrendous" but he offers nothing as an attacking threat and he doesn't seem to want to play as a defensive FB so for the second year in a row, we have no use for him other than as a backup. 

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolutely no where near Premier League level.

Can't attack, completely lost in defence.

What do you rate about him? His enthusiasm? His hair?

He'll cost us no end of goals. Worries me much more than the likes of Vestergaard. 

Il give it until next Monday for him to be responsible for a conceded goal.

Edited by adejo92

Left back should be VK/JJ tucking in and being defensive like last season - both their strengths lie in their defensive ability. 

Then Ricardo should be right-back all day long whenever he's fit, either inverting or have full-backs on both sides support a single pivot without going super high, and build in a 2-3-4-1 as opposed to 3-2-4-1. 

Surely Cooper can see this? 

Feels a bit muddled at the moment. Asking couple of players to do roles they're not as good at. It's like he has the same ideas as we did 2 years ago about some of this squad until we realised last season that others are better at performing in different capacities (Vestergaard, Ricardo, Ndidi being the obvious 3). 

Edited by pmcla26

I'm not one of the unofficial FT scouts, but IMO if the current three attacking players touted all come -- we might even stand half a chance of staying up! 🤞🍀🙏

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gloria said:

I'm not one of the unofficial FT scouts, but IMO if the current three attacking players touted all come -- we might even stand half a chance of staying up! 🤞🍀🙏

I’m of this opinion.

arguably we need a left back and a centre mid still. I have a feeling we will sit really deep in a lot of games though and attack using the front 3, which would explain the lack of creative midfielders signed/on the books.

for the love of god I hope I'm wrong about Winks and Ndidi but I don't think they'll be enough in midfield for this season. One of them hasn't had a decent Prem season yet and the other we all know isnt the same DM he used to be. 

Hopefully, Soumare out and someone else in.

• Like 1