Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Doesn't make sense though does it as we are being told we bid £25m for Soule and £23m for Fotis.

I trust Percy as well not to fall for any club antics if it's all a ruse.

I hope that I’m wrong it just feels very off doesn’t it?

I actually like the loan signing process as won’t lumber us with more Bouba’s etc.

If I am right (genuinely hope that I’m not) it makes the sponsorship deal even more diabolical too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Is he though? I remember when his contract was soon to expire there was a lot of talk about clubs being able to pick him up and yet there wasn't really much interest. He extended and he's getting back to the same spot again. I think Lyon just wanted to protect his value rather than actually liking the player.  He generally looks like a player with all the tricks but without the implementation. Even that highlights video shows him beating a man and then nothing, multiple times.  Maybe it's something he can be coached on, but he's always sort of struck me as a player who can do it all but doesn't know when to do it.  Like a blunted Adel Taraabt.  Mind you, he is still a kid really.

He's a player who has shown promise but has a lot to prove if he's going to move onto bigger and better.

He can be as good as he wants to be, World class potential even, but I think the best way to describe Cherki is “Frustratingly talented”. I think his form took a dip last season because I think he expected to move to PSG, they signed Barcola instead. Blanc, Grosso and to an extent Pierre Sage, really didn’t favour him last season, as if they saw him as some kind of liability with an attitude problem. Under Sage though he had some magnificent off the bench cameos, where you really saw the best of Rayan Cherki and what he’s all about. He has the ability to light up a game and be the best player on the pitch, while another game he’ll try far too hard to make things happen and frustrate. 

Doubt he’d be attainable though, one of Europe’s big guns will surely take a chance on him. 

24 minutes ago, lanefox said:

He'd have to crawl back and apologise to the fan base for how he spoke about us after he left

Chelsea have a squad of about 45 I believe! Wouldn't think Leicester could afford his wages particularly if Zaha is still a consideration. Fortunately Chilwell didn't manage to prevent the FA cup win

Think I'd give a kidney for us to be in for Cherki, but someone in Europe will take a punt on him.

Reminds me of Ben Arfa actually, massively talented but something not quite there to reach top level. Will suit being the big fish in a small pond somewhere 

10 minutes ago, Danno said:

200k a week for the softest fanny in football? No thanks

It's not the fact that it's Chilwell for me, it's more that since he left us has he really kicked on and had any consistent run of football? We would have to contribute towards big wages for a player we can't guarantee wouldn't get 2 games in and be out for 3-4 months 

32 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It's not the fact that it's Chilwell for me, it's more that since he left us has he really kicked on and had any consistent run of football? We would have to contribute towards big wages for a player we can't guarantee wouldn't get 2 games in and be out for 3-4 months 

I really don’t think we need to be concerned with the idea of Chilwell coming back to us - I doubt it’s a transfer either party are considering.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Goal and assist now for Hamer. Why have we tracked unrealistic transfers all summer. Surely this is easy to get over the line with his release clause.

Staying at Sheff Utd surely seems like a more attractive prospect than coming here right now if a straight choice you’d think….

• Sad 1

Just a list of potential attainable players that I think could  be decent additions and in the event we do go back down would give us a great foundation for the championship. 

Ziann Flamming - Millwall 

Gus Hamer -  Sheffield United 

Keane Lewis Potter - Brentford 

Tom Fellows - WBA

Mikey Johnston - Celtic 

Johnny Rowe - Norwich

James Hill - Bournemouth 

Alfie Doughty - Luton 

Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth

Tyrhs Dolan - Blackburn

Joel Piroe - Leeds 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just a list of potential attainable players that I think could  be decent additions and in the event we do go back down would give us a great foundation for the championship. 

Ziann Flamming - Millwall 

Gus Hamer -  Sheffield United 

Keane Lewis Potter - Brentford 

Tom Fellows - WBA

Mikey Johnston - Celtic 

Johnny Rowe - Norwich

James Hill - Bournemouth 

Alfie Doughty - Luton 

Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth

Tyrhs Dolan - Blackburn

Joel Piroe - Leeds 

Some good shouts there. Would particularly like Jonathan Rowe or Gus Hamer!

Unlikely I'm sure, but the rumours were that Harvey Barnes wasn't pushing for a move to Newcastle. Now we're back in the Prem and he's a sub up there, could he possibly be available on a loan? 

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.720bc0e02693b897b31b42e9af09ac28.png

DO IT!

Duran on loan, obligation to buy for £25mill if we stay up, under 21, no loan space taken. 

Whittaker £10mill

Rowe £7mill

Buo - Got him

Hamer £16mil

Keita £10-15mill? Who knows, Moore94 could tell you.

Okoli - Got him

Cornet and Spence - Ok not really arsed here but they both play fullback the way that suits Cooper and are both sitting out the seasons on their clubs benches at best, so might be a loan in the offing if we wanted one.  Or both.  Whatever.

I mean, adding these guys is not only staying up, they're going on a European tour next season.

• Like 1