Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Best part is we didn’t even have anything else lined up just in case. Only

link is Ayew.

Just buy the best young championship players ffs. They should come and will add squad value. Let’s be realistic and prepare for next year in terms of assets at least. If they perform will in the prem that’s a real bonus. WAKE UP!!! 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Staying at Sheff Utd surely seems like a more attractive prospect than coming here right now if a straight choice you’d think….

I was thinking this at the same time tbh 

Would anyone re-sign Marc to serve vardy for one last season still a great crosser to backup for Fatawu? Obviously not sure of this myself but the club are a bit lost this window so might be a Hail Mary. He still looked good last season but enzo didn't fancy him that much. He is a player that would fight as much to keep this club up can't see any other player than Marc and vards to fight as much as them in the club 

Edited by Future Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Future Fox said:

Would anyone re-sign Marc to serve vardy for one last season still a great crosser to backup for Fatawu? Obviously not sure of this myself but the club are a bit lost this window so might be a Hail Mary. He still looked good last season but enzo didn't fancy him that much.

No, sentiment won’t help us. I’d rather progress our youth than do that. I think he should go somewhere he’s going to play every week. He deserves to be playing.

Unless he was looking at getting into coaching then i’d take a punt on him for his experience around the players and let him learn his trade.

The advantage of not doing anything in the market, is that we can still salvage this. 

If we can get 3 very good additions in, all will be forgiven.  I think we are all just worried those additions will be Ayew, D fofana and cedric soares.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The advantage of not doing anything in the market, is that we can still salvage this. 

If we can get 3 very good additions in, all will be forgiven.  I think we are all just worried those additions will be Ayew, D fofana and cedric soares.

It’s crazy, but if we can just pick up a couple of points with our current squad then maybe, just maybe come the end of the window we might be one of the few clubs with money to spend and plenty of clubs needing to get players gone.

Its a long shot but by sheer luck we might have played a decent hand for once

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DezFox said:

Just buy the best young championship players ffs. They should come and will add squad value. Let’s be realistic and prepare for next year in terms of assets at least. If they perform will in the prem that’s a real bonus. WAKE UP!!! 

Our players already finished above everyone else in the Championship though :P

Only joking - I agree there are deals to be had in the Championship. Plenty of good young players in that division.

Unless the rumours have all been nonsense, it does seem like we do have some money to spend - and as frustrating as it is to be saying this at such a late stage of the window, we might even be waiting for one or two outgoings before committing to who we bring in.

I actually think the players we've brought in so far have been positive additions. Fingers crossed we have some more players lined up!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Only thing I've seen was about £11mill.

Don't know if that's anywhere near reality. It was said Blackburn wanted £20mill for Smodzics.

I read 20m but like you say people said the same about Smodzics.

He's mainly played as a RWer as well which isn't ideal.

Sometimes it's best to have s quiet window and not pack the squad just for the sake of it.

Realistically at this stage are we going to be able to bring in better than what we have with the budget we have without handing out big contracts?

Rather let this one pass us by and bring on the youth where we can and see where we are come January. 

Hopefully the potential points deduction will be sorted by then and we can then reassess.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Sometimes it's best to have s quiet window and not pack the squad just for the sake of it.

Realistically at this stage are we going to be able to bring in better than what we have with the budget we have without handing out big contracts?

Rather let this one pass us by and bring on the youth where we can and see where we are come January. 

Hopefully the potential points deduction will be sorted by then and we can then reassess.

Whilst I agree with this to a degree, I think we should have taken this opportunity to continue to recruit as if we were a very ambitious Championship side. If and when we go back down I'd not be surprised to see us placed with an immediate transfer embargo. We've very little asset value currently and wages remain too high.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whilst I agree with this to a degree, I think we should have taken this opportunity to continue to recruit as if we were a very ambitious Championship side. If and when we go back down I'd not be surprised to see us placed with an immediate transfer embargo. We've very little asset value currently and wages remain too high.

Wages are still way too high you are so right.

We are still carrying deadwood sucking millions of wages a year that are simply not good enough.

Wages have played a massive part in our recruitment this window.

We have missed out on potential signings because we have refused to go past certain ceilings for wages and hefty agents fees. 

Yes, this may have restricted us short term, but long term getting our house in order especially if we are destined to go back down is the right thing to do. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Scout well enough you don't have to break the bank, you have find the rough diamonds in the 5-10m bracket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Scout well enough you don't have to break the bank, you have find the rough diamonds in the 5-10m bracket.

I agree. Our scouting needs to step up.

We have to be looking  in that range. 

All well and good as long as you are not collecting worthless glass along the way.

EVERYONE is looking for the rough diamond they are not easy to find. 

If only it was that simple. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

All well and good as long as you are not collecting worthless glass along the way.

EVERYONE is looking for the rough diamond they are not easy to find. 

If only it was that simple. 

It not simple, but they are a lot easier to move on if they are crap then someone you paid 30m for.

Just because it's not easy doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Wages are still way too high you are so right.

We are still carrying deadwood sucking millions of wages a year that are simply not good enough.

Wages have played a massive part in our recruitment this window.

We have missed out on potential signings because we have refused to go past certain ceilings for wages and hefty agents fees. 

Yes, this may have restricted us short term, but long term getting our house in order especially if we are destined to go back down is the right thing to do. 

We gave deadwood, or soon to be deadwood, new multi year contracts this summer.