Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

9 minutes ago, kingpower said:

I think all parties are waiting 

Leicester - waiting for prices to go down as selling clubs are forced to sell either to balance the books or bring in new players themselves 

Selling Club - waiting for better offers

Player - waiting to see if a club in a better predicament than Leicester come in for him.

All points to a busy last few days of the window 

Agree very good post.It is risky and a poor start with a weakened squad won’t help with recruitment.                      .                        I’d rather get a couple of top championship players now than wait for last minute mediocre top flight loans on silly wages that won’t be available if we go down.

I looked at the Ipswich bench yesterday and it brought into focus just how much we need to do

55 minutes ago, kingpower said:

I think all parties are waiting 

Leicester - waiting for prices to go down as selling clubs are forced to sell either to balance the books or bring in new players themselves 

Selling Club - waiting for better offers

Player - waiting to see if a club in a better predicament than Leicester come in for him.

All points to a busy last few days of the window 

But in previous windows we've seen it too many times where we've failed to get deals done when the deadline approaches.

I have lost all faith in our club and don't expect us to recruit many/any decent players before the end of August.

Sousing Transfermrkt for approximation, so far we have signed

• Okoli on a 5 year contract 14m, or 2.8m in year
  • Fatawu on a 5 year contract 17m or 3.4m in year
  • Golding on a 4 year contract 5.9m, or 1.475min year
  • Cordova-Reid was a free agent

So outgoing this far are 36.9m or more relevant now, 7.675 in year, so not bad but it’s useless unless we really progress on an attacking front.

The new signings soon text was hopefully not just hopeful!

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sousing Transfermrkt for approximation, so far we have signed

• Okoli on a 5 year contract 14m, or 2.8m in year
  • Fatawu on a 5 year contract 17m or 3.4m in year
  • Golding on a 4 year contract 5.9m, or 1.475min year
  • Cordova-Reid was a free agent

So outgoing this far are 36.9m or more relevant now, 7.675 in year, so not bad but it’s useless unless we really progress on an attacking front.

The new signings soon text was hopefully not just hopeful!

That will also be in euros if from Transfermarkt so would be around £31.5m / £6.5m

• Like 1

Hermansen

Ricardo, Faes, Okoli, NEW LB

Winks, Skipp

Fatawu, NEW AM, Mavididi

NEW ST

Still wouldn't be happy with the centre backs but can't see us signing another one now, and as much as I would prefer Vestergaard ahead of those 2 I don't think he would be suited to a 2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Winks, Skipp

Fatawu, NEW AM, Mavididi

NEW ST

Still wouldn't be happy with the centre backs but can't see us signing another one now, and as much as I would prefer Vestergaard ahead of those 2 I don't think he would be suited to a 2

So many problems with this side isn’t there. Even if we get a proper decent new striker, can we even get the ball to him??

1 minute ago, KFS said:

So many problems with this side isn’t there. Even if we get a proper decent new striker, can we even get the ball to him??

We really need a new attacking midfielder that is a proper "special" signing

I like Buonanotte as a squad player but certainly not for starting for us every week

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Winks, Skipp

Fatawu, NEW AM, Mavididi

NEW ST

Agree with this, best case scenario it’s going to be at least one loan from those three positions. We need Premier League level ability to get goals and assists from all 3 of those players assuming we keep up with the attacking LB thing cooper was trying in pre season. All three will be expensive, it’ll be a minimum of one loan you’d think, in one of the two forward spots for sure. 

Best case scenario would be permanent LB and CAM with striker on loan I reckon, given current squad composition. Maybe one perm and two loans with an option/obligation on survival. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Agree with this, best case scenario it’s going to be at least one loan from those three positions. We need Premier League level ability to get goals and assists from all 3 of those players assuming we keep up with the attacking LB thing cooper was trying in pre season. All three will be expensive, it’ll be a minimum of one loan you’d think, in one of the two forward spots for sure. 

Best case scenario would be permanent LB and CAM with striker on loan I reckon, given current squad composition. 

I think this is the likely case

Probably end up being Fofana from Chelsea

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Winks, Skipp

Fatawu, NEW AM, Mavididi

NEW ST 

If you’ve got two sitting like Winks and Skipp that does give Vestergaard more cover - so maybe works - plus we might be pegged back in our own half more in which case space in behind us is less of an issue.

The other thing I think is important is to not just focus on the starting 11 you look at what we have.

Look at Ipswich yesterday - did great for 45 minutes, but then the effort started to tell and their changes weakened them further still.

You’re guaranteed to need to make changes in midfield, upfront and wide areas after the hour mark in order to keep up the level of intensity needed - making what you have outside of a starting 11 in those key positions just as important.

22 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just a list of potential attainable players that I think could  be decent additions and in the event we do go back down would give us a great foundation for the championship. 

Gus Hamer -  Sheffield United 

Mikey Johnston - Celtic 

Tyrhs Dolan - Blackburn

I like these whenever I've seen them, also Jack Clarke is better than anything we've got on the left

• Like 1

On 27/07/2024 at 17:53, kingfox said:

Been looking at attacking midfielders who chip in with good defensive work, Hwang In-beom of Red Star Belgrade showed up quite nicely. 

Along with good defensive work, he is also very versatile and has good technical ability. Supposedly some Premier League clubs have been looking at him, a snippet of what he’s capable of...

4 assists in 5 games so far this season. 

Creative, versatile and takes set pieces. 

Gerrimin! 

• Like 1