Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thierno Barry now has 8 goals in his opening 4 games of the season.

Wasn’t keen on him a few weeks ago because his lack of experience.

But looking around the leagues at strikers who fit a similar mould to Ioannidis and Hlozek, especially in terms of progressive running ability, there’s not a lot of them, but Thierno Barry shows up quite well in that regard, a player that I’m becoming more keen on tbh. 

Kevin Denkey - striker at Cercle Brugge - Only 23 and also only has 2 years left on his contract

2 goals and 1 assist in 4 league games so far this season - including 1 goal against Leuven today

27 goals and 2 assists in 38 league games for them last season - only 2 of his goals were penalties as well

image.png.fd0e971a9245a18d6c3658a27940fa9e.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Kevin Denkey - striker at Cercle Brugge - Only 23 and also only has 2 years left on his contract

2 goals and 1 assist in 4 league games so far this season - including 1 goal against Leuven today

27 goals and 2 assists in 38 league games for them last season - only 2 of his goals were penalties as well

image.png.fd0e971a9245a18d6c3658a27940fa9e.png

Very good shout. I see @StriderHiryu also mentioned him earlier. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very good shout. I see @StriderHiryu also mentioned him earlier. 

His stats are good, but I've got to be honest, he doesn't look like someone capable of leading the line for a Premier League team yet to me. It would be a gamble, same as Theirno Barry, etc, etc. Mo Amoura who went to Wolfsburg I think would have been good though.

One thing I will say about our recruitment is that we *didn't* go for Ben Bereton-Diaz, Cameron Archer or Sammie Szmodics. That to me is actually a good sign, because whilst I might be proven wrong, none of these guys scream "striker that keeps you up" to me. Are any of those better than Daka (even if he's injured)? Maybe they are better than Cannon, but it's hard to quantify. That said, if we end up with Datro Fofana from Chelsea, is that good enough? Probably not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His stats are good, but I've got to be honest, he doesn't look like someone capable of leading the line for a Premier League team yet to me. It would be a gamble, same as Theirno Barry, etc, etc. Mo Amoura who went to Wolfsburg I think would have been good though.

One thing I will say about our recruitment is that we *didn't* go for Ben Bereton-Diaz, Cameron Archer or Sammie Szmodics. That to me is actually a good sign, because whilst I might be proven wrong, none of these guys scream "striker that keeps you up" to me. Are any of those better than Daka (even if he's injured)? Maybe they are better than Cannon, but it's hard to quantify. That said, if we end up with Datro Fofana from Chelsea, is that good enough? Probably not.

I think Barry is destined for the top, this is his breakout season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think there will be a lot of competition for him.

Spain or Germany are his preferred destinations reportedly.

£10-12m I think would get him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One of Cooper's ex England U17 players Danny Loader (now called Danny Namaso) from Porto. Could see us making a move. We've been linked with him before too.

Not sure he's ready to make a difference for us.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One of Cooper's ex England U17 players Danny Loader (now called Danny Namaso) from Porto. Could see us making a move. We've been linked with him before too.

A name from the past.

He spent a few days at Woves years ago when he was a kid when I was doing a bit of contract work there.

I think the move broke down I can't quite remember why, but he was highly rated at the time.

Lost track of his progress I'll be honest. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

A name from the past.

He spent a few days at Woves years ago when he was a kid when I was doing a bit of contract work there.

I think the move broke down I can't quite remember why, but he was highly rated at the time.

Lost track of his progress I'll be honest. 

Yeah I'd lost track of him. He's featured a bit for Porto and Porto B in the last 3 seasons. He's getting in for them this season.