Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Nathan Fernandes from Gremio. 

I’ll never forgive the club for not making a move on Marcos Leonardo. If we had signed him instead of Daka, we would be in a different position now. 

Edited by Pliskin

Honestly would rather we had bid a bit more for Sara than spend £20m on Skipp

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/19/leicester-city-premier-league-ready-steve-cooper-summer/

Matías Soulé, the former Juventus No 10, was identified as a priority target by Cooper and the recruitment team.

Cooper spoke extensively with Soule about moving to England and, after a second improved bid of around £22 million, there was optimism that a deal could be struck.

However, the influence of Soule’s agent and his close links with Roma swung the deal in that direction to leave Leicester frustrated.

It can be revealed that Leicester submitted a £13 million bid for Gabriel Sara, the Norwich City midfielder. That offer was turned down and Sara has since moved to Galatasaray for a higher fee.

• Thanks 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Honestly would rather we had bid a bit more for Sara than spend £20m on Skipp

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/19/leicester-city-premier-league-ready-steve-cooper-summer/

Matías Soulé, the former Juventus No 10, was identified as a priority target by Cooper and the recruitment team.

Cooper spoke extensively with Soule about moving to England and, after a second improved bid of around £22 million, there was optimism that a deal could be struck.

However, the influence of Soule’s agent and his close links with Roma swung the deal in that direction to leave Leicester frustrated.

It can be revealed that Leicester submitted a £13 million bid for Gabriel Sara, the Norwich City midfielder. That offer was turned down and Sara has since moved to Galatasaray for a higher fee.

The Cooper effect

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll never forgive the club for not making a move on Marcos Leonardo. If we had signed him instead of Daka, we would be in a different position now. 

Marcus Leonardo is 21 now and we signed Daka four years ago. I think there's restrictions on signing players under 18 from Brazil so he couldn't have joined straight away and even if could how many 17 year olds are up to playing regularly in the Prem?

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thierno Barry now has 8 goals in his opening 4 games of the season.

21 hours ago, kingfox said:

Wasn’t keen on him a few weeks ago because his lack of experience.

But looking around the leagues at strikers who fit a similar mould to Ioannidis and Hlozek, especially in terms of progressive running ability, there’s not a lot of them, but Thierno Barry shows up quite well in that regard, a player that I’m becoming more keen on tbh. 

Can’t wait to see who we end up with

• Sad 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

Can’t wait to see who we end up with

Was just about to post myself, but nobody beats your speedy fingers lol 

My head says we’ll turn to David Datro Fofana :( 

• Like 1

Where's Cameron Puertas going to wash up then?

This is the guy I want most.

Get Puertas in, between him, Buonanotte and Alves, there's your missing creative no.10 we so desperately need since the departing KDH took up the role last season.

I'd even go as far to say that we could get in a lesser quality center forward, because Puertas would take the load off him.

This is where we should be spending the remaining budget.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Was just about to post myself, but nobody beats your speedy fingers lol 

My head says we’ll turn to David Datro Fofana :( 

Bargain. He will be be huge! Why can’t we see it. 

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get Puertas in, between him, Buonanotte and Alves, there's you missing creative no.10 we so desperately need since the departing KDH took up the role last season.

I'd even go as far to say that we could get in a lesser quality center forward, because Puertas would take the load off him.

This is where we should be spending the remain budget.

It was probs us but he don’t wanna come here that’s why it’s gone quiet. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get Puertas in, between him, Buonanotte and Alves, there's you missing creative no.10 we so desperately need since the departing KDH took up the role last season.

This is where we should be spending the remain budget.

It’s not just his creativity that catches my eye, his defensive numbers are excellent too, to produce 9 successful defensive actions and 9 defensive duels per90, for a player who can play as a 10 is ridiculous numbers, looking around at other attacking midfielders, nobody comes close to him in the defensive department. 

• Like 3