Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

It’s not just his creativity that catches my eye, his defensive numbers are excellent too, to produce 9 successful defensive actions and 9 defensive duels per90, for a player who can play as a 10 is ridiculous numbers, looking around at other attacking midfielders, nobody comes close to him in the defensive department. 

Exactly.

I reckon (after Skipp comes in) we've got a Freebie, a Loan and about a £16-18m player coming in. Puertas should be the one we pay for. Get whatever we can for Soumare to help balance the books, in terms of fee and wages, to do this:

A Freebie striker (I'd go for Mohamed Konate)

Cameron Puertas - £16-18m

A Left Back in on Loan - Seems to be loads of these options out there.

Now I've said all of this, definitely non of it will happen! :D

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Exactly.

I reckon (after Skipp comes in) we've got a Freebie, a Loan and about a £16-18m player coming in. Puertas should be the one we pay for. Get whatever we can for Soumare to help balance the books, in terms of fee and wages, to do this:

A Freebie striker (I'd go for Mohamed Konate)

Cameron Puertas - £16-18m

A Left Back in on Loan - Seems to be loads of these options out there.

Now I've said all of this, definitely non of it will happen! :D

I hope we’ve got enough money to spend on all three of those departments, I feel one could be a loan though, maybe at left-back or striker.

If the idea is to have a more industrious midfield, then Puertas is the missing ingredient for me, I’ll keep on praying lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Know it’s unlikely but if we have some spare cash I’d love for us to go for Chris Rigg from Sunderland, think he’s the next Wharton style player to come to the prem and come good very quickly 

they rave about him but haven't seen him myself

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Oliver Skipp and Bobby De Cordova Reid please, said no one, ever.

Wrong! I've heard the same club went for both! And spent upwards of £20,000,000 😬😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Where's Cameron Puertas going to wash up then?

This is the guy I want most.

Get Puertas in, between him, Buonanotte and Alves, there's your missing creative no.10 we so desperately need since the departing KDH took up the role last season.

I'd even go as far to say that we could get in a lesser quality center forward, because Puertas would take the load off him.

This is where we should be spending the remaining budget.

Was linked with Wolfsburg earlier in the window, so probaby there or another Bundesliga club.

As @moore_94 points out I don't get why we didn't prioritise the CAM position. Buonanotte could be the sauce, but expecting a 19 year old loan signing to carry you is a bit unfair. Even if Fatawu kind of did that last season.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was linked with Wolfsburg earlier in the window, so probaby there or another Bundesliga club.

As @moore_94 points out I don't get why we didn't prioritise the CAM position. Buonanotte could be the sauce, but expecting a 19 year old loan signing to carry you is a bit unfair. Even if Fatawu kind of did that last season.

A very possible reason why we haven’t could be due to lukewarm reactions we’ve been getting from players agents? 

Maybe we’ve decided that we can’t just go in and make the running on signings where there’s wider interest now - that we have to wait it out a bit and pick up players when those players options have fizzled out somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

£40 million pounds for a CDM and a centre back that probably isn't better than what we've already got.

We deserve every points deduction we end up with.

This is the long and short of it. 

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

A very possible reason why we haven’t could be due to lukewarm reactions we’ve been getting from players agents? 

Maybe we’ve decided that we can’t just go in and make the running on signings where there’s wider interest now - that we have to wait it out a bit and pick up players when those players options have fizzled out somewhat.

Agent to player: "What do you mean you DON'T want to join a club whose manager and best player have left,  whose fans are angry and despondent and who are likely to get a huge points penalty and want you to take a wage cut if you get relegated?!"

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Agent to player: "What do you mean you DON'T want to join a club whose manager and best player have left,  whose fans are angry and despondent and who are likely to get a huge points penalty and want you to take a wage cut if you get relegated?!"

There is no doubt this would have been a very different window had Enzo still been in charge. 

We’d have successfully signed Soule for a start! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There is no doubt this would have been a very different window had Enzo still been in charge. 

We’d have successfully signed Soule for a start! 

Yeah, get the impression that the board aren't pulling out all the stops for Cooper that they would have done for Enzo given the genuine threat he might leave the club (and the fact he did go to Chelsea reinforces that). 

I get the reasoning for focusing on PL experience, especially given all the issues we've had this summer getting players over the line, but as we saw with Skipp, it's so much more expensive. 

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yeah, get the impression that the board aren't pulling out all the stops for Cooper that they would have done for Enzo given the genuine threat he might leave the club (and the fact he did go to Chelsea reinforces that). 

I get the reasoning for focusing on PL experience, especially given all the issues we've had this summer getting players over the line, but as we saw with Skipp, it's so much more expensive. 

No, my point was down to the pull factor a manager has.

As part of the signing process, a manager is going to have some sort of chat with the player themselves - explain what they like about them, how they fit into the team, that sort of thing.

Most players outside of the UK won’t have a clue who Cooper is.

forest have apparently bid for Santiago Gimenez, someone we were linked with before and have scouted. 25m euros bid rejected though so maybe to expensive for us?

Statistic Per 90 Percentile
Non-Penalty Goals 0.85

npxG: Non-Penalty xG 0.77

Shots Total 4.05

Assists 0.26

xAG: Exp. Assisted Goals 0.20

npxG + xAG 0.97

Shot-Creating Actions 2.65

Passes Attempted 15.00

Pass Completion % 67.1%

Progressive Passes 1.33

Progressive Carries 1.70