Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Our transfer business has been poor, so far we've wasted £45 million on 3 back-ups when it's been obvious from last season we desperately need a striker to help Vardy.

IMO we should have spent all this money on a striker.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trooky said:

Our transfer business has been poor, so far we've wasted £45 million on 3 back-ups when it's been obvious from last season we desperately need a striker to help Vardy.

I agree it’s been bang average if not really poor but we definitely should not have spent it all on a striker we should have however bought 3 starters who add quality and been better value - we have for some reason seemed to have just bought mediocre players - low risk, experienced but limited players……..really under whelming but a bit like our management appointment so so strange compared to the last 10 years of running the club when we seem to have been innovative. We will have wasted an instant promotion and we will have to rebuild again next season in the championship and sadly it will have been a missed opportunity and the gap will grow even wider and maybe it will take 5 years to get back this time !

I think there could be one or two last minute twists this summer. With claims in The Sun regarding the sale of Tom Cannon I’m thinking there will be one final push for a striker and possibly CAM. 

Edited by Edingleyfox

5 hours ago, trooky said:

What striker worth £45mill is coming to us then?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

Not in the squad at all. Loan with option to buy?

A loan maybe but I wouldn't bother with an option to buy on him because his wages are ridiculous especially for someone who has done barely anything as a senior player so far

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

What striker worth £45mill is coming to us then?

Bournemouth have just signed Evanilson from Porto, so there are the players out there that will come here

8 minutes ago, trooky said:

Bournemouth have just signed Evanilson from Porto, so there are the players out there that will come here

Unfortunately, we are no longer on Bournemouth's level. We need a few years established in the PL at least before that starts being possible again.

Potential is probably our best avenue, rather than proven quality.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to take a pumt on Jota if we are after a winger. He was incredible at Celtic, moved to Saudi and iys pretty much been a disaster since the minute he walked through the door. 

Im not sure exactly what's happened but I believe they left him unregistered weeks after joining and he's only played about 16 games since. 

He's desperate to leave, I think they are desperate to sell and he's still only 25. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, lookwhaticando said:

Ward-Prowse surplus to requirements at West Ham?

We were rumoured to be interested a few years ago, or did I imagine that?

He was hot property a couple of years ago and I doubt his ability has declined, but I sure know we’ve lowered our standards! Id definitely buy if the price ( and wages) were right.. alternatively, a loan would be ideal..

6 hours ago, kingfox said:

You jumping on the Sindre Walle Egeli hype train yet @Ric Flair

Could probably get him for less than double what we paid for Ayew as well. Looks breathtaking.

Where's Sverre Nypan going to end up? Such an easy £40-50m player in the next few years.