Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

This is what Tanner said, doesn’t say the club aren’t getting anyone else? 

“Leicester have been widely tipped to bring in a central striker but Jordan Ayew’s performance as a number nine in the Carabao Cup win over Tranmere Rovers could ease the pressure to bring one in.”

Said it on RL 

• Sad 1

After seeing his name in passing earlier and having thought on it, I e convinced myself that Max Cornet would be perfect for us. 

Primarily playing in that attacking LB role that Cooper likes to play, he would be ideal given that he's played a substantial amount of games at LB, LWB and LW. 

He would also, IMO immediately be first choice back up on either flank AND has played a lot of games as a striker and secondary striker so offers option ther too. He would heavily increase our depth instantly. 

He is in his prime at 27, is left footed which we lack in the squad and West Ham don't seem to want him so should be reasonably priced... 

Him and a striker please Mr.Rudkin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

After seeing his name in passing earlier and having thought on it, I e convinced myself that Max Cornet would be perfect for us. 

Primarily playing in that attacking LB role that Cooper likes to play, he would be ideal given that he's played a substantial amount of games at LB, LWB and LW. 

He would also, IMO immediately be first choice back up on either flank AND has played a lot of games as a striker and secondary striker so offers option ther too. He would heavily increase our depth instantly. 

He is in his prime at 27, is left footed which we lack in the squad and West Ham don't seem to want him so should be reasonably priced... 

Cornet going Southampton 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The man lives in an offside position. West Han fans are convinced he doesn’t even know the rule. lol

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

“Leicester have been widely tipped to bring in a central striker but Jordan Ayew’s performance as a number nine in the Carabao Cup win over Tranmere Rovers could ease the pressure to bring one in.”

After a long range strike against a 43 year old goalkeeper. This club is amazing. 

But then again, Tanner is as clued up as a stick. 

Edited by Pliskin

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, FLAN said:

Tanner reckons not working on any other incoming deals other than the Moroccan. What a clown show 

That may be the case but as I've said before Tanner hasn't got a clue. We've spent 50m since he wrote an article that said we only had 10m to spend.

I want a Jaimie Vardy-esque striker from the lower leagues to keep us marketable and competitive... I thought we were going to get that through the form of Sammie Szmodics, but that wasn't the case and many discriminated against him because of his past form. Went to Ipswich Town and scored on his debut start against the Champions, Manchester City. Wish we had been more proactive in getting him.

54 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

That may be the case but as I've said before Tanner hasn't got a clue. We've spent 50m since he wrote an article that said we only had 10m to spend.

I think most of what he says/writes is just his own opinion and interpretation of situations. Too be far given our past history regards deadline day, I wouldn’t be shocked if today ends up being a damp squib in terms of incomings. I hope that isn’t the case but unless we shift 3 or 4 (Thomas, Soumare, Iverson/Ward and Cannon) then I can’t see much incoming business. 

Hopefully we will see a couple more outgoing loans for Nelson and Alves. 

35 minutes ago, Iran said:

I want a Jaimie Vardy-esque striker from the lower leagues to keep us marketable and competitive... I thought we were going to get that through the form of Sammie Szmodics, but that wasn't the case and many discriminated against him because of his past form. Went to Ipswich Town and scored on his debut start against the Champions, Manchester City. Wish we had been more proactive in getting him.

Any striker we buy will be a gamble. There are very few good ones around - even the top six clubs struggle to recruit effectively in that part of the pitch. Our best hope is to take a punt on somebody from the Championship or overseas and hope they can step up. And as today is the last day in the window, our most likely route to achieving that will be to target a player at a club that is happy to take Tom Cannon as a makeweight. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

El Kaabi might fancy one final payday, he’s 31 now, but proven goal scorer, sunk Villa in Europe not long ago. National team link with El Khannouss. Big risk though.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Fair enough. That Tranmere team were an excellent barometer for the quality of teams we'll face in the PL this season.