Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Advocated for Ioannidis for a while, but could we be priced out 😕

I can't see us spending anything like that this window, which is a shame as he looks like a very exciting player. It's both depressing and worrying that Ipswich are able to spunk that amount on a player though, it just hammers home staying up this season will be.

I saw on Reddit that a Premier League club were willing to pay the 4M release clause for David Mella, a Spanish U21 player who plays for Deportivo. That could well be us, as less than 10M is where I expect to see us operate, we could do with rotation options from the bench, and he'd both be good in the Championship and probably willing to play there if the wages are good.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I can't see us spending anything like that this window, which is a shame as he looks like a very exciting player. It's both depressing and worrying that Ipswich are able to spunk that amount on a player though, it just hammers home staying up this season will be.

I saw on Reddit that a Premier League club were willing to pay the 4M release clause for David Mella, a Spanish U21 player who plays for Deportivo. That could well be us, as less than 10M is where I expect to see us operate, we could do with rotation options from the bench, and he'd both be good in the Championship and probably willing to play there if the wages are good.

Would line up with talksport saying we had signings lined up once Cooper joined as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ioannidis was rumoured to be potentially available for £15 million a few months back, but that’s clearly not the case now as Panathinaikos want £25 million plus. Would love for us to be that rumoured other Premier League team, but as you say, for that price I can’t see it. 

If the idea is to go with a big physical striker like a lot of teams do nowadays, then there’s a handful that fit that mould who unfortunately will probably cost too much. 

I can see us either going for Abraham or Hlozek for either a cut price or loan to buy option. 

As for Mella, we definitely need some competition on the wings, but I think you can guess who that rumoured Premier League team is :whistle: (Unless you’ve already googled him lol)

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Shock..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Shock..

Brighton no surprise, but they aren’t in Europe and he’d get more game time here. If we put in a relegation release clause we could compete, with Fatawu the example of what could happen. 

I won’t get my hopes up but he fits the criteria of:

- Cheap

- Young / not older than 26

- Potential high resale value

- Technical

Whoever we sign, I expect them to fit that list of requirements. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

And is he actually worth it?

I think he would be good value, he is a quality player arguably in the wrong team, I think if Cooper wants him he would be a great addition and I don’t think he would be ridiculously expensive in terms of fee or wages. 

plus if we do go down he is a player ideally suited to help us get back up. 

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

Advocated for Ioannidis for a while, but could we be priced out 😕

Hmm.....20m bid from Bologna?

The same Bologna that is pleading poverty over Kristiansen?

5 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I can see us going in for Joel Piroe if we decide to go for another striker especially if we move on Daka or Cannon goes out on loan. 

Piroe signed for Swansea on 2nd July 2021 and Cooper only left on 21st July that same year so highly likely he was involved in the recruitment. 

We have previously held an interest and given Leeds didn’t come up, it wouldn’t surprise me if we rekindle our interest plus he offers something very different from our current strikers 

The same Joel Piroe that many Leeds fans consider to be the biggest flop of the season? No chance he's ready for PL football, needs at least 2-3 seasons in the championship to reach that level, if he ever even gets there.

Players who I believe could be available cheap and could do a job. 

Kante - £10m allegedly, would need the biggest wage cut in history though

Soyuncu - £8m, bring him home, if he had been played in the last prem season from the start, I think we stay up. Loan with a buy option if we stay up. 
Renato Sanches - On the books at PSG but looks likely to go out on loan again, was at Roma last season and PSG paid most of his wages.
Clement Lenglet - Was on loan at Villa last season, 14 appearances in a very competitive side, could be a cheap loan. 
Kalvin Phillips - This one is a big IF, had a horrendous time since signing for City but if we got a tune out of him he's a very good midfielder. Loads of question marks. 

Daichi Kamada - Unfortunately likely to go to palace (palace will be next seasons dark horse) 

Kieren Tierney - Good Left Back option if Kristiansen decides he wants to go. 
David Carmo - Linked with him already, left footed CB, £15m 

Djed Spence - Thrived under Cooper, unwanted by Spurs. Loan with buy option. 

Joe Rodon - Linked with us last couple of days, played for Cooper at Swansea, Loan from spurs. 
Said Benrahma - Lots of question marks on this one, but he's a lively player that can play in the middle if needed, doesn't score enough but he's a player that would open space for Fatawu/Mavididi on the wings. Loan.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Soyuncu - £8m, bring him home, if he had been played in the last prem season from the start, I think we stay up. Loan with a buy option if we stay up. 
Renato Sanches - On the books at PSG but looks likely to go out on loan again, was at Roma last season and PSG paid most of his wages.
Clement Lenglet - Was on loan at Villa last season, 14 appearances in a very competitive side, could be a cheap loan. 
Kalvin Phillips - This one is a big IF, had a horrendous time since signing for City but if we got a tune out of him he's a very good midfielder. Loads of question marks. 

Daichi Kamada - Unfortunately likely to go to palace (palace will be next seasons dark horse) 

Joe Rodon - Linked with us last couple of days, played for Cooper at Swansea, Loan from spurs. 
Said Benrahma - Lots of question marks on this one, but he's a lively player that can play in the middle if needed, doesn't score enough but he's a player that would open space for Fatawu/Mavididi on the wings. Loan.

Either no or not happening to every single one of those, pal. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Doubt any of those players would want to come here tbh, let alone the wages we probably cannot afford.

Phillips could be a good player for us, if we could get a tune out of him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Brereton on loan with option to buy

7 goal contributions in 14 PL games last season for Sheff Utd is a very good return

As a squad option I think he's worth a look, a different sort of option to Mav on the left and capable of playing up front.  Villareal would likely be keen too as a decent loan gets them shop window for Premier League money.  The only issue from his and their side is playing time in order to put himself in that shop window.

• Like 2

Wan-Bissaka in advanced talks with Galatasaray, rumoured to be £10-15m. 
Surely he could offer us a longer term replacement for Ricardo? 

Obviously his time at United has been off but the majority of players who have signed for them have struggled given what a poisoned chalice it’s been. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Obviously his time at United has been off but the majority of players who have signed for them have struggled given what a poisoned chalice it’s been. 

Would be on silly money. 

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Would be on silly money. 

I thought the same, articles suggest he’s on 90k a week, but Galatasaray have offered him 50k a week. I’d imagine it would be closer to 65-70k a week which is a lot but if we could get that sort of deal with a relegation clause it could be affordable. 

of course this is all speculation, knowing United he’s probably on 300k a week 😂

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Awful player. Waste of money. Doesn't improve our side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We've clearly needed upwards of 3-4 central midfielders this summer and now we have our manager we can look to see what type those midfielders might be.

We need another defensive midfielder but if Cooper is going to play with two deep lying centre mids then I'd like to see a player who's decent at winning the ball and either creating or getting in the box on occasion to score.

I think we should go back in for Ao Tanaka from Dusseldorf. His contract is up next summer, they've once again failed to get promoted and ought to be available for a reasonable fee.

He's come off the back of a very good season with 8 goals and 4 assists as he's played slightly more advanced than previous. I like players who could be deployed deeper or further forward and be comfortable.

He's also got 4 goals in the last year for Japan too so he's really developing going forward.

At least one, maybe two ball winning midfielders are an absolute must mate. 

As I posted on the Cooper tactics thread yesterday, both at Swansea and Forest, he’s had midfielders who put in the work defensively, Grimes and Fulton during his time at Swansea ranked quite high for tackles and interceptions per game. 

Sticking with the German theme, he’s recently extended his contract so could be a difficult deal to do, but I like the look of Rocco Reitz at Gladbach, 6 goals, 3 assists last season. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5143361/2023/12/18/eurowatch-rocco-reitz-monchengladbach/ (This may or may not work)

9-D179638-2-B37-4-C4-F-B8-F3-562-D4329-D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We've clearly needed upwards of 3-4 central midfielders this summer and now we have our manager we can look to see what type those midfielders might be.

We need another defensive midfielder but if Cooper is going to play with two deep lying centre mids then I'd like to see a player who's decent at winning the ball and either creating or getting in the box on occasion to score.

I think we should go back in for Ao Tanaka from Dusseldorf. His contract is up next summer, they've once again failed to get promoted and ought to be available for a reasonable fee.

He's come off the back of a very good season with 8 goals and 4 assists as he's played slightly more advanced than previous. I like players who could be deployed deeper or further forward and be comfortable.

He's also got 4 goals in the last year for Japan too so he's really developing going forward.

I’m afraid this is a very good shout but this board simply won’t have heard of him.

They’ll be pressing for Longstaff, McNair or N,Zonzi 😂