Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

On 27/06/2024 at 23:25, lfu said:

Emile Smith-Rowe wants to leave Arsenal

Villa, Palace and Fulham are rumoured (so obviously that rules us out) but maybe he can be persuaded to reunite with his old England U17 manager Coops 🤔

Really like him but he's made of glass. He's missed over 125 matches due to injury at age 23. 
Would be a big risk for us unless we can get him for sub £10m. 

image.thumb.png.338605f9bd2c2f7ebafcf794c5812063.png

• Like 3

Am I being naive in thinking if we have avoided breaching ffp after the sale of KDH. And with a new 3 year accounting period starting from today, will we be able to spend a decent sum of money this summer? 

2 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

Am I being naive in thinking if we have avoided breaching ffp after the sale of KDH. And with a new 3 year accounting period starting from today, will we be able to spend a decent sum of money this summer? 

I believe it's a rolling 3 years, so whatever we do this season needs to balance out with the last two seasons as well. Including a season in the championship which reduces your allowed losses from 105m to about 85m

15 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Really like him but he's made of glass. He's missed over 125 matches due to injury at age 23. 
Would be a big risk for us unless we can get him for sub £10m. 

image.thumb.png.338605f9bd2c2f7ebafcf794c5812063.png

Smith Rowe wouldn't go for anything under 30million

Not a prayer 

21 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I believe it's a rolling 3 years, so whatever we do this season needs to balance out with the last two seasons as well. Including a season in the championship which reduces your allowed losses from 105m to about 85m

ahhh fair enough. So the last 3 year period dictates what you can lose in the next 3 years period?  

My final more obscure shout to replace KDH, should fit the £10-15 million bracket. 

With our Belgian connections. Hong Hyun-seok - Gent. 

A couple of his statistics don’t jump out; however after going through his creative passing from last season, I’ve fallen in love. This guys intelligence is top notch. 

Can play as a 10, but also likes to play deeper in the right and left sided central midfield slots. Would give us the option of playing with a 10 or two 8’s like we saw last season. 
910-BF1-E2-F368-45-E0-948-F-49-D65067472

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

My final more obscure shout to replace KDH, should fit the £10-15 million bracket. 

With our Belgian connections. Hong Hyun-seok - Gent. 

A couple of his statistics don’t jump out; however after going through his creative passing from last season, I’ve fallen in love. This guys intelligence is top notch. 

Can play as a 10, but also likes to play deeper in the right and left sided central midfield slots. Would give us the option of playing with a 10 or two 8’s like we saw last season. 
910-BF1-E2-F368-45-E0-948-F-49-D65067472

AO TANAKA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Cameron Puertas.

IMG_6302.jpeg

This is one I've had my eye on too as another CAM.

Only issue is that Union SG are owned by the Brighton owner so I feel like they will always have first dibs on their players. They have quite a few players I think would be good for us; Mo Amoura their striker is rapid and got 18 goals last season. Noah Sadiki is a really promising CDM. They have a few more talents coming through too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Cameron Puertas.

IMG_6302.jpeg

Mentioned him the other day. He also takes set pieces which would be handy with Andrew Hughes supposedly coming in. 

But as Strider just referenced, with Union SG and Brighton’s connections, after the KDH debacle, they might tell us to piss off lol 

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lcfcokay said:

ahhh fair enough. So the last 3 year period dictates what you can lose in the next 3 years period?  

Not quite, you need to consider the current season and your previous 2 seasons. So what we do this season (24/25) will be included in the calculation along with the past 2 (22/23 & 23/24). so if we have huge losses in one of those three seasons the other two years need to balance it out. So selling KDH apparently makes us compliant for the period 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24. But whatever we spend this coming season will be used to calculate losses for 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25. So the big losses we had in 22/23 are likely to affect us for a couple of seasons. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Reuell Walters has left Arsenal in search of first team football. Could be a shrewd pick-up on a free transfer to give us a little extra coverage at right back. England u/20 international and not a player Arsenal wanted to walk away.

Ricardo / Walters and Justin / Kristiansen could be good full back options if we're on a really tight budget.

Great shout, I suggested him a while back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

My ideal replacement for KDH has to be Matt O’Riley, more on the pricey side but would be perfect. 

I agree with you and we've had an interest for a long time. But it looks like he is going to Southampton as he used to play under Martin for MK Dons.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lcfcokay said:

It's rolling years so it's not necessarily a "new" period. But it definitely does get a little bit healthier every year. 

We probably still have at least another year or two of pain and consolidation though frankly. 

I wouldn't expect us to spend billions. Although the squad is so thin we clearly have to do something, we have basically zero midfield for a start. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with you and we've had an interest for a long time. But it looks like he is going to Southampton as he used to play under Martin for MK Dons.

Is he seriously, that's huge for them.

I thought he'd be off to Europe league chasing team somewhere if I'm honest. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Is he seriously, that's huge for them.

I thought he'd be off to Europe league chasing team somewhere if I'm honest. 

Yep Atletico were interested in him in January but signed Vermalen instead. Looks more than good enough to me to play in Europe, but I'm kind of shocked he didn't make the Denmark European squad, so not sure what's up there.

Southampton punching well above their weight but given that the player and manager go way back, you can understand why the player would trust in the manager that gave him his big break.

I guess that means that through Cooper we can look forward to seeing... Djed Spence? :ph34r:

• Sad 1

Time to spam this thread with some defensive midfielders. 

If we can’t get Florentino and after mentioning Mandela Keita, Mathias Delorge, Ben Sheaf and Rocco Reitz, here’s some other possibilities...

Honourable mention to Ismail Yuksek of Fenerbahce, but his FBREF stats are flawed so won’t post...

E17581-EA-B7-DF-4-B46-879-D-068-ADBB4-B4823-C20-E8-86-B1-4694-808-B-8-DF84-E8-B9
D366246-C-E8-BC-4099-A127-DAC7-B01024-C4058-F01-F2-B2-CF-4565-87-D0-CA90-D4-B43-

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Time to spam this thread with some defensive midfielders. 

If we can’t get Florentino and after mentioning Mandela Keita, Mathias Delorge, Ben Sheaf and Rocco Reitz, here’s some other possibilities...

Honourable mention to Ismail Yuksek of Fenerbahce, but his FBREF stats are flawed so won’t post...

E17581-EA-B7-DF-4-B46-879-D-068-ADBB4-B4823-C20-E8-86-B1-4694-808-B-8-DF84-E8-B9
D366246-C-E8-BC-4099-A127-DAC7-B01024-C4058-F01-F2-B2-CF-4565-87-D0-CA90-D4-B43-

Stephen Eustáquio (Porto)

image.png.2cd2f07d6c5136423f391e55e0b480c7.png
Dimitri Bisoli (Brescia)
 image.png.46edc849a21c013f2f5725ae9127ef33.png
Bryan Heynen (Genk)
image.png.8e0e8aa19d9bb34561ece69fadf6d65e.png
Leonardo da Silvo Lopes (Cercle Brugge)
image.png.e9e2fa81450d3cd92fcc731a6ac683c4.png
Stanko Jurić (Real Valldolid)
image.png.6a62b93c0ab106a1ad89d15db10df931.png
Tomás Belmonte (Deportivo Toluca) just moved to Boca Juniors for £3m but including him because I'd already taken the screenshot 
image.png.61645fd09c412a0bf2153bef7124f547.png

Edited by lfu
  • Like 1