Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Had a good look at this player as a potentially cheap LW option a few months back. 

Helio Varela - Portimonense

Rapid pace, excellent dribbler in 1 vs 1 situations and physically strong. He is like Lloyd Dyer on steroids. 

A good thread on him here...

The fact we missed out on Dario Osario who's gone on to do very well, I really wish we'd have a look at Alexander Aravena.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact we missed out on Dario Osario who's gone on to do very well, I really wish we'd have a look at Alexander Aravena.

First off, it’s going to take me about a year to get used to your new display pic lol 

As I’ve mentioned before, I still think Osario is gettable for £10-15 million, but of course it would have been nice to get him for the fee that Midtjylland paid. 

And as you’re about Ric, as you’ve been looking at the J1 League, I came across this lad last night after looking through dribbling statistics, he was recently voted best young player for the month of May...

• Like 3

Just now, -sodapop said:

If we could get him for a decent price, how would people feel about Scott McTominay?

Admire his qualities very much, but reckon he'll want a club who is challenging for trophies.

2 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

If we could get him for a decent price, how would people feel about Scott McTominay?

I think he’s a much better player than United fans give him credit for - maybe not in technical ability, but in terms of coming up big in key moments.

7 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Can’t see that happening, but would love him here, just the kind of player we need. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh man don't we all, I wanted Aravena over Osorio when we were linked, the fact he'd gone away from Catolica to a smaller side on loan in 2022 and done the business being a huge reason. Also Sunderland were linked at some point, so our club can get to **** if we haven't looked at him

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Posted this kid a load before and he's been heavily linked to the City Group and joining Girona but still doesn't seem to of gone anywhere so make it happen Jon

Failing that fall back on this lad

Edited by Tommy Fresh

I think @Ric Flair suggested him previously but I think Steven Alzate would be a shrewd piece of business on a free, can play CDM, CM and AM has premier league experience would bring some very good squad depth and rotation options in a an area where we look light currently. 

He is currently on Sky Sports News talking about being out of contract. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

First off, it’s going to take me about a year to get used to your new display pic lol 

As I’ve mentioned before, I still think Osario is gettable for £10-15 million, but of course it would have been nice to get him for the fee that Midtjylland paid. 

And as you’re about Ric, as you’ve been looking at the J1 League, I came across this lad last night after looking through dribbling statistics, he was recently voted best young player for the month of May...

They're a team to be scouring to be honest pal, several weeks ago I was looking at J League attacking midfielders and Matsuki and Araki look destined for Europe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Am I misremembering or was there an article when Cooper was announced saying we wanted him tied up asap as we had signings ready to be announced? Where have they gone? lol

reason is Rudkin's typewriter has run out of ink and Rymans is shut

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They're a team to be scouring to be honest pal, several weeks ago I was looking at J League attacking midfielders and Matsuki and Araki look destined for Europe.

Came across Matsuki a while back mate, think I mentioned him on that “We must sign a Japanese player” thread that someone created lol 

I very much agree he’ll end up in Europe sooner rather than later, but no doubt it will either be Belgium or Holland lol 

• Like 1

I know he's a pricey signing, and maybe an area we don't desperately need (if Ndidi renews), but Florentino Luis seems like someone we should go all out for.

Could really elevate our team with the defensive numbers he puts up. I did read somewhere that Cooper likes to play a flat midfield trio, with 3 defensive midfielders.

So maybe Ndidi - Luis - Winks.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Get Alzate in 

I'd be up for this. He's a very good technical midfielder. 

Needs to be a little stronger, apparently, but he's Columbian, so that can be taught into him.

It's a common misconception that he's an attacking midfielder - he's not. He's more like Winks - a position we need back-up in!

A free transfer, medium wage, knows the Premier league, back up for Winks, International, good age, probably would accept a two year deal with potential extension..... what's not to like!

Gerrrimmmin. Show him some love and he'll perform for us.

Two players I'd like to see sign are Ryan Sessegnon and Brereton Diaz. Neither are particularly eye-catching on their own but both would offer a very good balance on that left hand side. 

With those two, VK, JJ and Mavadidi you have options. You have more traditional LBs that can play as a back 4 like JJ and VK. You have Wingbacks that offer a more attacking threat like Sessegnon and VK, you have wingers that can stay wide like Sessegnon and Mav and you have players that can cut in as inide forwards like Diaz and Mavididi. You also have Brereton Diaz offering cover as a striker. 

I think it offers options and flexibility at a good standard without costing much at all. One is free the other seems to be going for around 6/7m. 

• Like 1

Considering our love in with CAA. I’d be suprised if we don’t go for spence. Also interesting to see if we go for Samuel ricci, a player we get linked with fairly often over the last few years.

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

PL experience then.. Who we thinking?

I wouldn’t be against signing two or three experienced players who can help with the leadership side on a free (or a few million max) on a one or two year deal. But most of our money should be going for players abroad who are 25 or under.

That said I’m not sure how many experienced players who have played in the premier league are available for free or a few million at this moment of time :dunno:

I’d hate us to sign players like Longstaff for 20 million and a five year contract for example.

• Like 1

We have Ricardo, Vesty, Coady, Winks, Vardy all have lots of Prem experience. Faes has a bit, Hamza has a decent amount. And then there's Ward!

We may retain Wilf, so possibly a bit more there too.

That's 4 or 5 starters all with experience.  Don't really need any more do we?

Interestingly Skysports lists Martin Keown (as well as others) in our squad, so that's loads of Premier League experience. https://www.skysports.com/leicester-city-squad