Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be all over this. Very similar to Soule, he got relegated from a top 5 European league but was their standout player. 

Arribas goals and assists were 22 vs Soule of 14.

One is costing €20m vs €30m

Transfermarkt says they both got 14 g+a last season.

I think we are now short:

Striker - where we are reportedly looking at Adebayo (sic) and Weghorst so we are clearly going for Plan B strikers to add to what we have.

Left Back - where no one has been mentioned so he must be giving Kristiansen a chance.

Attacking midfield - where Soule, Reiss Nelson, O'Riley and Saelemaekers have been mentioned and it remains to be seen if Alves or McAteer will feature or go on loan. 

I'd be over the moon with the other Luton player Carlton Morris, Reiss Nelson and  one of O'Riley or Saelemaekers. Plus us keeping hold of Alves and McAteer if we can't get exactly who we want (they don't add to the numbers). 

I'd expect us also to go for a dependable CDM if any of Soumare, Choudhury or Braybrooke leave or go on loan after Ndidi and Winks we are threadbare.

I wouldn't be annoyed if we started the season. 

Hermansen

Faes Coady

Ricardo Ndidi  Winks Kristiansen

Fatawu Alves Mavididi

Vardy

or in a 3 

Hermansen

Coady Vestegaard Faes

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi Alves Mavididi

Vardy

Was going to say Cameron Archer but had no idea Villa had resigned him as well . Bad move for him giving up regular first team football to sit on the bench. 

Emi Buendia on loan if we’re struggling for a 10? Cant imagine he’ll be getting a look in at Villa now

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Was going to say Cameron Archer but had no idea Villa had resigned him as well . Bad move for him giving up regular first team football to sit on the bench. 

Emi Buendia on loan if we’re struggling for a 10? Cant imagine he’ll be getting a look in at Villa now

It was a clause in Villas deal with Sheffield United that they had to buy him back if they went down. He’ll probably be on the move again, unless Jhon Duran goes. 

58 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I think we are now short:

Striker - where we are reportedly looking at Adebayo (sic) and Weghorst so we are clearly going for Plan B strikers to add to what we have.

Left Back - where no one has been mentioned so he must be giving Kristiansen a chance.

Attacking midfield - where Soule, Reiss Nelson, O'Riley and Saelemaekers have been mentioned and it remains to be seen if Alves or McAteer will feature or go on loan. 

I'd be over the moon with the other Luton player Carlton Morris, Reiss Nelson and  one of O'Riley or Saelemaekers. Plus us keeping hold of Alves and McAteer if we can't get exactly who we want (they don't add to the numbers). 

I'd expect us also to go for a dependable CDM if any of Soumare, Choudhury or Braybrooke leave or go on loan after Ndidi and Winks we are threadbare.

I wouldn't be annoyed if we started the season. 

Hermansen

Faes Coady

Ricardo Ndidi  Winks Kristiansen

Fatawu Alves Mavididi

Vardy

or in a 3 

Hermansen

Coady Vestegaard Faes

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi Alves Mavididi

Vardy

I stand by the fact if you have Coady and Vesty In the same defence in the premier league we will get relegated. Not based of quality but we would get out done in the speed department everytime. 

Also, people need to lower their expectations on Alves. He’s young and played barely any minutes of men’s football. Let him find his feet first, the most important aspect with him is to get him tied down to a new long term contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Any danger of Carvalho getting a look in at Liverpool this season? if not, gotta be after him!

If he’s available we should be all over it! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Any danger of Carvalho getting a look in at Liverpool this season? if not, gotta be after him!

He's on their tour as Slot wants to check out his options.  So we'll all have to wait on that one.

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Nicolas Pepe on a free transfer? Left arsenal and still lives in the UK. 

RW but can play as a forward/no.10.

1 year deal perhaps?

Well he's free, his wages would be low and he kept Reiss Nelson out of the Arsenal side lol So why not?!

Let's get Dele Alli as a free agent, bring in Skipp, hijack Fulhams Sessegnon deal and have a bunch of ex-spurs, win some silverware and add yet more to the list of players that left spurs and subsequently won a trophy.

• Haha 1

Wonder if this provides any clues about who Cooper might be interested in?

England

edit

Head coach: Wales Steve Cooper[24]

No. Pos. Player Date of birth (age) Club
1 GK Curtis Anderson 27 September 2000 (aged 17) England Manchester City
2 DF TJ Eyoma 29 January 2000 (aged 17) England Tottenham Hotspur
3 DF Lewis Gibson 19 July 2000 (aged 17) England Everton
4 MF George McEachran 30 August 2000 (aged 17) England Chelsea
5 DF Marc Guehi 13 July 2000 (aged 17) England Chelsea
6 DF Jonathan Panzo 25 October 2000 (aged 16) England Chelsea
7 MF Phil Foden 28 May 2000 (aged 17) England Manchester City
8 MF Tashan Oakley-Boothe 14 February 2000 (aged 17) England Tottenham Hotspur
9 FW Rhian Brewster 1 April 2000 (aged 17) England Liverpool
10 MF Angel Gomes 31 August 2000 (aged 17) England Manchester United
11 MF Jadon Sancho 25 March 2000 (aged 17) Germany Borussia Dortmund
12 MF Nya Kirby 31 January 2000 (aged 17) England Crystal Palace
13 GK Josef Bursik 12 July 2000 (aged 17) England Stoke City
14 MF Callum Hudson-Odoi 7 November 2000 (aged 16) England Chelsea
15 DF Joel Latibeaudiere[25] 6 January 2000 (aged 17) England Manchester City
16 FW Danny Loader 28 August 2000 (aged 17) England Reading
17 MF Emile Smith Rowe 28 July 2000 (aged 17) England Arsenal
18 DF Steven Sessegnon 18 May 2000 (aged 17) England Fulham
19 MF Morgan Gibbs-White 27 January 2000 (aged 17) England Wolverhampton Wanderers
20 MF Conor Gallagher 6 February 2000 (aged 17) England Chelsea
21 GK Billy Crellin 30 June 2000 (aged 17) England Fleetwood Town

A striker good in the link up is a bit of a head scratcher, feel Fotis Ioannidis would’ve been perfect for us, but signing him is starting to look like a pipe dream. 

He wasn’t really linked, but from a certain standpoint I can understand potentially signing Wout Weghorst, his record in the Premier League is a turn off though. 

Looking around I think Borja Mayoral could come in a reasonable price bracket, 15 goals for Getafe last season until he got injured in the latter stages of the season https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/borja-mayoral-the-ex-real-madrid-man-emerging-as-one-of-spains-best-strikers-at-getafe/

But I’m starting to think it could be someone seriously underwhelming like Habib Diallo, Odsonne Edouard or Josh Sargent :frantics: