Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

34 minutes ago, enmac said:

42 minutes ago, enmac said:

Looks like a cheaper version of Abraham:

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, I’d take Chair……

QPR aren’t flush with cash and need money so he wouldn’t cost much, and I thought he was the best player at our place last season, he single handedly bossed the game and had us running around like headless chickens at time. I think he’s a decent player and it’s clear we’ve been interested before. 

I think we need two quality attacking midfielders. If Chair is one of them I’ll be quite happy. 

• Like 3

I really think we need to step it up in terms of new signings. Just looking at the promoted clubs, I’m worried. 

Ipswich - Omari Hutchinson, Ben Johnson, Jacob Greaves, Liam Delap, Ari Muric (Total: c.€72m)

Southampton - Adam Lallana, Rento Takoaka, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Charlie Taylor, Ronnie Edwards, Nathan Wood, Yukinari Sugawara, Flynn Downes, Khiani Shombe, Brook Myers, Juan, Wellington (Total: c.€54m)

Us - Bobby Cordova-Reid, Michael Golding, Caleb Okoli, Fatawu, (Total:€36m)

Just seems like we’ve stagnated and our competitors are trying to really improve their team.  I appreciate there’s PSR concerns.  We’ve been more considerably weakened by departures than the other two and Southampton also have a number of decent players returning from loans - including Alcaraz and Bella-Kotchap. 

I don’t put too much stock in pre-season friendliness but it’s abundantly clear we need to really step things up on the transfer front. We desperately need a striker and creativity in CM. For the love of Birch, please no more bloody CBs. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I really think we need to step it up in terms of new signings. Just looking at the promoted clubs, I’m worried. 

Ipswich - Omari Hutchinson, Ben Johnson, Jacob Greaves, Liam Delap, Ari Muric (Total: c.€72m)

Southampton - Adam Lallana, Rento Takoaka, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Charlie Taylor, Ronnie Edwards, Nathan Wood, Yukinari Sugawara, Flynn Downes, Khiani Shombe, Brook Myers, Juan, Wellington (Total: c.€54m)

Just seems like we’ve stagnated and our competitors are trying to really improve their team.  I appreciate there’s PSR concerns.  We’ve been more considerably weakened by departures than the other two and Southampton also have a number of decent players returning from loans - including Alcaraz and Bella-Kotchap. 

I don’t put too much stock in pre-season friendliness but it’s abundantly clear we need to really step things up on the transfer front. We desperately need a striker and creativity in CM. For the love of Birch, please no more bloody CBs. 

We need players in this week in order to integrate in time for the opener. We desperately need a decent start to the season to get the fan base on side and help mitigate any pending points deductions. Over to you JR…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

But did we need to do as much business as them? 

N’didi has stayed who on his day is proven at this level. We’ve purchased a new CB, we’ve had a number of player return from loans that Cooper will want to look at, and we’ve signed some decent players so far. 

We will make more signings, people are hanging on every word Cooper says, a few people have commented him saying “if we can’t do it I won’t be upset” or similar work, but he didn’t say it like Brendan said it. 

We’ve just been chasing a player from Juve for £30m…. So it’s clear we’re looking to spend money. Deal will be done this week, I can see at least two players coming in before the Spurs game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, I’d take Chair……

QPR aren’t flush with cash and need money so he wouldn’t cost much, and I thought he was the best player at our place last season, he single handedly bossed the game and had us running around like headless chickens at time. I think he’s a decent player and it’s clear we’ve been interested before. 

Isn't he a bit of a wrong un. Doesn't he have some sort of legal thing hanging over his head or is that not a thing anymore?

9 hours ago, kingfox said:

No way mate, no way. 

If we are left with Winks and Soumare as a holding two, that’s terrifying. 

I would rather Wilf get injured and be left with those as our 6’s than a new 10 get injured leaving Wilf as our 10. 

The time spent on Soule has been a major distraction and raised expectations. Watching  last nights highlights I think even several Championship players could have improved things driving forward and not demanded ridiculous wages such as Sara, Szmodics,  Chair etc

17 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

The time spent on Soule has been a major distraction and raised expectations. Watching  last nights highlights I think even several Championship players could have improved things driving forward and not demanded ridiculous wages such as Sara, Szmodics,  Chair etc

We won’t have just focused on one player. And please don’t mention Szmodics again, he’s Craig Mckale Smith Mk II.

54 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I would rather Wilf get injured and be left with those as our 6’s than a new 10 get injured leaving Wilf as our 10. 

Last night’s midfield was just too uninspiring imo. 

We most definitely need some creativity, but I also think we don’t have enough for the holding roles. 

We don’t have an alternative to Winks unless Braybrooke gets a shot, atm that’s looking unlikely. 

Ndidi and Choudhury as our ball winners, is that good enough 🤔 

As for a potential Winks & Soumare holding duo, they’d get carved open like a knife through butter when the Premier League teams come calling. 

• Like 1

To be honest, i'm suprised there isnt more worry. We're 3 weeks out from starting our first league game, we literally right of now are weaker than we were last season due to losing KDH, the signings we've made apart from Okoli he is the only player who you would say might be in the first team (Im excluding Fatawu as he played last year). We probably will sign a couple and hopefully the club brings in the quality we as fans crave/cooper wants but I can't see us signing 4-5 players which is what is needed for us to challenge this year. Apart from Winks, Fatawu, Mavvy, I wouldn't start any of the other strikers/midfielders in our team, we need starting 11 improvements and we need them yesterday. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We need quality midfielders and a proven goal scorer urgently. I agree with the above posts we are currently weaker than we were last season and the opener is not far away. Moving so slowly getting players in is forfeiting points early in the season, and all the points are worth the same. We will be figuring it out months into the season.

Shouldnt really be shocked by mismanagement at high levels of our club at this point though. 

They need to get there fingers out big time and get players in! I want 4/5 players in.

ST - Weghorst or Adebayo

CM - ORiley + Sara ( can both play CAM )

Winger - Ramon Sosa + Wesley

out - 

souttar

cannon 

wanyal

ward

• Like 2

okay hear me out, I know he’s not a full #10 but if we were happy with soule surely oscar bobb hits the same profile. 

I wonder if man city would consider the same sort of cash?  He’s played accross the front 3 and surely he stays on the periphery of their team. They will have one eye on psr and it’s all profit.  We were linked last year as well at some point 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1