Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Our looming points deduction can't be doing us many favours when trying to persuade players to join us. It wouldn't necessarily put off a player who was desperate to join a PL club and had no other offers, but for somebody with 2-3 options, it might be a key factor. I wince every time I see somebody repeat the ludicrous claims of -12 points because it's creating a perception out there that we're going to be hit really hard - even though there's no actual evidence to suggest this. It can't be helping us.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

we should know by now what points deduction will be. the delay in meting out the punishment is another punishment in itself as it restricts our ability to plan and trade.

I believe we're still legally challenging the PL's right to even charge us, which is delaying things. I can't see us succeeding with this challenge and I'd prefer us to go into the season knowing where we stand, but it seems the club is still desperately exploring every avenue, however unlikely, in an attempt to get us off the hook.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

If no marquee signings coming in I would splash the cash on Chair and Szmodics, best two I saw at the King Power last season and would be great in Championship if we get relegated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Personally, I think we now have loads of experience in the team. I thinks it’s vital to bring in young players with resale value. Going to be hard to stay up regardless. Need to build up some assets again and think long term rebuild.

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I'd take Kalvin Phillips on loan for the season with a potential obligation to buy if it was for the right price.

Wages could be an issue though. 

Don't think it's quite the player we need at the moment. Very similar to Winks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Pure delusion

Based on what? Kalvin Phillips needs footballing playing time. He's been linked with Everton this window no one else has came in for him. 

Proper deluded hey. 

• Like 1

KDH loan. I would be very surprised if he gets many games. What a waste. It would work for us and the player and maybe even Chelsea. We need some quality in and if we can't pay fees then loans or players from outside UK as cheaper and more affordable. 

39 minutes ago, markko said:

KDH loan. I would be very surprised if he gets many games. What a waste. It would work for us and the player and maybe even Chelsea. We need some quality in and if we can't pay fees then loans or players from outside UK as cheaper and more affordable. 

He’ll get plenty imo, he knows Enzos method (singular) and I think Enzos going to have his work cut out there, disastrous games in pre season and the pressure will be on already from certain fans when they get slapped by Man City in the opening game. 

We need some solid transfer news in these next few days. We’re getting on for 2/3 weeks before the start of the season and we’ve only got 3 new players, 2 of them won’t end up even starting and we’re also without our main playmaker in KDH. I get we need to be patient but even Cooper himself keeps saying how he wants them in quicker to integrate them in. 

Really really hope we see some more movement soon.

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Based on what? Kalvin Phillips needs footballing playing time. He's been linked with Everton this window no one else has came in for him. 

Proper deluded hey. 

If we can get proven players in of his quality I'll eat my hat (which is made out of straw so probably ok.

But I just don't think we're that attractive as a club right now compared to 18 other clubs. PSR and an unknown points deduction maybe 2 and if we get relegated another punishment potentially makes it a pretty hard sell.

I hope I'm wrong but look at who we've bought bought so far.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

I'd take Kalvin Phillips on loan for the season with a potential obligation to buy if it was for the right price.

Wages could be an issue though. 

Yep they should at very least be finding out what kind of money they would have to pay to top up the wages from city - still a player in there 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

O'Riley or Nanasi for midfielder - both would be great. Ioannidis for striker. Bet all three move to European chasing German or French sides though.

Yeah, I'm starting to realise, we're not going to be able to attract the likes of O'Riley, as they'll have suitors which can offer high level European football.

We need to shop in a different market - Still think Gabriel Sara would suit us to a tee

• Like 1

Losing about 30 goal contributions in midfield, it's unfathomable to go into a new season without replacing that in some form. Hamer (relegation clause), Sara, Chair, O Reily, Carvalho.....get one of them in, it's not that difficult, deals are there!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Losing about 30 goal contributions in midfield, it's unfathomable to go into a new season without replacing that in some form. Hamer (relegation clause), Sara, Chair, O Reily, Carvalho.....get one of them in, it's not that difficult, deals are there!

Chair is going no where (apart from Jail)

O'Riley, is probably/almost definitely, out of our reach

Any of the others though! :fc:

• Haha 1

How many loans are we allowed this season? We should be going down the Chelsea , Man City and Liverpool squad lists and be all over there lads that aren’t making a match day squad - there will be plenty of them that are very very good players 

chalobah 

gilchrist 

ugochukwo 

Chuckwmaka 

santos 

kellyman 

Broja 

fofana

kabore 

phillips

mcatee 

bobb 

van den burg 

bajcetic

clark

carvalho

doak 

absolutely bloody loads of them 

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Chair is going no where (apart from Jail)

O'Riley, is probably/almost definitely, out of our reach

Any of the others though! :fc:

Yeah forgot about Chair's off the field issues, baller though :D. Reports coming out of Southampton that they are trying to trade Shea Charles for O'Reilly though. I reckon he's attainable!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Yeah forgot about Chair's off the field issues, baller though :D. Reports coming out of Southampton that they are trying to trade Shea Charles for O'Reilly though. I reckon he's attainable!

O'Riley and the Southampton manager go way back, as well.

Don't think he'd want to come to us imo

16 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Would absolutely love us to activate Hamer's release clause and also go all out for Sara. Get that Brazilian theme going again :D

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2