Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

6 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I assume our biggest problem is convincing players to accept a very likely salary cut the following season. 

In order to mitigate that we probably need to bring in some very reasonable relegation release clauses. That gives comfort to the player that there's very plausible avenues to exit the club if money is the biggest driver for them. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Another example of some cracking foxes talk logic. 

Mate, we’re basically 2 weeks away from our first game and need 4/5 players in still. They need to get there finger out. 

A striker is an absolute must we cannot start the season with daka leading the line. It makes you wonder why we ain’t getting players in, either no money till we sell or nobody wants to come.

• Like 2

The lack of links and the players we are linked too is just alarming.

If the club are already thinking it will be relegation then Instead of ayew we should have been buying youthful championship players (Edwards, greaves etc) who could possibly make step up. Wouldn't mind if we did get relegated and had a bigger resale value all whom have now moved on to teams who we will rival. Hamer and Sara should be targeted.

If cooper wants a forward with PL experience which seems to be his mantra go and get adebayo from Luton. 10 goals last season and he will hold the ball up/press/ and give us some height which Daka lacks. 

We need a number of players at least 4 and need them bedding in quickly. Strikers, midfielders all whom can add goals.

The fact we also can't seem to move players on and giving new contracts to players who won't be good enough in premier league speaks volumes about the clubs direction it's heading in.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hence why it would make sense to target a couple of players, that are already in a situation slightly 'worse' than ours

Gus Harmer

Gabriel Sara

Reading the web, £16.8m gets Hamer due to his release clause. Also, £15m ex. add-ons gets you Sara. Absolute no-brainer.

Agreed.

Sara likely wants a shot at the PL so I guess it would depend on other offers.

Hamer, I suppose lived the worst case scenario for us this season in what happened at Sheff Utd last season. Possible there could be a factor there that two seasons in a row could begin to had an adverse affect on his career? Maybe not keen in that case.

33 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Mate, we’re basically 2 weeks away from our first game and need 4/5 players in still. They need to get there finger out. 

A striker is an absolute must we cannot start the season with daka leading the line. It makes you wonder why we ain’t getting players in, either no money till we sell or nobody wants to come.

If we’ve got no money, why did we bid £20+million on a player? 

I think people think that unless it’s in the news we’re doing nothing….. the club will be working hard to bring players in. Let’s not forget we’ve already signed,

Yannick

Ndidi

Fatawu

Golding 

BDR

and Okoli. 

The fact the first three are resigned, people with discount those. It’s not as straight forward as people think. We’re clearly active in the market, and more signings will come. We also need to get some players out. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Better options domestically or abroad is the most likely I would think.

34 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Agreed.

Sara likely wants a shot at the PL so I guess it would depend on other offers.

Hamer, I suppose lived the worst case scenario for us this season in what happened at Sheff Utd last season. Possible there could be a factor there that two seasons in a row could begin to had an adverse affect on his career? Maybe not keen in that case.

But does Hamer want to be in the Champ this season? I’d like to think we could sell him the dream

We desperately need creative midfielders but we're not being linked too any and the only concrete target appears to be Ayew.

Just don't understand what the club is playing at.

• Like 2

No one knows anything really. Club may be constrained as they are worried. We are being penalized twice.potentially. Players may not want to join because of points deduction. We have no idea how many we will be deducted. Too many points and we are dead in water and no players coming in same outcome. We already have taken one relegation as a.punishment over Everton. It is a right old mess.

Starting to get a little concerning now isn’t it.

Not full panic stations yet, but not too far off lol

I guess bringing in those ‘first name on the team sheet’ type players is very difficult compared to the squad fillers.

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hence why it would make sense to target a couple of players, that are already in a situation slightly 'worse' than ours

Gus Harmer

Gabriel Sara

Reading the web, £16.8m gets Hamer due to his release clause. Also, £15m ex. add-ons gets you Sara. Absolute no-brainer.

If we were also linked with those two and a striker, it would make links to the likes of Ayew as a rotation wing/striker option a lot more palatable. It’s the fact he’s the only link with any momentum behind it at the moment which is causing so much negativity.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind Yunus Akgün back at this price.

According to Galatasaray’s official website, Leicester paid a €500,000 loan fee and they had a buying option of €9m, which they didn’t exercise.

The report says Hellas Verona can sign him on a loan deal with a €5m purchase clause. Galatasaray want that clause to be mandatory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I get the same vibe as two seasons ago where we signed nobody other than Wout Faes after Fofana departed. The silence is deafening, the weird pre-season with games announced last minute and not to fans, etc.

We might have signed a few players, but we've lost our best player and haven't adequeately replaced him. What I find confusing is that I don't see any sort of overall strategy. I would have thought one of the following would have happened:

• Sign a "loan army." Don't commit to long-term signings but try and bring in 4-5 highly rated propsects to improve the overall quality of the squad. Low-risk, but low reward if the players do well.
  • Sign players that are young with resale value, that are also proven in the Championship. This is what Ipswich are doing.
  • Go all out and gamble to stay up this season by spending big and accept penalties down the road, like when Forest first got promoted.
  • Sign no-one at all, rely on youth players and pray. Cheapest option, realistically accepting relegation.

It seems a bit all over the place at the moment. Weirdly it seems a lot worse than last season where it seemed like we had quite a good strategy. Admittedly, Fatawu, Yunus and Casadei joined quite late on, and I am expecting that to happen again this season with the loan signings. This is because many players go away on the US tours to see if they can get into the first team squad, before a decision is made to loan them out.

Not looking good with the season starting in two weeks though. The KDH replacement should be in the team now, to learn the system and be ready to go on day one. Despite the idiotic Thailand trip, one thing Enzo did brilliantly was to drill and coach the team so that they learned the system very quickly. Game one against Coventry was a bit rough, but we got off to a good start and went on a good run early. Leaving signings till the last-minute might cost us 1 or 2 points, and that's the reason we went down last time round.

Was KDH really our best player? Winks/Vardy/Fatawu/Ricardo and Mavididi may want to differ.

• Like 1

We’d all rest slightly easier if we had any substantial links to creative midfielders and strikers. 

Maybe we are trying to tap too much into an unrealistic market, look at Soule for example, he clearly didn’t want any business with us. With the situation we find ourselves in, maybe other targets are thinking the exact same, maybe they have better projects awaiting in the pipeline. 

As Strider said, it’s reaching the point where surely we have to explore certain avenues. The loan market being option number one. Option number two, go down the same route as Ipswich and Southampton by plucking younger players from English clubs. Option number three, target the market outside of Europe’s top five leagues. 

If we don’t see a creative midfielder and striker in by the Spurs game, then I’ll be starting to panic. 

I keep reminding myself that BDCR and Okoli signings came out of nowhere and whilst there were rumours about a Chelsea player being involved in KDH deal, the media linked Broja, Fofana (not that one) Casadei etc before Fab tweeted about Golding.

Clear that there are no real leaks to the media and I’m sure the recruitment team are working hard on getting some deals done. I’d rather wait and get the right ones than panic and get anyone in.

All I ask for is a team of players willing to give their all for Leicester City Football Club. If that’s what we get we can’t grumble.