Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

5 hours ago, trooky said:

We desperately need creative midfielders but we're not being linked too any and the only concrete target appears to be Ayew.

Just don't understand what the club is playing at.

Cooper “some of the names haven’t even been mentioned yet”….

I think that suggests that some of the players were looking at haven’t even made the media yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think that suggests that some of the players were looking at haven’t even made the media yet. 

Like usual really. Disappointing not to have players here sooner for sure, but as long we get what we need then we may be ok.

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He's just trying to make things look good and there's lots going on behind the scenes.

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Molla Wague is back:brendan:

Maybe the players that we want to sign are waiting to see if more established PL teams come in for them. We show our hand, the player looks and goes, hmmmmmm, it's a PL side but one that's likely to struggle this season. I'll wait and see if a West Ham or Fulham or Palace show any interest. 

Chances are, if none of our targets get better interest from elsewhere, we'll see a fair bit of business towards the end of the window. 

And I'm not sure filling the squad out with loan singings is the answer either. If we have a poor season and we're struggling for most of it, as many of us suspect we're going to, how bothered are these players going to be if they know they're going back to their parent clubs. They're aren't many Kevin Campbell's out there, sadly. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

There's that many journalists these days they're across everything usually.

I think it's his way of fielding interview questions without having to criticise the club.

I just don't understand why we don't get our business done quickly.

With a new manager and division, IMO we need as  much time as possible to prepare with the final squad.

Edited by trooky

People moaning about us not signing an attacking midfielder are forgetting about the return of big Bouba Soumare. You’re gonna have very eggy faces when he turns in a season that makes prime Ozil look like Richie Wellens

• Haha 4

We’ve ****ed it by not going for Marcos Leonardo. 

John, if you’re reading this, fly to Brazil with a blank cheque book, and sign this kid, stop pissing around and start getting some proper business done. 

• Like 1

as terrible as our recruitment links have been i think the pure lack of any links to any of the players we need to flog speaks volumes. Their agents can’t even be arsed to pretend someone’s after them. 

We only have the ability to sell something we don’t want to… which is exactly how a bad club operates.  I’ve never known a club so bad at getting rid of unneeded players and it’s been a problem for about 8 years now 

Even dross like everton seem to be able to get people out the door 

Edited by Lambert09

I would like a less weird transfer window. Even if we do not plan to play with a10, we need more creativity as expecting the current wingers to be ‘it’ is surely doomed.

Almost makes me think we are having a ‘take the money’ and run season before accepting relegation.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would like a less weird transfer window. Even if we do not plan to play with a10, we need more creativity as expecting the current wingers to be ‘it’ is surely doomed.

Almost makes me think we are having a ‘take the money’ and run season before accepting relegation.

Yet the club expect fans to part with £72 for a match day ticket….

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yet the club expect fans to part with £72 for a match day ticket….

They don’t. They expect their loyal customers to pay the fair and reasonable £72 ticket price, whilst watching them suckle on Sky’s whore like titty.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

They don’t. They expect their loyal customers to pay the fair and reasonable £72 ticket price, whilst watching them suckle on Sky’s whore like titty.

Right you are, perfectly reasonable when you frame it that way lol

I just don’t think there is a direction either way. If the plan was to take the money, you’d be looking for future proofing for the Championship again. For example, why not go for Ronnie Edwards for whatever Southampton paid, £5mill? Rather than spending over double on Okolie if we are trying to spend less. Plenty of exciting young players in the EFL but we don’t seem to want to look at them. Obviously the same goes for overseas leagues but let’s not expect too much of our powers that be!