Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Right you are, perfectly reasonable when you frame it that way lol

I just don’t think there is a direction either way. If the plan was to take the money, you’d be looking for future proofing for the Championship again. For example, why not go for Ronnie Edwards for whatever Southampton paid, £5mill? Rather than spending over double on Okolie if we are trying to spend less. Plenty of exciting young players in the EFL but we don’t seem to want to look at them. Obviously the same goes for overseas leagues but let’s not expect too much of our powers that be!

Wish I understood the strategy but I fear there isn't one. None of the transfer activity makes sense too me, well outside of Abdul. 

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wish I understood the strategy but I fear there isn't one. None of the transfer activity makes sense too me, well outside of Abdul. 

I do think BD-R makes sense as a free transfer with a good head, professional and experienced and still a few years to give. That is a sensible one. 

Golding as well, there is little downside to signing a prospect for a low fee.

Okolie is the one with the jury out. He may be very good but it may be a case that he isn’t good enough to keep us up but isn’t the right fit for the Championship (thinking like Faes). I think most of our fans would have rather seen us sign Edwards. Even if Okolie might be better this season, Edwards would have represented longer term thinking. 

Ultimately, those we have brought in aren’t bad. They are probably decent options or prospects in Golding’s case. It’s more about the business we haven’t done and the gaps we haven’t filled (yet).

27 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

midfield and attack of:

(Thierno)Barry

Mavididi Asprilla Fatawa

Winks Ríos

get it done!

Club will probably sign Faustino Asprilla and Gareth Barry.  Fits the age profile.  AMIRITE???? 

New jokes...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Club will probably sign Faustino Asprilla and Gareth Barry.  Fits the age profile.  AMIRITE???? 

New jokes...

You are so right hun xo

shared in Bosnia x

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Haha 1

Cameron Puertas was on the scoresheet for Union SG last night. 

With Sara and O’Riley starting to look increasingly unlikely, Cameron Puertas is the next ideal name I’d go for, he fits the exact profile of what we desperately need. 

Unless he is out of our price bracket too :mellow:

• Like 1

Max Caputo

Australian 18-19yo Striker

Big lad, good finisher, set to be starting for Melbourne City this full season

Absolutely knows where the goals are, composed. Aerial threat too.

Seen enough to think he can be a good, but not top striker in years to come.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

If Cooper really wants to go with this sytem and the left back to end up really far forward and end up being our attacking outlet down the left, go out and sign Alfie Doughty right now

What's Robin Gosens up to these days?

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

If Cooper really wants to go with this sytem and the left back to end up really far forward and end up being our attacking outlet down the left, go out and sign Alfie Doughty right now

I’ve been saying this for ages. Doughty is a decent player and I can’t understand why we don’t sign him.

40 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

At this stage it's seems pretty obvious what we need..

1. A striker (that can score)
  2. A creative attacking midfielder 
  3. A massive kick up the arse!

Yep.. there you go :thumbup:

People saying 4/5 needed but at the very least point 1. And 2. Are what is needed to actually make this starting 11 semi competitive in the prem this year. Without it then i dont see 3 teams worse than us.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, enmac said:

Must have been mentioned before. Surely worth looking at. Our sort of price range:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-mcatee/profil/spieler/583199

Our sort of price range? Man City won't let him go for the 12 million Euros Transfermarkt has him down for. Man City get double that for players that haven't got minutes outside their u21s.  For the money I'd be looking elsewhere. Wasn't impressed with him with his displays at Sheffield Utd last season. Hamer looked much better. And probably cost the same.

39 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Our sort of price range? Man City won't let him go for the 12 million Euros Transfermarkt has him down for. Man City get double that for players that haven't got minutes outside their u21s.  For the money I'd be looking elsewhere. Wasn't impressed with him with his displays at Sheffield Utd last season. Hamer looked much better. And probably cost the same.

I'm sure you're right. I'm desperate 😒

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Anyone here that we should go for?

Facundo Gonzalez should have been who we went for instead of Okoli. Left footed CB, who ticks all the boxes we need to play that LCB role.

Are we documented as actually looking for a striker ? 

Saw a few links at the beginning of the window but i don’t get the feeling it’s a priority.

We obviously don’t want Cannon. Vardy will miss 1/3 of the season with his small injury’s and we can’t reply on Daka. So surely it’s a must