Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Not quite for the beginning of the season, but Gabriel Barbosa. Out of contract in December so would be free. Been linked before. Currently serving a ban but will be eligible to play around March iirc. Fully aware this is dreamland, but what a signing he would be on a free.

53 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Not quite for the beginning of the season, but Gabriel Barbosa. Out of contract in December so would be free. Been linked before. Currently serving a ban but will be eligible to play around March iirc. Fully aware this is dreamland, but what a signing he would be on a free.

Was dreadful last time in Europe. Brazilian mates say avoid 

17 hours ago, enmac said:

Must have been mentioned before. Surely worth looking at. Our sort of price range:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-mcatee/profil/spieler/583199

Pep’s stated he will be involved in their squad this season, fair play to the lad if true.

edit - only just seen the other replies stating the same thing.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

On 01/08/2024 at 16:41, moore_94 said:

5 in and 5 out - although probably be lucky to see 2 in and 2 out with how long it seemingly takes us - or we go on a mad one on deadline day after losing 3/3 games

In:

Alfie Doughty - competition for Kristiansen

Mandela Keita - competition for both Winks and Wilf

Left winger - depth / competition for Mav

“Star” attacking / creative midfielder - Alves as back up, could also use BDCR

Starting striker - we need someone who can start ahead of who we already have

Out:

Ward - in the bin

Souttar - sell (probably be loaned though)

Thomas - sell (probably be loaned though)

Soumare - sell (probably be loaned though)

Daka (sell - probably be loaned though) / Cannon (loan)

Alfie Doughty - competition for Kristiansen

Mandela Keita - competition for both Winks and Wilf

*Jonathan Rowe - competition for both wings and can also play as a 10, also only has 1 year left on his contract

*Matt O'Riley, Calvin Stengs, Cameron Puertas - new creative midfielder, needed, now.

*Fotis Ioannidis, Kévin Denkey, Jonas Wind, Jonathan Burkardt, Elijah Adebayo - new striker, needed, now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Rather than faff about with Soule we could have focussed on Sara and Szmodics and likely had both done for a combined 30m weeks ago.

Absolute joke of a club atm. 

Well Sara is going for £22mill and that's around the apparent fee Blackburn want. So £40mill.  And then if Sara had chosen Galatasary anyway, people would bemoan going for him and be saying we should have concentrated on getting Soule in for £30mill instead.

Surely there are some prospects in the Nordic leagues? Hermansen was a great piece of business. What do we really have to lose by taking a punt on a £5m player? We're facing relegation as it is anyway, we can only go up from there.

If we are looking for a #10/RW hybrid and are as strapped for cash as it seems, what about Yusuf Yazici? Free transfer, in his prime, left footed 10 who can and has played wide right.... Would prob need to battle Milan for him but they seem hesitant. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If we are looking for a #10/RW hybrid and are as strapped for cash as it seems, what about Yusuf Yazici? Free transfer, in his prime, left footed 10 who can and has played wide right.... Would prob need to battle Milan for him but they seem hesitant. 

Fair shout, surprised he hasn’t signed for anybody yet, he had enough decent performances for Lille last season. 

Can also be deployed as a striker too, his style is quite unorthodox, can be used like a target man, but he possesses good technical ability, hence why he’s covered numerous positions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Thoughts on Calvin Stengs nowadays @Ric Flair

He is one of only a few who fit the creative RW/CAM profile like Asprilla and Soule...

Not quite hit the heights I thought he would but he is maturing in to that central role and impacting games consistently. Plenty to still like about him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Elijah Adebayo

Would definitely be happy with him, I’m surprised he hasn’t been linked with moves away from Luton

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Fair shout, surprised he hasn’t signed for anybody yet, he had enough decent performances for Lille last season. 

Can also be deployed as a striker too, his style is quite unorthodox, can be used like a target man, but he possesses good technical ability, hence why he’s covered numerous positions. 

Had a good euros too. 

28 minutes ago, enmac said:

Any thoughts?

From that list it has to be Guessand or Adebayo for me, they are far less raw than the others that have been mentioned. 

I recommended Guessand as a potential option the other day, thought he looked pretty handy at times last season for Nice. Physical, quick, direct and a good ball carrier. 

As for Adebayo, double figures in the Premier League last season of course, like Guessand he’d also offer a physical presence. 

• Like 3

Interestingly Galatasaray divulged all of the details of the Sara deal:

• Fee: 18 million Euros over 9 installments in 3 years

• 5 year contract

• 2.75m Euro annual salary (About 50K Euro a week)

I suppose the 5 year contract is the biggie there, but otherwise all of the above you would think would be well within our ballpark. So I can only assume we aren't prepared to go that far for potential signings...

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

From that list it has to be Guessand or Adebayo for me, they are far less raw than the others that have been mentioned. 

I recommended Guessand as a potential option the other day, thought he looked pretty handy at times last season for Nice. Physical, quick, direct and a good ball carrier. 

As for Adebayo, double figures in the Premier League last season of course, like Guessand he’d also offer a physical presence. 

Think Adebayo was out for a couple of months with an injury, 10 goals is very good. No brainer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interestingly Galatasaray divulged all of the details of the Sara deal:

• Fee: 18 million Euros over 9 installments in 3 years

• 5 year contract

• 2.75m Euro annual salary (About 50K Euro a week)

I suppose the 5 year contract is the biggie there, but otherwise all of the above you would think would be well within our ballpark. So I can only assume we aren't prepared to go that far for potential signings...

I can only imagine we thought we could do better for that price. We'll see how that looks by the end of the window. I wasn't crazy about Sara as a pickup, but he's better than a lot of the other players we could end up with.