Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Only reason I can think of that we’re not in for him is because he isn’t creative enough :dunno:

He is a good goalscorer and dribbler and has good defensive stats, so I feel like it would be poor from us to miss out on him when he can cover so many different positions, cheap, and is only 21

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

He is a good goalscorer and dribbler and has good defensive stats, so I feel like it would be poor from us to miss out on him when he can cover so many different positions, cheap, and is only 21

In fairness, it's not like we've missed out to any other Premier League club fighting over him. Evidently nobody was impressed enough. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

FFS

I haven't been overly impressed when I've watched him play. Thought he was inferior to the top wingers in the league like Summerville, Fatawu, Philogene, Mavididi etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Really depends what profile we’re looking for mate. 

As you say, Rowe has certain qualities I personally like too, the type of player who will chip in on the defensive end, which is kind of the profile of some players we’ve been linked to. 

We are crying out for creativity though, that should be the key asset that we look for in an attacking midfielder/winger, Asprilla for example would give us that, while Jon Rowe isn’t quite of that profile. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Really depends what profile we’re looking for mate. 

As you say, Rowe has certain qualities I personally like too, the type of player who will chip in on the defensive end, which is kind of the profile of some players we’ve been linked to. 

We are crying out for creativity though, that should be the key asset that we look for in an attacking midfielder/winger, Asprilla for example would give us that, while Jon Rowe isn’t quite of that profile. 

Oh I definitely don’t want us to get him instead of someone like Asprilla or a more creative player who would start

I wanted Rowe as competition/backup for both wingers, and realistically we do need that as well

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Oh I definitely don’t want us to get him instead of someone like Asprilla or a more creative player who would start

I wanted Rowe as competition/backup for both wingers, and realistically we do need that as well

Some creativity on top of Jon Rowe is something I wouldn’t be against, but I just feel the way we’ve looked in pre season, my head is saying we need as much creativity as we can get, maybe even two players of that ilk.

• Like 1

With the acceptance that we aren’t really going to compete i’d definitely be looking at players who could be a longer term project. 

Personally, I’d love for us to give Cameron Archer another crack. It just didn’t work out at sheffield united but I think that was the wrong club at the wrong time. There’s a great player in there but it’s hard to keep confidence when your club gets battered every week.  Perhaps now is the perfect time to get him because villa will have doubts after that year. 

We could probably get him in for 10m now and one good year and he’s a 20m player… or it goes a bit like solanke where he’s a little underwhelming this year but grows as a player in the championship and you end up building the team around him. 

You don’t lose talent in one season and I still think he’s one that is going to be considered for england one day 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

The more I think about strikers, the more I wonder if Adebayo isn't the best choice that we could realistically get. He's a bit of an obvious pick and I love to be a football hipster, but he's the exact sort of forward we've missed - a knockoff Drogba almost.

Whoever we get as striker will probably be of the unproven or underwhelming type, that’s usually the case with newly promoted clubs in recent years. 

Burnley - Amdouni, Datro Fofana

Sheff Utd - Archer

Fulham - Carlos Vinicius 

Bournemouth - Semenyo 

Forest - Awoniyi, Dennis, Wood

Norwich - Sargent 

Watford - Dennis, King

Leeds - Rodrigo

WBA - Grant

The only newly promoted club to spend over £20 million on a striker in that period was Leeds on Rodrigo. 

Some clubs like Brentford and Fulham were lucky to have Toney and Mitrovic to call upon. 

Doubt we have that luxury with an ageing Jamie Vardy. 

I just hope whoever we get, can muster between 10-15 goals 🤞🏻

#WelcomePoorMansAdeAkinbiyi 

20 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Realistically to have a competitive 22 man squad in the premier league we need around 5 more players in my opinion.

Left back - We have Kristensen but I’m really not sold that he is the answer, we need a left back with real attacking quality based of the shape we have seen this pre-season. 

Dream signing - Quilindschy Hartman (Feyenoord)

Other options:

• Alfie Doughty (Luton)
  • Chilwell (loan) 
  • Harry Amass (Loan)
  • Adrian Truffert (Rennes)
  • Melvin Bard (Nice)
  • Bradley Locko (Brest)

Centre defensive mid - We only have Winks, Wilf and Hamza another body is needed in there. Preferably with a bit more creativity.

Dream signing - Andre (Fluminense)

Other options:

• Joris Chotard (Montpellier)
  • Lucas Gourna-Douath (Salzburg)
  • Samuele Ricci (Torino)
  • Alan Varela (Porto)
  • Gustavo Hamer (Sheff Utd)
  • Mandela Keita (Antwerp)

Centre attacking mid - We have no one who is comfortable playing this role and I would argue even if we had KDH still he wouldn’t of been the answer either. We need some real creativity in there, Sara would have been prefect but obviously no longer available. 

Dream signing - O’Riley (Celtic)

Other options:

• Nanasi (Malmo)
  • Bilal el Khannouss (Genk)
  • Sergio Arribas (Almeria)
  • Reo Hatate (Celtic)
  • Angel Gomes (Lille)
  • Sammie Szmodics (Blackburn)

Right winger - one more body is needed here, preferably someone who is fluid across the line. 

Dream signing - Bobb (Man City)

Other options:

• Nelson (Arsenal)
  • Asprilla (Watford)
  • Thiago Fernandez (Velez)
  • Yunus Akgun (Galatasaray) 
  • Takefusa Kubo (Real Sociedad)
  • Edon Zhegrova (Lille)

Striker - It seems this year is going to be another year of depending on 37 year old Vardy. All striker options currently at the club have the exact same traits, a target man or deep lying forward who can link up play is needed.

Dream Signing - Fotis Ioannidis (Panathinaikos) or Terem Moffi (OGC Nice)

Other options:

• Maximilian Beier (Hoffenhaim)
  • Faris Moumbagna (Marseille)

The lack of available strikers across Europe is a bit concerning. 

7834-B268-DD01-4003-89-C2-B98-BD7-AFD36-

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Whoever we get as striker will probably be of the unproven or underwhelming type, that’s usually the case with newly promoted clubs in recent years. 

Burnley - Amdouni, Datro Fofana

Sheff Utd - Archer

Fulham - Carlos Vinicius 

Bournemouth - Semenyo 

Forest - Awoniyi, Dennis, Wood

Norwich - Sargent 

Watford - Dennis, King

Leeds - Rodrigo

WBA - Grant

The only newly promoted club to spend over £20 million on a striker in that period was Leeds on Rodrigo. 

Some clubs like Brentford and Fulham were lucky to have Toney and Mitrovic to call upon. 

Doubt we have that luxury with an ageing Jamie Vardy. 

I just hope whoever we get, can muster between 10-15 goals 🤞🏻

#WelcomePoorMansAdeAkinbiyi 

Wish we'd try for Adam Hlozek

• Like 1