Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wish we'd try for Adam Hlozek

God knows what our strategy is when it comes to a striker, the one’s we’ve been linked with all have different skill sets, as if we’ve just pulled names out a hat. 

A more physical threat should be the aim, someone like Hlozek would give us that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingfox said:

God knows what our strategy is when it comes to a striker, the one’s we’ve been linked with all have different skill sets, as if we’ve just pulled names out a hat. 

A more physical threat should be the aim, someone like Hlozek would give us that. 

I think you’re answered your own question there, buddy. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, kingfox said:

Strategy? 😂 

16 hours ago, kingfox said:

Whoever we get as striker will probably be of the unproven or underwhelming type, that’s usually the case with newly promoted clubs in recent years. 

Burnley - Amdouni, Datro Fofana

Sheff Utd - Archer

Fulham - Carlos Vinicius 

Bournemouth - Semenyo 

Forest - Awoniyi, Dennis, Wood

Norwich - Sargent 

Watford - Dennis, King

Leeds - Rodrigo

WBA - Grant

The only newly promoted club to spend over £20 million on a striker in that period was Leeds on Rodrigo. 

Some clubs like Brentford and Fulham were lucky to have Toney and Mitrovic to call upon. 

Doubt we have that luxury with an ageing Jamie Vardy. 

I just hope whoever we get, can muster between 10-15 goals 🤞🏻

#WelcomePoorMansAdeAkinbiyi 

Would anyone else take Chris Wood back? Always liked him when he was here and he did well at Burnley and scored some very important goals for F****t. 

Big Nige only bombed him out coz he was dinking his daughter, allegedly. 

• Like 1

Should be after Ayoub el kaabi we need an experienced scrappy big man for me in our predicament,

bring in his countryman amir richardson,

One of fabioyaser, nanasi

And a Right wing back cause I don't trust ricky & jj's legs anymore in the prem maybe trai hume so Stephy can be utilised better making okoli our sitting lcb/lb 

And if we can sell booby & others, get in Mandela keita 

24 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

Should be after Ayoub el kaabi we need an experienced scrappy big man for me in our predicament,

bring in his countryman amir richardson,

One of fabioyaser, nanasi

And a Right wing back cause I don't trust ricky & jj's legs anymore in the prem maybe trai hume so Stephy can be utilised better making okoli our sitting lcb/lb 

And if we can sell booby & others, get in Mandela keita 

A left back is FAR more important than a right IMO. If you look at how Cooper has set us up. He likes to have one FB bomb forward and play high whilst the other tucks in and plays as a 3. If he was to do this on the right, we have Ricardo to bomb forward. Or if he wants that on the left, JJ could play as the RB who tucks in. 

We have the option to do either on that side but we don't have those options on the left. I don't think VK is the right player to bomb forward and I don't think he wants to be the player who tucks in, that was his problem last year when Enzo wanted him to do it and Thomas can't do either. So really, we have to trust VK can improve his attacking threat in that role and sign a LB who is more defensive or convince him to play the LB/LCB role and sign a LWB.

I don't think it would be as big a deal if we have a left footed CB but we don't. 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If the idea is to stick with a bombing LWB, as others have touched on, we need someone who is more dynamic in certain aspects. Doughty would be my first choice, an alternative option though would be Archie Brown of Gent who has been linked with a few Premier League clubs. 

Look at those for carries and take-on stats :schmike:

7-B8-FF99-E-55-B6-46-AF-88-AF-1-BDEC690-

I think that Doughty is very good and would be a good signing if he wants to come here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Any bargains to be found?
This is absolutely ridiculous. 

must be boring as **** to be a chelsea fan, don't even to spend the entire summer stressing if your flagship signing is gonna be Jordan Ayew, just log-on to twitter on the 1st of September to see that you've signed 15 players who you'll never even see play

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Leeds offering £7m for Johnny Rowe from Norwich. I'd be all over him for that price!

Him n Morgan Whittaker.  That's 31 championship goals from last season.  Add Carvalho.  If we can't get a decent striker in then false 9 all the way!

First 2 are relatively cheap.  All proved to be very good at Champ level, so with Mav and Fats if half of them make the step up, we're laughing.

Oh and Hamer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Can’t see it. Malmo in the CL or relegation certs Leicester 

Doesn't really matter that Malmo are the in CL, be very surprised if they even make it to the group stages

He would be straight over if we went in for him - 1 season in the Prem is much better for him and his career than a few games in the CL even if it is with us

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Doesn't really matter that Malmo are the in CL, be very surprised if they even make it to the group stages

He would be straight over if we went in for him - 1 season in the Prem is much better for him and his career than a few games in the CL even if it is with us

Yeah, maybe you’re all right. I’m just feeling a bit negative about it all at the mo

Edited by FoxinNotts

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, maybe you’re all right. I’m just feeling a bit negative about it all at the mo

Biggest problem with someone like Nanasi is that we wont go for them

We will probably just go for some 30 year old back up at another prem team

• Sad 1