Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Well for a striker I wanted Nketiah (too late) or Tammy Abraham (unlikely)

I fancied Sessegnon on the wing (too late again) though wasn't totally against Nelson, Carvalaho could be good.

In midfield Szmodics I know it could turn out to be a terrible one but I'd try him. Also felt we should have gone for O'Haire on a free.

Think we need a LB but unsure who to go for there.

• Like 1

Rob Tanner published a new article this morning that included this worrying paragraph:  

“Those who have watched Leicester’s pre-season know what areas need urgent strengthening. The problem is a large portion of their £40million-£50m budget (depending on player sales) is already gone.”

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, jonny_wright said:

The Okoli deal is absolutely bizarre when we have such a small budget.. baffling almost 

It's not baffling. It's absolutely typical of the way the club has been run in the last 4/5 years. I expect this nonsense from Top and Rudkin.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's not baffling. It's absolutely typical of the way the club has been run in the last 4/5 years. I expect this nonsense from Top and Rudkin.

Totally agree.

It’s inept and delusional from Rudkin, they surely never expected anyone to buy Souttar and his loan was the most obvious outcome.

Same could be said for Soumare, Thomas and any other players who we want rid of - they will leave on a loan with us likely still paying part of their crazy high wages.

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Totally agree.

It’s inept and delusional from Rudkin, they surely never expected anyone to buy Souttar and his loan was the most obvious outcome.

Same could be said for Soumare, Thomas and any other players who we want rid of - they will leave on a loan with us likely still paying part of their crazy high wages.

We over pay for practically every target, place them on silly wages, which then means we can never sell or move them on until thier contract expires…. I dread to think what we are paying vestergaard and Decordova Reid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rob Tanner published a new article this morning that included this worrying paragraph:  

“Those who have watched Leicester’s pre-season know what areas need urgent strengthening. The problem is a large portion of their £40million-£50m budget (depending on player sales) is already gone.”

If true, spending half of that budget on a 6th centre back is actually disgraceful. Disgusting club if true 

Edited by DezFox

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

The Okoli deal is absolutely bizarre when we have such a small budget.. baffling almost 

As are the Ndidi and Vestergaard 3 year extensions, the squad is a mess

• Like 3

I find it just unbelievable that we will have known our budget limitations all summer regardless of our big sales and only signed Bobby Reid on a free, if we knew about our restrictions that would’ve been the market to hit for our depth, but that’d mean signing players in June I guess

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Backs up exactly what I surmised doesn't it. We were banking on a big sale to fund the likes of Soule and other positions we needed to strengthen.

All so inevitable.

Presume Fatawu money was included in Tanner’s estimations. Frustrating thing is, I think we’re still below average at centre back and Okoli goes against the manager’s wish for Premier League experience.

Everything is all over the place. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Backs up exactly what I surmised doesn't it. We were banking on a big sale to fund the likes of Soule and other positions we needed to strengthen.

All so inevitable.

Who was that 'big sale' ? The only decent money would be had from Hermansen or maybe Faes, but we won't get much for him!

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen

I don’t think not selling Hermansen now would stop them though as they could do as we did with KDH and sell him before the end of June next year (or possibly someone else depending on how our players do)

Edited by moore_94

No really buying the Tanner explanation sound to me like his thinking of Transfer income vs expenditure  i.e. money in money out.  

From a PSR point of view area on on a new 3 year cycle of 22/23 - 23/24- 24/25

I think we have around 40m- 60m head room on the PSR calculation even after we brought Fatawu and Okoli.