Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think not selling Hermansen now would stop them though as they could do as we did with KDH and sell him before the end of June next year (or possibly someone else depending on how our players do)

You'd think so mate but I'm getting familiar bad vibes. 

• Like 2

If cooper wants to play this formation where Kristiansen is left wide open then ideally we need 3 players.

A new quality left wing back and who can defend, beat a man and put a decent delivery in.

Patrick Dorgu from Lecce would be for me but Alfie doughty could be a good shout.

A box to box/creative No 10 midfielder similar to Ndidi in terms of height and strength but can also create and chip in with goals. 

We seem to be linked with Richardson who is the type of player we need but whether he's creative enough is the big question. If we got Richardson for the ndidi role and then Asprilla or Carvalho for number 10 then that would be absolutely ideal but never going to happen.

A strong mobile striker who can hold the ball up and win fouls but knows where the back of the net is.

Fotis Ioannidis would be perfect but yet again Adebayo from Luton could be reasonable.

Whatever happens we need some fresh blood into the side and quickly 

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 3

I am lost as to what is happening. Different links falling down at the final hurdle. I look at other similar clubs and they at least seem to have some sort of focus and realism even if their signings are not stunning. The links to random wingers  or strikers second choice for top

premier league teams but still on big unaffordable wages seems so futile.  There doesn’t seem a lot of research before getting involved all a bit scattergun IMO. Personally I’d look at the best of the Championship players to sort midfield out such as Hamer, James etc etc rather than getting caught in no mans land with the finances

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Backs up exactly what I surmised doesn't it. We were banking on a big sale to fund the likes of Soule and other positions we needed to strengthen.

All so inevitable.

I wonder if we thought we'd be fine with Stolarcyzk and were happy to sell Hermansen.

Just the usual ineptness. It's impossible to have even a slight bit of enthusiasm if you have any sort of analytical ability. Sick to death of these idiots we're run by and sick of people pretending they aren't idiots.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rob Tanner published a new article this morning that included this worrying paragraph:  

“Those who have watched Leicester’s pre-season know what areas need urgent strengthening. The problem is a large portion of their £40million-£50m budget (depending on player sales) is already gone.”

Surely that budget was pre KDH sale otherwise the budget was initially £10-£20m! lol 

2 hours ago, Phenom said:

IMG_0627.thumb.jpeg.8d28d885274d840ccf4020ad20fbcc01.jpeg

In all seriousness tho this is where all the dummies that support Rudkin and KP like they can do no wrong, will say “they can’t help how much they have to spend because of PSR”

Yet will ignore the fact he spent 1/3 of the budget on an area we are most well stocked.

38 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Surely that budget was pre KDH sale otherwise the budget was initially £10-£20m! lol 

KDH money has no impact on 24/25 as we sold him to try and comply with 23/24. Obviously had we not sold him we'd have been in a world of trouble.

I wonder if the club will risk breaking PSR for 24/25 by spending in the next few weeks and know they have to sell at least 1 player before the end of June. It's a calculated risk.

• Thanks 1

Though it's probably a bit of a non-starter it's being rumoured that Villa are dropping their price on Jhon Duran to £25mill (presumably to ease future PSR) in the wake of West Ham buying Fullkrug, as they were the only suitor previously.  It's also reported that the Hammers are still interested in him though.  However, he's only on 30k a week, and he'd be first choice here. Strong, quick, good striker of the ball.  I suspect he wouldn't be keen on joining us if there were other interested parties, like West Ham, however it's definitely worth an enquiry.  If the player has reservations about relegation then loan with obligation if we stay up would suit everyone if as I say, there aren't any other clubs in for him.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

How much higher would our budget be if we didn’t give Vesty and Ndidi new contracts?

Quite a bit and two players lighter who will have important roles - your point is ?

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH money has no impact on 24/25 as we sold him to try and comply with 23/24. Obviously had we not sold him we'd have been in a world of trouble.

I wonder if the club will risk breaking PSR for 24/25 by spending in the next few weeks and know they have to sell at least 1 player before the end of June. It's a calculated risk.

We have a decent amount of head room by my calculations, our amortisation has dropped to around 36m this summer from a high of 78m two seasons ago even with our summer additions.

Wages will be sufficiently lower too, I don't see PSR as a massive blocker this summer. 

I think it's more one eye on the impact of swift return to the championship.

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

Quite a bit and two players lighter who will have important roles - your point is ?

Is Vesty a starter? Ndidi shouldn’t be.

Plus, we’ll feel the ramifications of resigning them in the upcoming seasons, if not in this one.

Edited by Phenom

Plus, we’ll feel the ramifications of resigning them in the upcoming seasons, if not in this one.

Will we?  They've at least shown that they can do a job in the championship, so if we do go back down, they'll be fine there.  And if we don't, who gives a shit?

• Like 1

Your deluded if you don’t think they will games and lots of them - whether they should is a different matter but replacing two experienced premier league players would probably cost £30m+ and we don’t have that under FFP - I think we had to sign them and I think they will be invaluable next season 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We are one week away from the season and have no one in, at this stage it's a easy transfer that we should be looking to do.

Are you his agent? Why is it easy? Would rather loan someone, and we clearly are not going to finish our business before the first game.

• Like 2