Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ipswich bid 8m + 2m add ons

That's not going to get him though is it?

If it were then yes, I think he'd be worth the gamble. At that price I think you can dismiss his age due to his versatility.  However I'd be very surprised if he went for anything like that amount.  8mill plus a loan of Cannon!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not ITK but I think we will get three more

players:-

Ryan Fraser, Sean Longstaff and Danny Ings

Max cornett, gonzalez and out of absolutely nowhere josh sargent 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Are you his agent? Why is it easy? Would rather loan someone, and we clearly are not going to finish our business before the first game.

No I am not his agent, are you ? it's easy because we are relegation favorites hes available, bagged 33 goals last season and we could probably get him for 13m, of course we are not we are too slow to react. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

No I am not his agent, are you ? it's easy because we are relegation favorites hes available, bagged 33 goals last season and we could probably get him for 13m, of course we are not we are too slow to react. 

Why does being relegation favourites make it easy? No I am not good agent either, but I am not the making unsubstantiated claims.  :)

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Why does being relegation favourites make it easy? No I am not good agent either, but I am not the making unsubstantiated claims.  :)

Let's say we got relegated we wouldn't have to sign a striker next season and with his previous season in the Championship then it's an easy decision he could also chip in with enough goals to keep us up, for the price I think it makes it an easy decision considering the amount we have threw away previously and his wages won't be huge with him currently on 15k a week  

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There are 3 certains in life 

Death 

Taxes 

@whoareyaaa selling Szmodics as the best thing since sliced bread 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JimJams said:

That's not going to get him though is it?

If it were then yes, I think he'd be worth the gamble. At that price I think you can dismiss his age due to his versatility.  However I'd be very surprised if he went for anything like that amount.  8mill plus a loan of Cannon!

Loaning them Cannon for a season would sweeten the deal, and we would probably get more from it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have a decent amount of head room by my calculations, our amortisation has dropped to around 36m this summer from a high of 78m two seasons ago even with our summer additions.

Wages will be sufficiently lower too, I don't see PSR as a massive blocker this summer. 

I think it's more one eye on the impact of swift return to the championship.

You might well be right. It's certainly confusing that we've bid upwards of £20-25m for Soule and then it's ground to a halt.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You might well be right. It's certainly confusing that we've bid upwards of £20-25m for Soule and then it's ground to a halt.

Maybe a combination of us being a little more careful with fees and wages after being burnt and being slight less appealing due to the backdrop of a point deduction.

I always think the is uncertain in the market due to PSR across the board, and other changes in the financial landscape.

48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

and out of absolutely nowhere josh sargent 

After doing some statistical number crunching, I’ve been picturing him or Chuba Akpom in a Leicester shirt for weeks 😬:frantics:

Ianis Hagi has well and truly fallen out with Rangers. We could pick him up for a couple of million. He’s a number 10. Had massive potential, but lost his way. Looked good for Romania in the Euros.

could have him and Alves lock down the 10 role (which I think SC won’t actually use that  much this season), and spend the funds on other positions

Thoughts?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Ianis Hagi has well and truly fallen out with Rangers. We could pick him up for a couple of million. He’s a number 10. Had massive potential, but lost his way. Looked good for Romania in the Euros.

could have him and Alves lock down the 10 role (which I think SC won’t actually use that  much this season), and spend the funds on other positions

Thoughts?

Alves needs to go on loan - he’s not ready - still wants too many touches and needs to play games 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thoughts?

Hagi hasn't really done anything of note for about 4 or 5 years has he?

Be a hell of a risk for him to be our creative midfielder

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hagi hasn't really done anything of note for about 4 or 5 years has he?

Be a hell of a risk for him to be our creative midfielder

He looked fresh in the Euros for Romania. I don’t know, I’m just scratching around for ideas

Had a look around entirely because I absolutely despise the idea of us having to deal with Ward being our number 2 for potentially at least 6 months

Michael Cooper - only has 1 year left on his contract at Plymouth (offer Iversen in the deal)

Tobe Leysen - doing very well for Leuven and about time we took advantage of them being our sister club (sorry Leuven)

Juan Musso - only has 1 year left on his contract at Atalanta

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Could we finally land Karamoko Dembele from Brest? Was obscene at Blackpool last season. 

Strangely only seen him linked with the likes of Sheff Wed, Derby, and Birmingham

You would think mid table and above Championship teams would be the ones fighting over him

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thoughts?

He's a weird one. Never got a proper run at it uo here. Never looked happy. I don't know if he just didn't settle but something is off. Would be a risk that I would have taken last year but not this. 

@Ric Flair seems like there's a case hanging over Zambrano related to a drugs test from March, which might explain how he's seemingly only being linked with Championship clubs this window and Hull are just taking the risk in the hope he doesn't get a ban. If he doesn't they've played a blinder